Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Either an animated GIF, PNG or MP4 that can loop on repeat, or on play button, while channel is offline

An old feature that may or may not exist in a similar capacity is rebroadcasting on repeat from the existing video library (not 100% sure if that still exists)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding a parameter to let us request clips by views (by default) or by creation time. (And so we can easily get the last clip and also classify clips by date)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It seems as though twitch videos no longer show or have an expandable description beneath the video player or I cannot find it after searching everywhere on the page. There needs to be a spot where the video description can be read by the viewer as the video may reference written information that the viewer can find in the description and is an important spot for providing relevant links.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am unsure if this is intentional, but when you highlight a VOD you now have to wait for each highlight to finish processing to add a description or change its title or game.

This has only been the case for about a month; before that you could add a description while a highlight was processing no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why not split stream Videos when u change tha Game?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Une fois que les video sont telecharger et prêtes a être mise en ligne, il y a écrit, traitement en cours, et depuis 30 minutes faciles et sa publie pas quoi , gros bug , a voir si ça peut être réparer par l'équipe qui s'occupe des fonctionnalité de partage twitch.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitch, so far I'm loving the overall experience, and I think you guys do a tremendous job of listening to your community and incorporating said community feedback.

That said, there is one aspect of Twitch that bothers me right now.

I'm a gamer, and play a variety of games, namely first-person-shooters and open-world games. I like to organize all my game uploads into collections by game title. It would be nice if I could upload thumbnails featuring the game art for each collection.

Can we please get thumbnail support for collections, allowing us to add some personality to our collections?…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience atleast for me if that's possible.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please give us the option to download more clips at the time. Either by selecting the clips or by a bulk download.
    It would also be preferable if the clips would be named either by the date they were created or by the clip name. Preferably both.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have few ideas for improving clips management for streamers.
    As channel owner and broadcaster, I find it weird that I cant rename tittle of the clips which are done by viewers.

Disable clip settings it would be better limiting to create clip permission to channel owner, editors, moderators, and VIP. Currently, the disable clip from settings is preventing even the streamer clipping in his channel.

Permit editors to go through clips also delete and rename them as well.

As streamer and long time chat moderator in Twitch, I see these would be beneficial improvements to moderators help streamers going…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like the idea to schedule reruns to start at specific times. It would make it easier for creators who know they are going to be away from home (for example, at TwitchCon) or when managers of their dashboard can't start a rerun due to other obligations (for example, also at TwitchCon). The old premier feature allowed you to schedule uploaded content, a similar time system could be implemented for scheduling the current rerun feature.
    Could add two buttons to the existing rerun interface:
    - Start the rerun queue later. [Insert Drop-down list for date/time]
    - Start Rerun Now!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I think a full overhaul of the twitch clip system needs to happen. I should be able to skip to a certain page of my hundreds of clips instead of waiting an eternity to scroll down and have them load in. I also should be able to view all my clips on iOS and android, but desktop should be a priority. Channel editors should also be allowed to remove clips from a broadcasters channel, as it is a crucial moderation tool we lac. Currently the clip manager and system is slow, archaic, and inefficient.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have a special border or a larger indication of when a video is a rerun; also have a message pop up in chat when someone goes to chat in a rerun

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Popout chat during livestreams is amazing for someone like me with two monitors, I wish I could do the same with VODs. The feature to popout the VOD player already exists, however the ability to popout chat is not there. If you could link the time between the VOD and the chat in the VOD so they sync up It would be such a big quality of life improvement to the rewatchability of live streams. Yes theatre mode exists, however the screen size is sacrificed and there is no way to have the VOD's chat overlayed either. Please add a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hi! This past weekend was LOL Worlds, unfortunately I couldn’t watch it live. Something that is fairly common, especially when the event is in another time zone.

But this is no problem as I can always watch the VOD afterwards. But something that is somewhat ruining the experience for me is that I can see the time left of the video.

However, in the biggest esports such as LOL, CS:GO, OW, and Dota 2 the big tournaments are usually played out using best of matches, meaning they play until one team reach a certain won matches. Because of this the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Basically in Chrome I have done absolutely everything I can in order to make Clips to work properly but it just refuses to work! I click the Clip button but it opens a new tab and the Clip never loads and stays in a eternal loading phase with a black screen no sound no anything... I searched in Google found a Reddit thread and I found that it would be fixed by turning "chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy" flags setting into "No user gesture is required" but even then I was not having any success making it work So what I did further was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I've noticed some of the content creators (Like gamers for example) are moving to twitch due to censorship & demonetization against inappropriate videos. (Like gameplay videos with FPS stuff) And like me, there are some content creators who don't broadcast that much but rather upload videos/clips to twitch. So I was wondering if you can be fair to twitch uploaders by adding a second option to join twitch affiliates or partnerships for twitch uploaders. Plz add this, the twitch uploaders depend on you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How about you don't throw at me your purple screen of death when my adblock is disable on your whole website and has been forever.

It's not your *** business if I want to use one on website I don't use regularly to protect myself from the ones full of .

I'll watch my gaming content elsewhere util this is resolved, and if u don't, I'm out for good.

U greddy f*ck Besos

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please implement an option for editors to be able to see and manage channel clips on the editor dashboard.

It would be helpful for clip management in channels that get clipped often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The same as when the streamer is live, we move the mouse over the player and it says... playing: (Game) on the top.

Not a very big feature but nice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?