Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1134 results found

1. If I listen to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture on my stream, it will be flagged as a copyright violation due to there being some copyrighted performances of it. (And yes, there are plenty of non-copyrighted performances available on the internet, which are 100% legal to use in this way.) Appealing that the copyrighted work does not appear in my video is a very slow process, leaving my VOD muted for most of its lifetime. And then if I use the exact same piece of music again in the future, it's going to be muted again, by the same faulty copyright bot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recently I was botted with 4.4k bots following my account. Now, I have a new idea to have a follower cap set by the creator, or a setting to require the creator or a moderator to allow you to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As shown in this image

https://imgur.com/a/wpcMohm

Twitch is not word wrapping the message a moderator leaves for the viewer correctly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,

I propose a way to allow nature streamers affiliate if they have good viewership during the day / night hours when their streams are more active.

As a new creator I have a hard time reaching the required average viewers. My stream is of my fish tank, which I stream 24/7. The problem is that during the day when the lights come on is when I get viewers, at night you can not see much and then I loose viewers. However, both count towards my average viewership.

I have a feeling this affects many nature / animal streams and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am certain that we have all reported a user on Twitch before, as I have since making my account in early 2017. However, recently, after reporting a user, I received an email saying "We've actioned on your report" in regards to a report that I submitted previously.

There was very little present in that email. It simply told me that my safety report was reviewed and staff determined that a violation of the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines had occurred, and proper enforcement action has been taken. That is it. That is all that was included in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think we need some more options to find a more accurate statement about what we are reporting a stream or a VOD for.

The last two times I reported someone, I couldn’t find an option for either something along the lines of ”inappropriate material” or ”harassing other users” which I honestly feel are quite normal things one could report another for.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TWITCH SHOULD BE REACHING OUT TO ARTISTS AND GETTING APPROVAL FOR ENTIRE PLATFORM!!! Many many many artists would love to be able to have their music played on as many streams as possible. After all, it's FREE MARKETING!! Twitch should work with these labels who own the rights to make these decisions over the artist, and bring music back to streams. Artists get free marketing, labels make more off of that as ewell as the artists, and viewers and streamers alike get a much more enjoyable product that can also lead them to music they love that they might've never…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While I recognize that there are already guidelines against harmful/illegal uses of substances on camera, I have come across multiple channels whereas this is exactly what was going on. While I do not make it a job to report each channel I come across that does this, I have recently reported one, solely because there was a **** that was purposely laced on camera. The channel points were titled "joints", the stream time was "wake and bake" and she was clearly getting high on stream (that was not even set to "mature", so any minor could easily jump onto this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When a song gets muted from a VOD, make it show the song name of which it detected and then muted.

Sometimes you hear a song and wanna get the name of it, but then you can't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So me and my friend have been wanting to play together on stream but she is an adult and I am a minor so due to you guidelines we have not been able to could this please be changed abit like you have to be over thirteen or something for it to be allowed because if you can watch it what is the difference. There really is not one so you contradict you own rules when you allow minors to watch someone curse but then when you go to play with them they get in trouble it just make no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Because of this clip thing and the strike when you hear music in the clip copyright, I had the idea that you as a streamer can restrict the clip function or deactivate it immediately and reactivate it if you want

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am korean student and I like Twitch.
    I can't see streamers go to other platforms.
    Music is essential for streamers. Streamers who cannot play songs because of copyrights go to other platforms. Buy Korea Song Copyright

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow streamers to set a default VOD description which would be automatically added to any new VODs created. It might include things such as credits for creative commons content they use, etc. so they can avoid DMCA strikes twitch seems intent on holding us responsible for and include stuff like their social links and other info.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why don't you mix the 'Watch Parties' service and Amazon Prime Music together?

It's a service in Twitch in joint with Amazon Prime Music
    so that the Creator could play a music and the only way the viewers can
    listen to the music is by registering through their own Amazon Prime account.

I'm going to call this 'Tune Parties'.

For people that just listen to music during stream, the streamer plays music on the
    'Tune Parties', and viewers have a option to hop in just like the current 'Watch Parties' service.

However, in case of streams of music creators who…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When will you stop banning for nonsense? enough already. They should improve the rules because nowadays everyone who watches twitch will have seen someone naked, either in person or on internet pages, and that you can get PERMANENTLY banned for teaching nudes WITHOUT WANTING AND BECAUSE OF OTHER PEOPLE, The streamer has to pay for it, it is very unpleasant that they ban for such nonsense and then they leave people who do more things and not even ban them. This tweet more or less describes my message. WAKE UP. https://twitter.com/thebalde/status/1319307517638397952

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. to protect your content creators from the dmca vultures, you should make all vods and clips muted by default pending review and the channel creator could manually un-mute after they have reviewed the content for any potential dmca audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ToS says that you can't endanger yourself or break the law or consume illicit drugs, as marijuana has become legal in many states and legal medically in many more it seems obvious that accounts promoting safe consumption, creation, and general education about marijuana should be allowed and appreciated as opposed to banned as if they were promoting illegal behavior. There is a lot of this content on youtube already and it could exist here on twitch in a live format that would allow people to ask questions and actually get a response in real time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I know y'all email updates to Community Guidelines, but please run PSA's via Ads, to make sure all users know when these are updated. It's simple and on your end you will be able to know what % of users got the PSA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is a strong contingency of mods or folks that work in community development and support that would be willing to help make this process faster and more streamlined. Whether it's part-time work, pay by report, or even a volunteer position to start, you have the ability to keep that human feel Emmett was so passionate about, give the community a chance to directly enhance the platform they enjoy, and help you in the long run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?