Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is a trend for people to stream anime series which not only is illegal, since they don't own the content which has copyright, but this will hurt twitch content creators.

1. Most of these channels are using an illegal streaming website to stream the show on twitch.

2. If they are using a legal site (for example, Crunchyroll) they are breaking the law by double streaming their content here.

3. They are not creating their own content, hurting all hard-working streamers that actually put effort on twitch.

The problem is there is no easy way of making a report for this case.…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This would allow moderators to know the active number of subscribers and sub points that the streamer currently has. This would be helpful for events like subathons or when streamers try to make a push for unlocking a new emote.

This information may be more than some streamers are willing to share with their mod team, so this would be something that the Streamer would be able to share if they wanted to. The Streamer would have a setting that would allow them to share this info with mods (default setting would be "No").

For Mods, this could be info…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turbo users were given options to hide their turbo badges. Why not moderators who voluntarily invest their time & energy to grow communities? That way streamers have options to fight mod-wall effect and see if chat participation improves. Just having that option is really reassuring and helpful for many communities. Currently some moderators would lurk or go through the hassle of logging into another alt-account to chat. Some streamers even have to awkwardly unmod people and mod when needed.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The appeal for suspension of the account does not receive feedback other than an automatic response. Is it possible to provide feedback on all appeals without ignoring some?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suspension Appeal Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Olá.
    Entendo que usuários diferentes precisam de durações de timeout diferentes, e durante uma transmissão movimentada é complicado ficar digitando nicks e durações diferentes de timeout.
    Vou sugerir dois recursos

1 - Duração de timeout padrão
    Tem dias que a duração de timeout padrão é muito e tem dias que é pouco; adicionar um recurso que permita ao usuário escolher o tempo padrão do timeout ao clicar com o mouse ajudaria demais os moderadores e principalmente o streamer que não tem moderadores.

2 - Recurso para configurar timeout gradativo ao clicar com o mouse
    Seria interessante adicionar um recurso que…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The current banning system is hugely flawed due to trolls being able to hide behind a VPN and create hundreds of new accounts, it does literal nothing to protect streamers against a persistent troll.

Instead Twitch needs to have it so that anyone who uses their services agrees to the logging of their Device ID and and bans are logged against that Device and not the IP. This way troll maybe has 2/3 devices he/she can use but certainly not hundreds!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There should be a higher tier mod role that can take and give mod and vip roles also it should has different badge maybe something like waraxe or maybe golden sword

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Amazon has owned twitched for a while now. and has put very little into innovative changes from the original owners. they stayed with the same old simplistic OUT DATED report system, which has proven extremely innaffective in urgent situations. Yet their main website has live support. instead of a forum report system approach that the ticket gets responded hours if not days later. Now that mixer is gone, twitch community is and has been growing, some with unstable viewers with death threats, that a ticket should not be the answer, or a streamer aka AN INFLUENCER says some off the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a "Head Mod" role, So if a normal mod made a mistake, the Head mod can take care of it without the broadcaster stopping what their doing to stop what the normal mod did. You might think, "What Happens if the head mod does something bad" Well, the mod should be a very very trusted friend of the broadcaster, and from there, if the head mod Still does something bad, then the broadcaster does something about that, but there should be only 1 or 2 head mods. So the head mods can trade out service times, or just have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I know Twitch CEO went over this at Twitch-con San Diego 2019 with some good pluses towards this better chance. I have no idea when that will be implemented into today's Twitch Moderation, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

But anyways, some things he did not mention was these ideas and should add-on or I would recommend a complete overhaul on the enforcement.

• We should be able to see in our own dashboards of previous infractions that are on the account and not removed due to being expired or mistakened suspensions. We, as live streamers, or even users (non-live…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add a Follow button to the viewer card in chat. Specifically the class "tw-bottom-0 viewer-card_actions". For non-techs, the Viewer Card is the pop-up that happens when you click someone's name in chat.

A good amount of streamers like to shout out people in their chat who also stream, or based on a chat discussion, you may want to follow someone who is participating in chat. It's a poor choice of design flow that a button exists to "Add Friend" but not to Follow them. It would be much easier to have a button right there in the Viewer Card…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I wanted suggestion that Streamers would be able remove a follower and set it the way he could not follow you again with a time limit or permanently. last year I contacted the staff about follower who refuse to unfollow even he hated me and always came back spy and lose my followers with false facts he never got anything of it. So I wanted to suggest this if anyone has similar situations, to get ability just simply remove the follower yourself and able control if you can follow you again.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I was indefinitely banned almost 18+ months ago and followed the appropriate appeal steps and was never given a decision or explanation for why I was banned. Is Twitch ever going to address their moderation, banning procedure or appeals process?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suspension Appeal Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be fantastic to get some additional controls for the Unban Request system including:
    -Timeouts (x submissions in x time - to override the 1 max by the system)
    -Minimum ban time to submit ban appeal (if we just banned them we should be able to avoid them submitting a request a minute later - they'll use their one unban request up by doing this)
    -Enable/Disable
    -Ability to add notes/instructions for users

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Or an option to disable friend requests from people you don't follow or who don't follow you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. First of all, y’all ban hard working streamers for accidentally opening a page on there stream that they have no control of what is gonna pop up. While y’all have this female streamer being almost fully nude on stream while there is little kids watching, and they get away with almost anything. But as soon as some hard working male streamers accidentally open a link against tos y’all ban them and don’t even send them a email of there suspension? Please make this make sense cause I’m speechless. I have no word to describe how disappointed I am with twitch.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?