Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. Under the new harassment policies being implemented in January, Twitch has effectively identified foreign nationals who have migrated to another country (e.g., to the United States) as a protected group (the term "immigration status" is invoked as an example of what constitutes a protected class). The policy later states that saying "[protected group] should not be allowed to vote" constitutes "[a call] for subjugation, segregation or exclusion." It seems to me that this policy entails that anyone who advocates enforcing the voting requirements of probably every single nation on earth (i.e., every nation prohibits non-citizens from voting) is guilty of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There has to be a better way to get unmuted from copyright free audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I reported many troll / abuser / Guide breaker account via the reporting system with logs, but till now, none were banned from Twitch! Can you please work faster and make better the community with real bans?

It is not too hard probably to collect the information, and do a ban.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. While setting up blocked terms and phrases I accidentally didn't set the term to private. When I went back to correct this the private terms were still sitting in my "Mod Action" panel. I assumed it would work retroactively, but it didn't and it needs to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Im a moderator in a channel called "ameliavii" it says we have 2 unban request but there is only 1 request i think we unbanned a user via unban command not in the unban requests while the users request still in progress and that caused a visual bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow creators to play music on stream even if not created by the user or having rights to it but are required to keep it a very low volume. I feel removing the ability for streamer to have background music of their, or viewers choice is taking away the personality of the streamer. For me the music I listen to describes the person I am the mood I am feeling and an over all setting for new and old viewers.I just don't want to have to play a game and not listen to my favorite songs as I hang out…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Correct me if I'm wrong but cant you just force users to input the song they are listening to on the dashboard (if in twitch music database) this could be aided by a 3rd party application

then have twitch pay the appropriate music producers on a viewer basis (based on percentage to twitch percentage to label) (this could also be brokered if they wanted a top tier musician)

Music producers could run websites like tunecore to distribute their music on the platform

I don't believe all music on twitch must be royalty free

another idea i had is to make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What to do to avoid a strike if a music author gave me permisison to listen to his/her musical production while streaming on twitch ? Of course I mean permission with proof like message screenshots etc. and no money involved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. me han silenciado un video por erechos de autor de una cancion que sonaba en soundtrack by twitch. o yo no he entendido bien el funcionamiento de soundtrack by twitch, creo que son canciones libres de derechos de autor, o no es clara la politica , no puedo escuchar el tema para verificar si es o no la cancion que pone que he reproducido mientras hacía el directo porque esta silenciada, pero entodocaso, lo que sonaba era soundtrack by twitch en emisora metal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Creators who pay for music streaming services like spotify, pandora, apple music ect. should be allowed to play music from those platforms on stream. They pay to use a service that allows them to listen to music uninterrupted, and artists and labels get paid for the streams played. It makes sense. Partnering with a music streaming service could be beneficial for twitch as well. Limiting creator's choices in the content they're allowed to use, and punishing them for something they may already pay for isn't right. Please excuse me if i seem ignorant. but it doesn't make sense to me.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. on 20201020 today I used Twitch soundtrack and got a copyright strike , how can that be?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hey so I have had a few copyright strikes before but since I change what playlist I use frequently, I don't know what songs are the issues. I don't want to keep breaking the copyright rules but how can I know what songs break the rules if the sound is muted? I think it would be super helpful to say what song is copyrighted so that way I can stop futher strikes from happening by not playing those songs anymore ^-^

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sería una buena herramienta para que los DJS o artistas pudiesen hacer directos con musica sin ser baneados. Ya que por la pandemia hay muchos artistas que no pueden trabajar. Twitch me parece la herramienta perfecta para todos esos artistas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It seems that the motivation behind the RIAA et al. sending these notices is that they think people are going to watch these streams to listen to music, instead of buying it or listening to it on existing music streaming services. Which is obviously silly, but it made me think that linking back to the official license holder's store or a way to purchase/listen to their music as it comes up in a stream may pacify them. So people who take this option when streaming would be allowed to play music as long as links came automatically in chat, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate in-game audio, streamer voice, and music into different audio channels. Viewers that link their music service (as long as they have an active subscription) of choice to their Twitch account can have access to listen to the streamer's music audio channel. Those without a verified link to a music streaming service they subscribe to would be limited to only in-game audio, streamer voice, and copyright free music. You could use it to promote Amazon Music, and also partner with other music streaming services.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. https://thetrichordist.com/2019/10/19/music-reports-inc-is-tiktoks-copyright-infringement-dmca-agent/

“ Finally I would like MRI explain to its songwriters and publishers, why it is helping TikTok intimidate songwriters and publishers into NOT filing a DMCA notice. It’s right on the TikTok website. TikTok basically says they will doxx songwriters and publishers if you file a copyright complaint. And where will they get those complaints? From MRI.”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. if twitch had tools to promote the music on stream with links to the music well that would be better. Games that have copyright music in it could be listed on the twitch platform & the streamer could use the game tag so all the songs from the game is listed on the stream to buy.

with the case of the music getting pirated well artist and music companies ect will still at least get some of the revenue and the streamer could promote it more in their stream, the bigger the streamer, the more it sells. no need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If Twitch won't filter (or ban) usernames containing personal information, perhaps streamers could blacklist names containing certain words/#s/etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I’ve tried to triple check my clarity. Can I get in trouble for singing a copyrighted song if I use nothing like the music, original voice, etc? Just musicless karaoke style?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?