Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1124 results found

1. When choosing what game you're about to stream on Twitch, it would be easy if Twitch could start keeping track of or have a record of which (major) games will copy strike their in-game music or sounds. Having to accept a checkbox stating 'this game does not allow streaming of its in-game music' would really be beneficial and stop hundreds of strikes from happening in the first place.
    If streamers knew before hand and had to accept immediately-muted VODs for those games, it would probably save a lot of time on everyone's end.
    If you accept the box, your VOD…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Do what Google does to protect Youtube instead of bending over and giving up your content creators to bots or overzealous music producers. Until you do I'm just going to watch Youtube streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Plug-in that pops up on stream window with what song is being played and where it can be purchased.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello Twitch,

Over the past year I have seen a number of people popping up who making claims of been representatives and/or advocates of protected groups (to be more precise people with disabilities), on major platforms such as Youtube, Twitter and Twitch. What disturbs me about this is lack of professionalism some of these people exhibit, I hope you do understand that a lot of people do want to private, discrete and above all be treated with respect when it comes to their disability. It does disturb me when I see certain partnered Twitch streamers use other disabled people's conditions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How about giving us a Creator Camp about how to LEGALY play Pop Music,
    dont Start with Monstercat, Streambeats, Pretzel or Soundtrack,
    they have "music" but most of us Speak about Popular Music,
    Katy Perry, Michael Jackson, Korn, and so on, you Know Music that plays in the Radio, most of us aren't intersted in "just random" background music.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be a win-win situation for everyone involved if we could buy the music we listen to in streams directly on Amazon. Why can't you just display a buy button for music played on Twitch?

If I listen to something on Twitch, I can't buy it because I don't know the name of the track and the artist and in the chat questions often get lost. You hardly get any information on video requests anyway.

I buy more and more music on Amazon. Amazon now has a large selection of even very small labels. I don't understand why Twitch…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. What is the directive for game ost? I had some of my VoD muted because of the game ost I was playing.

I can undestand when it is a third party song, but a voiceless game soundtrack?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Herkese merhabalar , sonunda beni de çıldırttınız.. Dünyanın en sakin insanlarından birisiyimdir ancak bir ses sorunumu çözemediniz. VODSlarımda oyuniçi sesi yok .. müzik yok vs.. Sadece mikrofon sesi çalışıyor. Ancak canlı yayındayken herşey çalışıyor anlamıyorum nedeen..

Yardım eden de yok başıboşladınız iyice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Request that streamers confirm they have read their DMCA strike notification emails. Streamer's inboxes, right? Too many instances of that first notification being missed (and the next two can come in super-quick succession). If they don't reply, spam them or ping them when they access the platform - it's in their interests!

Yes, it's up to streamers to read important emails from Twitch but at its best, technology can help us live better lives.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The idea is simple, a place where artists who own their material and copyright can submit their music into a catalogue. This will give streamers safe music to use, while potentially giving exposer to new and otherwise undiscovered artists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the issue of DMCA being a bigger issue now than it was years ago, content creators on Twitch are getting more up in arms about how Twitch is handling the entire situation. There are several ways that Twitch could have handled the massive batch DMCA claims they have gotten, but there is no way of going back and fixing that now, so here are some steps Twitch can currently implement to better handle incoming and currently outstanding DMCA claims.

When a DMCA claim is made, the content creator should get an email with which highlight, VoD, or clip was…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we have an API to pro-actively check music against the detection algorithm to know ahead of time if we should use it or not? I feel pretty blind when it comes to playing custom tracks for Beat Saber for example. If I could pre-screen the music through the algorithm first, that could be handy. Allowing me to sort it into "streamable" and "non-streamable".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch should hire/contract out some of their own content creators to develop music and sounds that are twitch owned so people can pull from those resources without penalty. This way you provide raw resources for old and newcomer streamer's content, while giving back to the community with work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow musicians who would like their music used on Twitch streams to post their links to a central forum on Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, it is hopelessly impractical for streamers to do what they do best, entertain with back ground music filling the silence between moments when they game or interact, while the danger of blanket copyright strikes resulting in forced stream and VOD censoring exists. If twitch wants this to work effectively, they have to fight for it. This could mean hiring legal experts, and/or lobbyists to work to implement something similar to the Fair Use Act under US law in the long term, but in the mean time I've prepared a suggestion or two that should help the situation if implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have not got a strike on me, but I did have vods automatically muted by using NCS playlists. Though, in the email sent today, referencing your BLOG, you indicate this is a safe source, which it is. So why does it get muted?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. some of us are already bound by licensing agreements under entities such as the Canadian org. SOCAN

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a portal on the dashboard where a creator can apply for Sync Licenses. Work with the creator, not against them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Did I stutter, your current system is NOT viable, nor does it keep you, or your creators safe.

stop screwing with people's lives, and do this right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I was wondering if the policy of parody lyrics could be clarified. Most of your policy says as long as a good attempt is made to match the lyrics.

However some comedy channels might want to use parody lyrics improvising a parody acapella on the spot.

we're not using a recording of the song but we are singing in the cadence and notage of the copyrighted song but we're singing alternate lyrics.

Like for example I noted that the Billy Ocean song Love Zone happened to come out at the same time that we discovered The warp zone in Super…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?