Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. A notification on the dashboard when we get a DMCA, in case the email gets caught in a filter, goes to an old account, or doesn't reach us for some other reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. DMCA safe music options are all well and good, but is Twitch seeking any partnerships with Amazon Music, Spotify or similar services to offer streamers a way to use popular music while streaming? I know that I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable fee and run a bot that announced the song that is playing to provide a convenient link back to where my audience could purchase the track from the rights holder. There's money to be made here, and satisfaction to be had by viewers. Not to mention exposure for artists and rights holders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There needs t be some kind of leniency for people who receive DMCA strikes due to in-game music. We should not be forced to play games without music due to an overreaching rule by the greedy music companies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch needs an algorithm similar to tiktok or YouTube to reccomend creators to viewers based on analytics. To improve visibility and exposure for new content creators. Also we need an appeal process for dmca and other reportable offenses such as offensive and racially insensitive languages. Its not uncommon for other player in game to use such language or have loud music coming in through their microphones. Conduct not originating from the creator should not be grounds for community guidlines violations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. we as creators should be able to appeal or submit a ticket to keep our VODS up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Are there any leniency or fair use protection against dmca for IRL streamers if music plays in the background. Can they counter claim the dmca? What are best practices for dealing with music in public.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. my vods are being silenced for no apparent reason, at such a rate im overwhelmed and have no interest in appealing each false claim. and with all these updated DMCA measures i can only imagine this is getting worse. i have no "idea" to fix this. because twitch is obviously protecting themselves and theyre in no way incentivized to protect me, nor make this easy for me. so im left to grind out a number of random appeals a week or just stop using the platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. you should make a list of non copyrighted music we can use in our streams and start buying copyrighted music that is frequently used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A hot issue recently has been several Twitch streamers being DMCA struck for music they play while streaming.

I propose making a Twitch extension that would allow streamers to play their music of choise using Amazon Music and for the viewers who have an Amazon Music subscription to be able to link it to Twitch and use it to listen to what is being played, somewhat similarly to Watch Parties.

I believe this will both help solve the issue of streamers getting DMCA struck for playing copyrighted songs and encourage viewers to use the Amazon Music service.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was watching project nightfall’s video on IG about women who get harassed while doing a livestream. It reminded me of how a number of times I watch such incidences and most of the time the streamers are left speechless and unsure of how to act. From the various incidents recorded, I noticed a couple of patterns which occurred and thought to take advantage of them:
    a) The culprits faces were visible for at least 10 seconds.
    b) There were people around using their devices. What are the odds they are subscribed to twitch or another social media platform?

Inspired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pretty simple actually. With the new Steam policies about getting more NSFW games and more Illusion Games SFW versions in the same platform, i'm sure that list is pretty outdated and needs more games getting banned. (Koikatsu: Party is SFW if you don't include a specific patch from the official game to be NSFW).
    And not more sexually, high gruesome or extreme violence should be there too, Hatred is the best example nowadays and isn't include in the list. Postal 2 isn't neccesary for being more ironic & sartastic rather than polemic because yes.
    Games being bad and only popular…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I constantly get muted audio although I own a license for streaming those songs.
    When I appeal the muted audio it seems like nobody ever cares and unmutes it. And there's even no chance to upload a license to proof that I am allowed to play those songs in public.

Please Twitch, please finally fix this!
    1. Add an "Upload license buttton"
    2. Unmute muted audio when proven that the license is valid!

Especially with the current DMCA takedown situation in mind I truly believe more people would be willing to pay for licensed music to play if it wouldn't…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. just do research first before u decide its copyright material

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need twitch to support this idea. I'm new and my most recent chat who chatted about suicide. I don't know how to get them the help they need. I'm not comfortable with the topic. We need ads or something like this to point out help. Not just for Americans but world wide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Kanalımıza bir kaç gündür yayın esnasında istenmeyen botlar tarafından takip edilip yayın ortasında sabote ediliyor ve bizi banlattırmaya çalışıyorlar. Lütfen gerekeninin yapılmasını istiyoruz destekleriniz için teşekkür ederiz .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If I pay to watch vods, then I want to be able to hear the audio. Please lighten up this ridiculous copyright stuff. It is honestly totally absurd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You are experiencing a backlash regarding your nonsensical attire rules because you are so out of touch. Drop them, modern platforms must be the bastions of free expression and not support outrageous suppression of expression.

The only restriction necessary to comply with general law is that no one under the age of 18 is allowed to expose themselves in a ****** manner. You might try to restrict content to underage users but frankly, those users interested in such content will get it and it will not appeal to those not interested. Those interested in such content are merely expressing their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is playing a live youtube feed directly via youtube or with a "bot" in "Discord" considered as pre-recorded/copyright as well? Or using in-game music, because you did pay for the game and all it's content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I occasionally see streamers who promote therapy or claim to have mental health issues, when they really are not qualified to be involving themselves in such matters. Even worse are the situations where it's clear (or it cannot really be verified) that a streamer is claiming to have a problem, just so they can solicit for subs/donations/boost their social media presence.

I think the topic of mental health is just too personal and risky for someone with no background in treating mental illness (or appears to be pan-handling) to be discussing on their channel. I think beyond telling a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?