Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1350 results found

1. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Banned streamers for lurking and trying to pick up date during live stream. Safety precaution for young ladies streamers whom older men viewers flirting and speaking to them awkwardly during live stream. Stream should be cut off or turn off. Both streamer and viewer should be questioned. Also ban temporarily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some users create problems within communities of streamers that don't warrant a permanent ban from the platform but cause recurring issues.

For example, I have a group of other streamer that I am friends with and our communities often intermingle. A user has been prevelant in all of our channels, walking the tight rope of bannable offenses. While we have used discord to keep in contact with our mods collectively, it still segments the information into a small group.

It would be amazing to have a way for content creators and moderators to raise red flags across all content creators.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save mod settings to our account instead of using cookies so we may clean our browsers history daily for security proposes with out having to rearrange mod view every time we visit a channel we mod or daily per channel in this case. Thx.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As a music business student and variety/music streamer who's come across people who play unlicensed music on Twitch, I find this topic intriguing. It seems there are many people in the world who don’t understand the intricacies of copyright and if there was something we could do to better explain this to the public, that may help with reducing copyright strikes. Indeed, I often have users come in who are constantly pressuring me to play background music to make the stream more entertaining, but as a Mac user, my options are limited so I prefer to do without.

I personally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've seen streamers getting strikes on VERY old VODs, but they can't access them to cut any strikeable parts. If you won't make deals or revenue splits, or anything else that would protect your only income, at least make it possible for people to protect themselves on old VODs with problematic music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. gente sei que pode ter essa burocracia de não deixar colocar musicas, mas todos ficaria mais livres para fazer suas stream e chamar mais pessoas para assistir, se permitir colocar musicas, assim mesmo por que se o cantor faz uma musica as pessoas compra suas musicas ele não tem direito de reclamar de alguém colocar suas canções em uma stream de jogos eu mesmo adoraria fazer colocando alternativa rock em minhas stream o que a twitch pensaria a respeito disso chamaria mais pessoas por que as vezes só assistir não é bastante ninguém tem sempre 100% de conteúdo ou conversa…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why wouldn't Twitch and it's creators create a Music or More than one Music Stations that All creator can use as back ground music for them to use.
    Those that aren't DMCA protected. That way, us Creators, can have a sound of mind list of music that we CAN use instead of always watching what we play on our video's?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Klip alma ayarlarındaki, klipleri etkinleştir seçeneğinde "Canlı veya geçmiş yayınlarınızdan klip oluşturulmasına izin verin." yerine, canlı yayınlar için ayrı geçmiş yayınlar için ayrı etkinleştirme seçeneği olur ise yayıncı canlı yayınlardan klip oluşturulmasını kapatır ve yayın esnasında oluşturulan kliplerdeki DMCA sorunu ortadan kalkar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a history of reports and violations in the dashboard! I think this is a good idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ich bin Moderator in einigen Streams und mir ist es leider schon oft passiert, dass wenn ich eine Nachricht löschen oder den User timeouten wollte, genau in dem Moment der Chat eine weitere Zeile nach oben rutscht und ich den falschen User erwische und ich diesen zu unrecht bestrafe.
    Wie wäre es wenn man als Moderator über den chat hovered, und der Chat dann stoppt/freezed damit das Problem nicht mehr auftaucht.

Ich hoffe ich konnte meine Idee gut erklären und würde mich freuen wenn sie eines tages umgesetzt wird.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I only use your player to "listen to music with the assurance that I will not skip the DMCA" and see this:

Twitch Sound Track Music:
    RL Grime featuring Jeremih and Tory Lanez

Vídeo DMCA (Strike + Muted):
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1022547948

Why? Check out the "Artists" who don't sell their Tracks to Record Labels and we'll take these upsets by surprise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I’ve been harassed and spammed my chat and I over and over and over again, to the point where I had to disban my stream, it’s very heartbreaking, this account @oldfriendegyptianwassup went on to spam my chat numerous times with different accounts, I’ve banned all of them and he comes back roughly every two minutes telling me to stop streaming the game is dead the game is dead, so here I am trying to seek help and support on this case, thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Your algorithm intended to mute 3 songs in the stream, but muted 20 minutes of the stream which included sections of the stream when those songs were NOT being played.

The flag also listed the song as 3:30+ seconds when only 0:30 seconds of the song was played.

You need to add a section under "Appeal Muted Audio" to state "portions of the playback were muted in error" and "DO NOT contain the songs listed in the flag report."

Also, you should allow users to download this audio without muting since it will not be streamed on your site.

You…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Given the terms of service defines driving streams as Self Harm and Injury due to distracted driving, I would want a stipulation added that the streaming device being it a phone or tablet must feature the back of the Driver's head to be evident that the Driver is not a distracted driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So I will break this into 3 parts. What it is, How it will work, and why I think it's needed. (first and 3rd part may overlap.)

My idea is to create a Channel Admin role for content creators at the affiliate and partner level. This role would have a golden sword (opposed to the green sword that regular moderators have) and would be able to remove/add people from moderator for the respective channel they are a channel admin for.

How this will work: Starting first, how it will be set up (in my head.) All affiliates are allowed 1…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have come to understand that for streamers trying to avoid giving away too much information about themselves, they will get a PO Box 30-45 minutes away from their homes. Since twitch is in the Amazon family, it seems like there could be a service streamer could pay for to have mail go to a generic location in the basic region (could correspond to Amazon shipping locations) and then they could get items from user delivered with Amazon packages. That would allow the content creators to receive items in a safer way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?