Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. Let twitch auto change game name (and maybe title) based on what it was set on stream or info entered for uploaded videos. Vodcasts with 10th of games in one section creates mess

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I’m working on an SPA where one can watch VODs in sync, as if it was live.

I noticed something weird on several videos: when started at a late position on Auto quality, the videos plays normally for a few seconds, then goes backward exactly when the quality is automatically changed.
    This does not happen by switching qualities manually.

This is not easy to reproduce, as you need to be in Auto quality AND have the first selected quality to be low (e.g. 360p).

Here are the steps I took with relative success to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to this…
    29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every streamer runs into a few issues with trolls. Half of the time with trolls or DMCA content, users have to completely delete VODs. Well, unlike Twitch but on other platforms you're able to edit "VODs" a lot more with a lot more detail. That included to making parts quiet, to louder. Replacing or adding music to the vod, or even bluring or blocking unsafe content for the vod and even removing DMCA content from the vod without removing your whole vod to follow through with DMCA.

These systems have been around for ages and I'm completely flabbergasted about twitch's…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This makes sense because the Editor Role already has access to manage clips, highlights and VODs. The Editor Role already has access to export VODs to YouTube.
    So the editor role should be able to use the Clip Editor and export them to other platforms.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  9 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stream snip3r no sniping! Stream snip3r no sniping!

Idea: If there were an easy option to add a video delay easily during any part of the broadcast, it would prevent stream snipers from ruining the fun for everyone.

In the Gaming Category especially it would be awesome if Creators had a way to easily add a +5 second delay.

Reason: Whenever the streamer is being stream sniped it ruins the fun for the viewers. It also makes the streamer understandably frustrated and want to quit live streaming their favorite game.

Creators might only want to game later in the broadcast…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please give us the option to download more clips at the time. Either by selecting the clips or by a bulk download.
    It would also be preferable if the clips would be named either by the date they were created or by the clip name. Preferably both.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. right now we can clip from vods that are unpublished , it would be nice to be able to clip something from an unpublish vod so that way we dont have to publish the whole broad cast again , clip something from it then unpublish it again.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've been using Twitch since 2018 and clipping has always been a bit glitchy. Recently something new has happened which makes the feature really difficult to use conveniently.

I'm getting these error messages on the daily that tend to last for an hour after attempting to create clips.

In the Clip creator after selecting the time to create the clip:
    "Whoops. Something went wrong."

Then when attempting to delete the clip that didn't get clipped correctly:
    "There was a problem deleting this clip."

This happens independently in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to matter which streamer it…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are some inherent severe bugs when it comes to Twitch collections that should get priority to be fixed. I think the reason very few streamers use this feature is because of how broken it is.

⠀1. The default internal links to collections shows an error.

"Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable." error page which then redirects you to the first video of the collection. Changing the structure of the URL makes this not so, which makes me think its an old oversight/workaround that can easily be repaired.

Examples how to replicate:
    Shows error: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/OIpBrhiazhakWA?filter=collections

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sometimes there are clips out there with "Rude / Stupid / unchanged" names, but they might have some great content in it. Therefor it's probably the best if the streamer would be allowed to change titles of their clips.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Refresh button that refreshes the player so you don't have to refresh the whole page.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When exporting a VOD to YouTube, it is broken up into segments if it is longer than 12 hours. This feature is broken in two ways.

The major issue:
    It does not work. It splits into segments that are of length 12:00:01, which are abandoned by YouTube, and have to be deleted.

The minor issue:
    The naming is wrong. A 2-part export will be named "part 0/2" and "part 1/2."

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This could be done by using different filters such as; games, more date options or even a keyword.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would be handy to allow editors to edit the clips in general, but allowing the original viewer that clipped the clip to retain credit. Example: Maybe the clip has a cuts off a sentence mid-through, so moving the in/out point by a few frames would just clean up the clip.

Some clips I come across are really well done but no catchy title. Adding a title as an editor or broadcaster makes the clip more promotion-friendly when used on third party sites or in Discord.

Currently the only option is to create a new clip of the same content and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Featured Clips help you show up on new and existing Twitch discovery spaces in ways that best represent you and your community. We recently shared our plans (https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2023/07/08/everything-we-announced-at-twitchcon-paris/) to launch the upcoming mobile Discovery Feed. As we work towards building new onsite discovery tools like the Discovery Feed, we want to give you more control over which Clips are shown to viewers on Twitch with Featured Clips.

We're already working on improvements to Featured Clips, including:
    - Allowing you to opt-in to automatically featuring Clips created by you or your editors.
    - Giving Featured Clips access to Mods…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When switching to theatre mode the chat goes into dark mode, I'd like an option to opt out of this because that strains my eyes to the point where I'd rather not watch the stream at all.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Right now you can only link one YouTube account this works for some people but I do many different streams and I want to be able to export my Podcasts to my podcast channel and games to my gaming channel without having to disconnect and reconnect everytime I want to export different videos to different channels.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. YouTube's largest fail is that fact that they do not have a simple desktop app for the people who upload a ton of content. This app features should contain the ability to put in the information about each video. If you loose connection or site goes down there should be a "resume" button to continue the upload. Make it easier on the user & this and it will encourage everyone to upload more. aka a "Desktop Upload Manager app". Keep hitting those home runs Twitch! :)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently when exporting a VOD to YouTube you can export it as a single file or split it into 15 minute segments if you YouTube isn't verified. What I am requesting is that an additional option is added to split the export into 12 hour segments since this is the maximum that YouTube will accept.

The reason I would like this is that any of my streams that are over 12 hours are unable to be added to my YouTube unless I split them into 15 minute segments but this just doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure I'm not the…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a comment function for highlights. Always interesting to hear what people think about one of your videos.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?