Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. This makes 0 sense. You have no problem banning people for inappropriate content or things you disagree with, yet when DMCA comes down on you, it's up to us as content creators to protect ourselves?

You don't get to regulate a platform, and then things get tough, decide you don't want the responsibility anymore. Either ban content AND protect creators yourselves from the DMCA strikes, or do neither. Doing both shows you're just a bunch of greedy pieces of crap who really don't care about your creators. I know your a company and your main thing is to make money…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. “Twitch does not allow content that depicts, glorifies, encourages, or supports terrorism, or violent extremist actors or acts.” But for some reason Twitch allows it in games? Call of duty modern warfare 2 allows you to slaughter civilians at an airport. Destroy All Humans glorifies Genocide. The Postal series promotes mass murder. These games have their place but it’s not on this platform by Twitch’s own definition. Either ban these games or change the community guidelines to allow depictions of terrorism.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Asmr and cosplays should have mature audience warning or enter age to view stream. Most of the Asmr sessions and cosplays are adult oriented not suitable for children to view. Some Asmr sessions are ****** noises and cosplays are usually nudity. Also helps to put a mature warning on there channel. Like NC-17 or Rated R. Enter with caution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why does Twitch not partner with StreamHype Music in order to provide DMCA Free music to its users? You should review and reach out to them for potential opportunity.

https://www.streamhypemusic.com
    info@streamhypemusic.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Your platform is dying because you gave everyone a choice and a voice then you slowly started to take it away. This is how a platform dies In The United States. We don’t like to be told what to do and what we can play. Especially when we are playing music WE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR on iTunes or even on a CD. Being punished for playing the music WE PAID FOR is unacceptable. I stopped using your platform when you started striking DJs and I’ll NEVER go back. Your platform is dying

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As a music business student and variety/music streamer who's come across people who play unlicensed music on Twitch, I find this topic intriguing. It seems there are many people in the world who don’t understand the intricacies of copyright and if there was something we could do to better explain this to the public, that may help with reducing copyright strikes. Indeed, I often have users come in who are constantly pressuring me to play background music to make the stream more entertaining, but as a Mac user, my options are limited so I prefer to do without.

I personally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Musicians to play their own Music that they've composed themselves and have uploaded on Music streaming services or have a copy of the music on their devices that they play the music with.
    For example, I've composed 2 albums that are available on Spotify and other Music streaming services, and I'm still getting my audio muted because twitch doesn't allow any spotify tracks to be played during a stream.

So, I'm hoping twitch can allow Streamers to play their own music, by adding a portal where they can connect their Music copyrights (email address could be enough), and then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Klip alma ayarlarındaki, klipleri etkinleştir seçeneğinde "Canlı veya geçmiş yayınlarınızdan klip oluşturulmasına izin verin." yerine, canlı yayınlar için ayrı geçmiş yayınlar için ayrı etkinleştirme seçeneği olur ise yayıncı canlı yayınlardan klip oluşturulmasını kapatır ve yayın esnasında oluşturulan kliplerdeki DMCA sorunu ortadan kalkar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My friend has gotten multiple hate raids while streaming under the "woman" tag. When she removed the tag and streamed without it, the hate raids miraculously stopped. There needs to be more in place to protect people from abusing tags to send targeted hate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi I was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea that you could make it so people can edit there streams from the mobile app instead of us having to go on the website. Because when we go on the website it cuts off more than half of the stream when we try to make highlights and stuff. Also it would be a lot easier for us to keep an eye on the copyright strike claims also the mobile app can be accessed from without WiFi but the website cannot so that also makes it harder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shadow Bans or Temporary Bans should be distributed. who continuously violate copyrights. And there are several cases of copyright infringement. Also that these people get banned from appearing on Twitch. Because after 1-2 bans people don't stop and keep violating the songwriter's rights or the author's rights. It should be punished more severely and faster with people who can not leave it.
    Based on the video, you can see whether the streamers have used copyright material or not. In addition, the DMCA does not have to be logged on Twitch to discover an offense. Best of all to catch yourself…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get a deal with music industry or stop taking streamers money from subs and ads.
    If you charge streamers that money, you must fix the issue. If not, then dont charge nothing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512 Twitch needs to look at the actual letter of the law and unless the person doing the strike does everything as required in paragraph section C. Paragraph 3, Subsection A, no strike is valid or legal as ruled by US Ninth Circuit Court in Lenz v. Universal Music Corp resolved on September 14, 2015

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The automated muting of VODs is unevenly applied and mutes too much.

During a recent co-op stream, me and the other streamer both listened to a song that was posted in one of our chats. My VOD was muted for copyrighted music (which is fair, I'm not disputing that). However, there are two problems with this:

1. My VOD was muted, but the other streamer was not, even though we listened to the >exact< same song.

2. Way too much of my VOD was muted. The muted section of the VOD goes on for far longer than it actually played on the…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So this might have been covered before, but for a lot of game streamers, copyrighted music is a problem in videos. One of the songs in a previous stream got muted. I have no problem with that. My issue if I could fix it is that the block that got muted is much longer than the song. 6 minutes gets muted versus the song which is only about 2 minutes of time in the video. I wish there was a way to unmute specific segments that are not part of the copyright. If there was a way to tell which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop muting VODS in general. Amazon SELLS music. Make a deal like you already have to protect streamers. There is no reason 1 minute of audio should mute almost 10 minutes. That's ridiculous. Stop being petty. Get sued. You are a multi-billion dollar company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Just either a message that would be sent out to all people following which seems difficult or a notice on the streamers page saying why they were removed instead of just deleting the page entirely. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We already have the option to set our chat to "only followers" or "only subs" so chatbots can't spam around.

Why don't we have an option to temporary disable following on our channel? This could be a implemented as a mod feature - maybe with an option to directly report follow botting on that channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?