Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. The fact that copyright holders are sending DMCA strikes for people who are listening to music during their stream is absurd. It's commercially absurd. It's ethically absurd and its practically absurd.

First of all the behaviour by publishers is completely against their own interests and is completely ignorant of how people consume content on the internet. This isn't surprising given that these industries are essentially dominated by boomer dinosaurs who used to sell us CDs at 30 dollars a pop (30 dollars in the 90s).

Now we can access any song we want with a click of a button. Most…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was wondering why is DMCA still being used when the director of the game say that it is fine to stream the content along with the music that is being used. It still doesn't click at all? Example is Tales of Arise when it introduced the opening of the game. https://www.dualshockers.com/tales-of-arise-streaming-guidelines-will-be-supportive-of-content-creators/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is nothing currently in TOS that prevents anyone with a criminal record in casting - including people who have been convicted of race, hate or *** crimes. As a private company, Twitch could make the step to update TOS to prevent people who have been convicted of race, hate or *** crimes from casting - and make a DBS part of the onboarding process (a DBS is mandatory for teachers working with children, people in the care industry etc - why not on twitch when children can create an account from the age of 13?) . It wouldn't solve…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just like you created the new Category, "Pools, Hot tubs, and Beaches" because of the excessive demand, you also NEED to create a "Troll Jail" for all viewers who abuse, harass, or 'troll' your Twitch Streamers!
    The number of Trolls have become quite excessive, and simply 'banning' an abusive viewer from a single streamer, ONE, that banned viewer can still see and hear the streamer, TWO, that viewer can jump into another streamer, and continue his\her harassment!
    You need to create an algorithm that bans that viewer COMPLETELY FROM TWITCH! Perhaps create, along with your current "banned flag", a count…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hey guys,

I would love if there was a way we could ban/disable anonymous cheerer/gifter as a option for the streamers. I'm not a fan of the fact I have no control over this.

Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create a database of commonly struck games that links with Game library on the dashboard. Then have a warning that displays when a streamer changes category to a game that is commonly struck by the game's (or music creator's) rights holder(s) so a streamer is aware and ready to deal action AFTER or make plans before.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Streamers have been getting away with little to no punishment for things that aren't even allowed on this platform when others (male and female) streamers have been punished more severely for less. We need to make it fair for everyone no one should get special treatment no matter how big their streams or who they are.

Male, female, and all genders should be dealt with equally no one should violate guidelines and reveal naked body parts and get a slap on the wrist, some people can take that as ****** harassment.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BTTV is trash, and the entire community is cringe. I would appreciate it if Twitch allowed users to block their content, as it is not a part of the platform and 3rd party apps should not dominate chat. I would also like to point out that the BOOBA emote is extremely sexist, and only enables children to continue a mindset that has historically oppressed women as sexual objects. Finally, I would like an option to not have animated emojis in Twitch chat, because it is annoying and cringe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the discretion of streamers and moderators, the reasons for the ban vary depending on the atmosphere of the room.

Sometimes, some users cannot remember what they said on the day of the ban

When they were asked to cancel after being banned,

it would be nice if the users could simply check why they were banned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Getting videos muted for playing in game music is just bad form. Bad form all around. I play SWTOR and even dialogue portions of my broadcast were muted due to this asinine policy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'll note that many people have already submitted complaints about Twitch's lax punishments for harassers and abusers, but I'll submit mine anyway.

For years, there's been a user in a once huge stream who has been violating the rules thereof over and over but keeps getting unbanned despite his repeating his behaviors. Since his most recent unbanning, he has been harassing other users in both the stream and his own stream, as well as rallying his followers to join him in on it. For example:
    * https://controlc.com/69bedc23

Despite my numerous reports of his behavior—both to Twitch and the stream mods—no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When disputing claimed misuse of copyrighted music, there NEEDS to be a free text field to explain WHY I have a right to include the music I have. You cannot possibly create dropdowns including all the possible explanations, and the current three options are woefully inadequate. In particular, for a platform claiming to be welcoming to musician streamers, it is APPALLING that you fail to allow for performances by the streamer (in which the performance rights therefore belong to the streamer) of compositions which are either traditional or anonymous, or upon which the copyright has expired (in which therefore no…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i just discoverd that my friend follow boted me thats why i got so many followers but in the afiliated achievement it still with 806 followers and i only want to be legal! if you read this twitch support my channel is redfallout20 pls revise it!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So when I am streaming music from and channel titled... wait for it... NOCOPYRIGHTSOUNDS, why the **** does every single one of my streams have at least 4 muted segments???

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When applying a ban to a streamer, eventually apply an additional ban on their revenue (subs, bits, adv) for a period on top of the ban period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having a leveling system that streamers can set the parameters of leveling So that the streamer has more control over there stream bassed on the level of that person thats in there, the nore they chat and interact the higher the level goes, also makes it easier for mods knowing if they have been in there bassed on the level rather than looking at when they followed, the streamer can even set perks for that viewer when they reached a level in the channel, this if more for putting guildlines in place to safe guard the channels plus make it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?