Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since there is really no appeal system to the enforcement process for certain offenses it would seem only fair for there to be some sort of warning system in place for when the system detects an offense. An enforcement system with no warnings and no appeals seems contrary to the best interests of both streamers and Twitch. There is no system to detect infractions that is infallible, and in this case, when an error is made Twitch loses not only a streamer, but the revenue that streamer generated.
    An offense that warrants a permanent ban should be taken seriously both…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Apply the principle of presumption of innocence, as every respectable legal system does. Why, after a copyright claim, do you immediately take down videos or parts of the content or even ban the streames, thus automatically siding with the claimant? Youtube and other services doing this does not make it in any way right. Consider first giving the streamers a reasonable period to defend themselves, and only following on any action after the streamer has been heard and did not make a compelling case for themselves. This will have the benefit of not making you look like so much of…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

1,803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Twitch responded

We’re happy to announce that we have released an additional update to address these concerns. Streamers can now prevent their banned users from watching their livestreams. You can find and turn on this feature in the Moderation settings section of the Creator Dashboard, through the “Stop banned users from viewing stream” toggle.

Please note, this update 1). does not prevent users from watching livestreams from an incognito window or while logged out and 2). does not prevent users from viewing VODs, clips or highlights. We plan to explore extending the functionality of bans further, including but not limited to preventing VOD and clip playback.

In addition, we’ve made an update so that users that are blocked will now automatically be blocked from watching a streamer’s livestreams.

We will leave this thread open for your other points regarding preventing view of other content types and account creation.

https://x.com/TwitchSupport/status/1712166618594259237?s=20

5. The problem: Blocking someone does two things:
    1. Makes them unable to interact with you in a poor manner (their messages won't show to you)
    2. Makes it so they CAN'T follow you and will be forced to unfollow (which doesn't make sense and you'll see why)

Now, how to fix it so it isn't garbage:
    1. Make it so permanent ban forces the person to unfollow instead and prevents them from joining hosts or raids that goes to whoever banned them.
    2. Instead of hiding chat messages from a blocked person, take the Discord approach (add a "this message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. During the current situation of the pandemic removing DJs from crucial entertainment venues, more DJs have turned to Twitch to help with their financial crisis while most clubs and bars are closed, as well as keeping their performing art fresh.

While DMCA is still putting a tight grip on recorded music on stream, and DJs are currently doing everything they can to prevent full tracks being played during their sets, will DJing on Twitch still become accessible during this time? Also, what is the policy for music mixed and cut up on the fly?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Underground sounds was setup in 2019 ahead of article 13 EU directive its a membership supplying DJs with copyright exckusic music I wonder if this would help twitch DJs??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My VODs keep getting muted for no reasone because, guess what? VOY QUE QUEMO IS NEVER IN ANY OF MY STREAMS! I've complained about this multiple times, but any appeals I put through get ignored and none of my e-mails ever get taken seriously when I tell people that my VODs will be deleted in 2 days and I submitted the appeal on the day itself. So either take this song from the list or drag Ricky and Mau to court for abuse, because this is a serious problem. The song getting muted is FREE TO USE and from Kevin…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I got this more than twice. First in Far cry 2, then in Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005, and now in Star Wars Battlefront II classic. I am wondering if music itself is not allowed here. Please be sure to inform users what games can use music and what games are NOT allowed to use music. Humble request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to report predictions that violate the Terms of Service, like you can already do with Polls.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the last year I have discovered on your platform an incresead number of streamers that push agendas or political views through their perfomances. Across time I enjoyed watching others playing and learned interesting things from your streamers but the above mentioned practices have been very tiring.
    But my main concern is about the impact of these atitudes on the younger(minor) audience which are very vulnerable, easy to manipulate and influenceable .
    I would appreciate if you would take into consideration this and a first measure I thought about would be to implement a tagging/flagging of the streamers that have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch should implement a watch along for YouTube for streamers like they do for amazon video. This way content creators can still react by having you watch the video alongside them. It would also give the original content creator the views it deserves. Win/Win for both parties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Music license companies put their videos on Youtube and make money through Youtube. They need to be watched in order to make money. There is no problem when everyone watched its videos individually but a streamer share their videos with crowd of people it is problem because this is loss of earning for them. My suggestion is that when the streamer share a music from Youtube, available number of streamer' spectator be reflected music views. In this way even if streamer does not have any right of broadcasting, music license companies lose anything also they make a profit with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be very good if a streamer could block Accounts that aren't older that 7 Days or something. My Streamer is getting annoyed by one Person with 1000 Accounts. If I ban one he can still chat with anotherone because of his VPN. This is a serious problem on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would suggest to go over your existing appeals for muted music.

Two of my videos are falsely muted for 15 months now. I've sent multiple e-mails to Twitch on every possible email I could of find, and every response is that it's not their department to deal with appeals.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi guys, I'm new here but i'm quite angry for what happened just now to a friend of mine. She started streaming a few months ago and she is giving her all to provide her little audience with a fun, polite and interactive experience. Despite her devotion to these principles, some users in 2020 still enjoy entering chats in group only to flame, spam racist stuff and other forms of hate. I get that in some ways you can manage your chat to prevent this stuff to happen but for small streamers it's kinda hard to manage on their own.…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Given the terms of service defines driving streams as Self Harm and Injury due to distracted driving, I would want a stipulation added that the streaming device being it a phone or tablet must feature the back of the Driver's head to be evident that the Driver is not a distracted driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is a trend for people to stream anime series which not only is illegal, since they don't own the content which has copyright, but this will hurt twitch content creators.

1. Most of these channels are using an illegal streaming website to stream the show on twitch.

2. If they are using a legal site (for example, Crunchyroll) they are breaking the law by double streaming their content here.

3. They are not creating their own content, hurting all hard-working streamers that actually put effort on twitch.

The problem is there is no easy way of making a report for this case.…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You need to implement a faster, more direct way which also allows for a better detailed description from the accused user as your drop down box doesnt cut it. Also how do your BOTS not know what tracks ARE royalty free, i am sick and tired of having my audio muted because of this and then never being unmuted. Given the fact i also pay for Premium, to make sure i get better quality tracks that are 100% DMCA approved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i think it not apropriate to show the nudity of body like many channels

2 votes