There was an error during translation

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be great to have the ability as a Mod to disable spending channel points during a specific situation. I have been noticing in the Role Play community that when alot of hate comes into the channel and we go into sub mode only. The haters will wait until they have enough points to post a message in sub mode just to throw Salt or the spam some of the cheaper options to distract the streamer. I know that there is emote only mode but that also feels like a punishment for the subscribers that are not doing anything…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There are some users that I have dealt with in the past that purposefully mis-identify trans/non-binary individuals and streamers. How will Twitch trust and safety board manage these users? Purposeful mis-identification is very hurtful, especially after being told the correct identity, and they outright are ignorant to it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding an option to disable /me (or .me) in mod view/by a streamer would mean one less thing that the mods have to look for while modding in the many channels where it is not allowed.
    Perhaps with this option enabled, the message where chatters try to use /me would simply stay as normal text, however being automatically deleted would work as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow the streamer to place a browser window for on screen silent ad's in the place of mid rolls.

(example of this already working was Loots on screen ad's)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There are so many people inappropriately dress on stream just to get views. It's not ok. This needs to be banned.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow channel editors to manage the rules for the broadcaster that appears when you first enter the chat, this will allow chat rules to be up-to-date and easily edited and accessed by moderators and trusted people in a broadcasters stream.

For example, if there's a streamer who's really popular and doesn't have the time to check in on his chat settings ever so often. The editors of the channel can manage the chat rules, and edit them instead of having to contact the broadcaster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to shadowban users where they are able to type in chat and see their message, but their message is not seen by anyone else but them.

This will help substantially in reducing cases of ban evading as shadowbanned users usually don’t realize they are banned (if they don’t look into it more, especially in larger channels) and at the same time it will not affect the streamer’s chat

Can be an ip shadowban across accounts. This would be such a helpful feature in preventing constant toxicity.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages

• Consistent messaging for my channel

• Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a "Testing Mode" for those given mod permissions on a channel.
    Currently, only admin/channel creators can manage emotes, channel points, alert gifs, etc. but many times, someone else creates custom gifs and images for the creators. It would be very useful if mods could activate a "testing mode" that allows them to manage emotes and other channel images (avatar, banner, channel icons, etc.) unofficially (doesn't save, but can see how the channel will look with the new images.) This would be useful because it would make artists jobs easier if they need to test the pixels sizes and resolution…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If a user submits an unban request and a moderator makes a comment this information is not stored in their user card. The content of their unban request should appear in their chat history in some capacity, and the moderator's response to the unban should appear in the "Mod Comments" section. Record keeping and communication between mods and streamers is crucial to the safety of a channel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Editors are an important part of a content creator's team. Mods with an editor role should be able to see one another's stream markers when highlighting VODs. Editing and moderating is a team effort and this would greatly facilitate our ability to work together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I think the title says enough, we can all think for ourselves.

We have a right to expression as we have a right to be offended. Please don't destroy this great platform of personal expression by buying into false logic.

The effort put into encouraging individuals to choose to dismiss certain viewpoints is far more realistic and beneficial than preventing it from being manifested.

The majority of "unsavory" content expressed on your platform is done ironically: to take this too seriously and censor it is an insult to the people that make your platform real and viable.

I understand the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How will Twitch be applying their new guidelines on other forms of social media like twitter, facebook, or discord; if at all?

Are there going to be repercussions for partners doing something that violates these new guidelines on their publicly linked social accounts?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?