Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new harassment policy sounds lovely. But, how can we be sure Twitch will actually enforce it? Many of us have experienced harassment from viewers as well as creators (hateful raids, etc) and nothing has ever been done. How can we trust you’re going to do something now?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi! One of the Ideas of mine I'd love to see implemented which would help a lot of mods/streamers. Starting out It'd really be nice if there were some changes made to the "editors" role and some new roles added to replace some of the "editor" role's current features. For example, it'd be really nice if there was a "Stream manager/adminstrator" role or even both implemented with different privileges. We need a role for Streamers where they're be able to assign people of their choosing (Generally Top mods) to #1, have more access to be able manage/edit the channel and…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think that allowing mods to sort the list of users beyond alphabetical would allow us to easily see the problematic accounts, check their chat history and easily filter out problem users. It won't solve the issue of long standing accounts being possibly problematic. That said, those who cause issues are generally using burner accounts.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would love to have a toggle-able chat badge or flag we mods could use to mark people that warrant extra watching. New chatters who set our troll senses tingling, or folks who have said problematic but not ban-worthy things, for example. Like the negative equivalent of a VIP badge. The badges would need to be removable, for people who turn out to be okay after all.
    Some problem users disappear when timed out, then show up later after we've forgotten about them or when different mods are around. A chat badge would let them stand out instantly. And paired…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Every game that is released is released with an ESRB rating determining its appropriateness for various audiences. Twitch already collects these ratings when they add new games to the platform.

Now streamers have the option to turn a "Mature" warning for their content, but rarely is a streamers content always Mature, or always all-ages-friendly.

Given that Twitch has this information, it would be a great help to many if depending on which category you are streaming to, it automatically enables or disables the Mature filter based on the ESRB rating of the game.

For non-gaming categories, some could easily be…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As a streamer and avid Twitch viewer, there are many community members who do not seem to understand the "unwritten rules" of Twitch. It would be lovely to have a resource or link to direct these people to. Perhaps an informative hub similar to the help center but focused on interpersonal conduct. Videos, articles, etc.

Some of the things observed:
    - A user entering chat and stating they are underage (less than 13 for TOS violation, less than 18 in mature channels)
    - Asking for mod privledges
    - Asking for a gift sub
    - First message in a channel: "Can…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Had a message come across automod that used the n word, so obviously I denied the message. However, after denying an automod message it is from what I can see lost forever. I wanted to ban the user or at least time them out for a few days with no luck. I feel a sense of urgency with automod notifications so it seemed reasonable to deny it quickly. It would be nice to add denied messages to the log for further moderator action.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add a Follow button to the viewer card in chat. Specifically the class "tw-bottom-0 viewer-card_actions". For non-techs, the Viewer Card is the pop-up that happens when you click someone's name in chat.

A good amount of streamers like to shout out people in their chat who also stream, or based on a chat discussion, you may want to follow someone who is participating in chat. It's a poor choice of design flow that a button exists to "Add Friend" but not to Follow them. It would be much easier to have a button right there in the Viewer Card…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There needs to be a change with in twitch as there has been multiple profiles with problematic pictures that are grounds for banned. There needs to be a implementing of a non-approved stage for profile pictures followed by a approved stage so that way we don't have problematic grounds when someone's profile picture shows up in someone's stream during a game or such ex being marbles. Because this brings up problems for the streamer were we have to take even more steps to avoid being flagged or banned for something we ourselves didn't display. This includes but not limited to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Twitch plans on soft-banning a handful of words in their next policy update, namely "simp", "incel", and "virgin", in an attempt to ***** down on ****** harassment. They say it will only be in cases where they are used as insults but I want to get ahead of this since community outcry is already bubbling up.

Banning individual words that are not slurs not only lumps them in with genuinely harmful words but also encourages an environment where context is devalued. The above three words are usually used in a joking manner, but I worry that shuffling them into the…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. First off I wanna thank RekItRaven for Shedding so much light on this issue that has been occurring for years. I have just started streaming 8 months ago and this is my 4th time this year getting hate raided. I’ve been called almost everything in the book. Now I have several ideas on how to make this better but for starters. You Need to obey the Blocked/Banned Order. Anyone who is Blocked Or Banned should not be able to Hate watch us thus risking another hate raid whether that be in the form of bullying or racism. 2. Have Better…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Block users banned from a channel from joining a raid from the channel the users are banned from to the raided channel, and also not notifying the banned users the name of the raid target channel (specifically the notification appearing on the top of the chat when the raid is about to happen).

As with a raid, the raiding streamer will be in the chat of the raided channel, and the raiding and raided channels usually have related communities, malicious users can use this opportunity to continue harassing the streamer or spreading damage to related communities, despite being banned from…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There is a glaring loophole in chat history logging that has been present for years since the chat logging system started. It involves changing your name via Twitch's name change feature. Once someone has changed their name, you can no longer reliably pull up their entire chat history. It is effectively halted for the old name, and wiped for the new name so long as you do not have their original name.

I'll try to explain this as simple as I can.

Let's say I have actual years of chat logs under the name "desertp" on "examplechannel"
    https://www.twitch.tv/popout/examplechannel/viewercard/desertp?popout=
    All of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The permitted terms that are added do not end up permitting the word to be used in chat. For example, blocking the word "sex" prevents the chat from using the pride emotes that have the words "sex" in it due to the wildcard. It would be nice if Twitch found a way to sort the Permitted Words list and allow it so the permitted words actually allow the viewers to say the word in chat without it still being blocked.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please clarify what term(s) you’re adding to the Permitted Terms list in this example? Are you saying you’ve added “sex” as a Blocked Term, “pansexual” as a Permitted Term, and you still can’t use the Pansexual Pride emote?

17. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. This would make it possible to pre-emptively ban someone with an offensive username.

It also means that when you get a large number of bots with similar usernames turn up, e.g. Troll1, Troll2, Troll3, etc., adding Troll* to the Banned Names list would stop all variations from posting. But also with an option to ban usernames containing certain terms.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The list of users in chat is really helpful while also being able to see the chat open at the same time, but people come in, watch, talk, leave, and sometimes their name never appears in the viewer list. Sometimes it does appear but after they've been chatting about 10 minutes. This is not helpful if trolls are returning to make your life difficult. The list becomes invalid.

Please increase the refresh rate of this list.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?