Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. jokin helpompi tapa ilmoittaa kanavan joutuneen botti seuraajien tai botti kauppiaiden ilmoittamiseksi. tai edes jokin selvä tapa. nyt joutuu tavallaan raportoimaan kanavasta , eikä itse botti hyökkäyksestä. voisi olla kavanan lähettäjän tai moderaattorien työkaluksi. helpottamaan ilmoittamista.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some people (like myself) receive strikes by people manipulating the system to punish streamers they don't like. If we go for an extended period with zero infractions, it only makes sense we are forgiven previous strikes and shouldn't face terminated channels. Especially with such a low bar as 3 strikes and no true recourse to appeal or even have our own proof to provide in said appeal (since the video is wiped clean before we can make a full copy to provide evidence). Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The blanket license has long been recognized as the most efficient and convenient way of clearing copyrights in the United States. It would be time consuming and expensive for you to locate, contact and negotiate with all copyright holders prior to the performance of each song you plan to play.

The U.S. Supreme Court summarized the virtues of the blanket license in CBS v. Broadcast Music, Inc., 441 U.S. 1 (1979) as follows:

"... the blanket license developed ... out of the practical situation in the marketplace: thousands of users, thousands of copyright owners and millions of compositions. Most users…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The current email system has two steps first to acknowledge receipt of a report and second to acknowledge action of a report. The second part only actions on the first correct reporting of the indicated behaviour.

This poses a few problems. First when receiving an acknowledgement of a report which twitch has taken an action you do not have reference to which report it was associated with. This makes it difficult for the moderator/viewer to get a better understanding of what is a good report. The reporter already knows the name of the user they reported and the reason, perhaps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Will Twitch Be Doing a Strikes Removal Program in the Future Like Say After So many Days the Strikes Fall off? the account? Would Something like this be possible in the future?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Banned streamers for lurking and trying to pick up date during live stream. Safety precaution for young ladies streamers whom older men viewers flirting and speaking to them awkwardly during live stream. Stream should be cut off or turn off. Both streamer and viewer should be questioned. Also ban temporarily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. several channels seem to have inflated views by embedding their channels on wiki sites or other websites with high traffic. Are there any plans to address this so they don't skew the numbers for certain categories of games?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are some users that I have dealt with in the past that purposefully mis-identify trans/non-binary individuals and streamers. How will Twitch trust and safety board manage these users? Purposeful mis-identification is very hurtful, especially after being told the correct identity, and they outright are ignorant to it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The whole problem with public performance rights comes from the fact that you're a venue and aren't paying PROs. At the same time, I feel like you're really hurting musicians much more than game-streamers. Please pay PROs like you're required to do. This does not affect VODs or Clips, because that is sync licensing. However, for DJs and other performers, you are very much breaking the law by not having a license with one (or multiple) of the PROs. No wonder the PROs and labels are coming after you, if you won't pay your dues. In the same manner, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love to see Twitch implement a feature that allows Streamers to set up a hard block for users with XX (configurable by streamer) amount of currently active bans.

This feature alone would greatly reduce the serial trollers that do nothing but jump from stream to stream trolling and getting banned.

It would also be great to have a feature that allows Mods and Streamers alike to see how many active bans a viewer has.

Thank you for your consideration.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The editor of a channel should get the ability (or be given the ability at the approval of the streamer) to review and submit counter claims on muted audio and claimed clips/VODs. This would allow the editor to be able to provide additional editing support of VODs and clips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Commenters shouldn't have the power to have a channel flagged or worse, the person who commented should have their account penalized so that the community has a cleaner chat due to less people wanting to have their own account held accountable for their own actions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I see a lot of streamers doing these "Unban Appeal" stream on their channel as "content". While the streamers and viewers may think this is an entertaining for content, it is often very toxic for the community.

The person got banned for a reason for breaking TOS or either not appropriate for chat, and their chat texts were deleted by moderators. Do we really need to revisit their toxic comments on stream again and display their chat or read it out aloud again? These comments were deleted for a reason right?

Most of the time, this becomes Harassment and Bullying…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello,

So last night I was streaming with some friends and experienced my first episode of harassment while streaming the game Dead by Daylight. Someone who claimed to have played a game with me earlier that night created an account with vulgar words in it while using my name in the username. They then began saying some pretty obscene things and it made me very uncomfortable. After reporting and blocking that person, they created a second account which was also blocked and then created a third account which was blocked as well. All three accounts were trying to solicit nudity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. [PT-BR]
    Favor considerar adicionar para cada vídeo ou live a classificação de idade. E não somente ao canal.

Para o Brasil temos: L(all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.
    https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistema_de_Classifica%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Indicativa_Brasileiro

[En]
    Please consider adding an age rating to each video or live. And not just to the channel.

For Brazil we have: L (all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_advisory_rating_system

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have license to play music from Monstercat. I have a playlist with content creator tracks (no non-licensable tracks). My past 6 streams, I get muted audio. I know exactly what the muted audio is used for, which is muting "copyrighted songs". Which is true, but I pay license to play them. Now, I edit my streams, music still in my videos, and upload them on YouTube, but I don't get claimed there. This is all in Twitch's end. I hope this can be fixed, because I pay money to pay money so I don't get claimed, or muted audio,…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The onslaught of content that is borderline porographic, highly suggestive because and obvious adult content and because of the repetitiveness of underage accounts created on a daily basis. Not to mention you aren't required to have an account to view ANY subject matter. As of today accounts have no viewing/streaming restricts on them unless what is divulged by the creator. There is no current method of authentication for accounts. Amazon is the parent company and has the abilities to verify accounts with bank/credit card information require THIS same method for all twitch user 18+ that want to stream. Require it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. nossos espectadores, gostam de escutar musicas que os agradam, poderia ter algo que eles comprem alguma musica em forma de alguma troca dentro da twitch, para que os nossos espectadores possam escutar pelo menos uma musica que goste.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, I've noticed that Twitch mutes audio for DMCA reasons, I highly recommend an automated system that sends DMCA permission requests on behalf of twitch users to the artist in order to get a green light on unmuting muted audio. Please feel free to contact me with this, I'm curious about if this feedback will be taken.
    channel: twitch.tv/Sir_D0ge
    email: so142001@gmail.com
    name: Seth

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Beside being obviously racist; I find it insulting to assume because one is white they inherently have some sort of privilege that is not available to others. Instead of focusing more on the behavioral aspects of one's own community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?