Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Amazon, which owns Twitch, has their own music service. IIRC there is also an extension that allows Amazon Prime Members to share their currently playing Amazon Music lists with other Amazon Prime members. What would the feasibility of allowing Amazon Music Prime members to share their currently playing lists with everyone like the Watch Parties?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I currently share the Gospel message on twitch through gaming in Fortnite. I've been banned TWICE for "harrasment" If I have concent from the other party to talk about the Bible or my religion, why is it considered "harrassment". Also, how do you plan on addressing the persecution Christians face on your platform, for holding a belief that is contrary to the LGBTQ community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The games I stream (Fallout 4/Fallout 76) have in-game radio stations, and these seem to be getting flagged; I imagine Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto would face the same problem. Can we have some clarification on how music that comes in a game is being handled? I don't have external music in any of my streams (unless I'm singing along with the in-game radio).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How about making a tool where we're able to link a music streaming platform (Pandora, spotify, SoundCloud) to our twitch.

Maybe you guys can find a license agreement where by having a paid account with the music platform and linking the two, we might be allowed to play music on stream. Maybe with a volume limit.

Perhaps a tool where we can play music from that does not get recorded on the VOD or clips. Kinda like a 2 track system where 1 is left out of the final mix.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Instead of striking users or scrubbing content, develop an algorithm with the aid of spotify/youtube/apple music etc that generates plays that work in conjunction with music heard on a stream. That way users can play game like GTA without worrying about being taken down for DMCA, while music streaming sites generate income for the music artists. Everybody wins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I believe the use of copyrighted music / sounds / audio, may be used IF the streamer signs a waiver to negate ALL reception of donations, bits, and subscriptions (any and all monetary transactions to the streamer) during the streaming session, while that specific session is being used at that time with music, sounds, and/or audio that falls under copyright.

For Example: I want to stream BURNOUT 3 on the Playstation 2, but it has music on there that is originally part of the game. Normally it would be either muted or other action would take place against the streamer,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In your email you state

"For your stream archives (VODs and Clips), right now your only options, if you think they contain unauthorized music, is to either go through them one by one, or, for Clips, use the “delete all” tool we’ve provided."

This is utter ********.

When a streamer is alleged to have violated anything, that allegation should clearly refer to the video that violates, along with timestamps of the time ranges that violate.

Then, the infringing content can be taken down if it is deemed to violate DMCA.

You cannot expect that a streamer should pre-emptively go one…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mod command to introduce a deliberate EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY into the live m3u playlist and remove the last eg five minutes from a live VOD from public view. Saves having to delete entire VOD if something goes wrong - particularly for IRL outdoor streamers who have much less control over their environment!

Minutes as an optional parameter with 5m default? Command privs for streamer, mods and video producers?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If we're going to get muted sections due to copyrighted music, at least allow us to upload a revised audio clip for the muted segment. Give the streamer the opportunity to, for example, upload a voiceover to convey what the viewer is missing in the muted section, narrating the gameplay, etc. This revised segment can go through an approval process with Twitch to ensure the voiceover doesn't further violate copyright if need be.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice if you could look into this as I don't want to DMCA'd when I'm following the rules!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Modded and hacked games should be banned. Original license games should be shown only Twitch. So the viewers won't be confused.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. From what I've heard people have been getting host-botted. High amount of hosts from bots at one time, to where the streamer can't go live.
    Hosting/raiding is a big part of this community, and I think if this is happening then we could really use people looking into how to prevent it.
    Thanks,
    Rivvr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello. Last night we were streaming and someone send us 1000 bot at least. We don't want to have them follow us so what can we do? Thank you for your time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some Streamer are using ilnessess to get money from viewers and most of them doesn't prove if they have the ilness or not and they are burning the people that has the ilness not only in Twitch but IRL too. They says for it users to give some excuses that are funny and the better is that he doesn't show the medical documention because his parents are cousin and he is afraid to lose his viewer and lose his money.

The point is. When the Streamer are using Twitch to stream his games, stuff... befre he start do it he…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paying for music license so then copyright is not infringed allows users to be able to livestream and clip videos without being copyright claimed and potentially loosing their place on the platform. During these times twitch and other streaming sites are a life line to musicians

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For quite a while now, I have seen too many people smoking/vaping publicly on Twitch.
    I have to keep adding them to the "Not interested section as it's REALLY uncomfortable. I have a friend who smokes, but whenever my friend does, he ALWAYS turns of his camera.
    People who watch those streams could end up smoking/vaping too from following the streamers footsteps. I mean, children at the age of 13 could be watching them and get the wrong ideas. Please change it so it is more balanced and safer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Under the new harassment policies being implemented in January, Twitch has effectively identified foreign nationals who have migrated to another country (e.g., to the United States) as a protected group (the term "immigration status" is invoked as an example of what constitutes a protected class). The policy later states that saying "[protected group] should not be allowed to vote" constitutes "[a call] for subjugation, segregation or exclusion." It seems to me that this policy entails that anyone who advocates enforcing the voting requirements of probably every single nation on earth (i.e., every nation prohibits non-citizens from voting) is guilty of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There has to be a better way to get unmuted from copyright free audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I reported many troll / abuser / Guide breaker account via the reporting system with logs, but till now, none were banned from Twitch! Can you please work faster and make better the community with real bans?

It is not too hard probably to collect the information, and do a ban.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?