Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

625 results found

1. Let us edit clips we made during stream afterward!

Now that the Moments beta is being rolled back, I'd love to see parts of Moments brought to regular clips. My favorite part of Moments as a streamer was being able to clip something mid-stream and then easily be able to edit it right after the stream.

I could use markers mid-stream and go clip things that I marked afterward, but it's difficult scrubbing through the entire vod to get the right clippable window for each marker. (I have tried this, it's such a pain that it never ends up happening)

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would be gread if we could pull more than one file to the upload field and then all the videos will be sequential uploaded.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback, we understand bulk upload needs and are looking into requirements. How many videos do you think you will upload at a time, and how often will you upload multiple videos?

4. I wish viewership wasn’t a public thing. I wish it was something only the streamer/mods could see, if they wanted.

No view counts on any channel. I believe this would provide more discoverability, limit trolls, open up more raiding opportunities and give other viewers the chance to go into channels that they wouldn't normally go to because they have "too many viewers". Plus, sponsors would have to look into how the streamer interacts with their community instead of basing sponsorships solely on viewership. If they want that information, they can always ask AFTER they realize they like your content.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello, now, in 2022, there is a huge problem in the asmr category, 70% of streamers began to issue pre-recorded videos for real ones and play them for 40 hours, I think it is forbidden to do this! It became difficult for a real streamer to stream because the category is full of records, please stop streaming the recording and pass them off as a real stream.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to have closed captioned and subtitled videos. Twitch wouldn't need to have a closed captioning system, just the option to upload a CC file (i.e SubRip, SubViewer, RealText, etc) and preferably to be able to maintain the more advanced files' caption positioning.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A feature that could be able to attach specific clips that are either originally clipped or edited all together. This feature would be great to express content on a larger level then just one video at a time. It would save a lot scrolling for more content for the viewer/follower. Also, with this, you could input a "starred" feature that brings a specific video or videos to the top of your feed. This will allow this best content to be seen instead of tucked away when more content is added.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Under the clip, on the clip page, have an expandable Comments section where twitch users can provide comments on the clip and other users of twitch have the ability to comment, upvote, downvote, like, or dislike other comments made by other twitch users.

The clip creator and broadcaster should have the ability to pin a comment they each like, even if they both like the same comment.

The ability to delete comments should be left to the Broadcaster.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Streaming software first ask what you want as youtube title and info (link youtube account on streaming software) when you hit the 'Go live' button for going live on Twitch. You do your streaming, when you end the stream by clicking on Stop streaming, that very stream stays on Twitch for 3 days or so. Once the 3 days are up, the VOD is deleted off Twitch and goes on to streamer's YouTube channel.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, the only option for transcoding regardless of a streamer's own setup, is to pray you're lucky.

This harms a ton of smaller streamers, viewers, and Twitch Profits alike. It forces streamers to prioritise lower quality, which wards off viewers in more economically sound positions in order to get the viewers required to get noticed by the clearly viewer driven promotion algorithm. This is highly self-contradicting, leading to the only chance for twitch to maximise profit being streamers downprioritising the users that would be the most likely to contribute large amounts.

Opensourcing already existing transcoding service together with something like…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If users exit the clip editor without selecting "Publish", a clip with the stream title is still saved. These clips create clutter and detract from browsing all channel clips. Ideally these unintended clips should not be saved/posted.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pressing , or . will go back 1 frame or forward 1 frame just like on youtube. Sometimes I want to see how many frames it took for someone to kill the streamer I'm watching on Valorant for example.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As the creator author of the videos, I should be able to download the videos without any audio portion muted. It's still fine if the portion is muted when you watch the video but when you want to download the video, the original record without any modification or muting edition should be downloaded.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This has probably been thought about already, but why wouldn't you give the end-user the opportunity to decide the layout of the stream? What I mean is providing the end-user with similar options to the content creator. Meaning the user can decide where to place the face cam overlay, or even turn it off. Potentially even enable a second playback browser tab. That way, users have the potential to enjoy the gameplay without having part of the game covered with the content creators face. Or if they want, they can have the creators second camera on full screen in a…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have markers on the progress bar for VODs showing when in the stream the Category and/or game was switched.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. YouTube recently added 1.75x speed for videos. I find it be the perfect max speed for being able to understand most speech. (And at least one other person agrees: https://youtu.be/DQ8orIurGxw?t=115)

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I love the new view numbers attached to the VODs! I would love a way to transfer these view numbers to the attached highlight. As it stands now, we lose all those stats when the VOD expires. Those of us that highlight entire streams without the breaks, etc to save for future VOD watchers (for example, an entire series run of Silent Hill) have a difficult time explaining Twitch analytics to sponsors or advertisers.

If I submit analytics of EXAMPLE GAME with 1k Twitch views, 1k YouTube (uploaded 24 hours after it airs on Twitch for exclusivity), 1k podcast version,…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I don't have the most stable internet so there are days where a stream will buffer quite a bit. This means that I am viewing the stream later than the rest of chat, and in order to catch back up I need to reload the entire page.

I would like a button that refreshes just the stream in order to give the the most current stream.

This would also help people who chose to pause the stream.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sometimes the chat is important for the content of the clip. But when the vod get deleted after a while, these clips are useless because the chat content isn't there anymore. My idea is to save the chat content independent of the vod.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?