Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On clips, the list gets long with content we enjoy from our channel to others. It would be really nice to delete the ones that mean nothing anymore. It would help us keep it clean and organized.

Talking about organizaion, adding categories that you can named yourself would be amazing. Whether you want to keep a collection of your own or another specifc streamer. This would be a good way to bring all the videos that you want to keep together.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’re definitely looking into ways for users to better manage the collection of clips. The categories is an interesting idea. Would be curious to see how people vote on this.

2. So you know that one streamer you like to watch that's full time and divides him or her self between more than one game / category and goes 8+ hours each day and has tons of people clipping the channel's content?
    I personally think it's a bit frustrating to go digging through their dozens / hundreds of clips just to find that one you are looking for from such a long time ago. I think it would be a great addition if twitch allowed us more filters than just sorting by time created (by default, 24 hours, 7 days, 30…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Users often request that a streamer raise or lower his music volume. If there was a separate volume control for the music-volume built into the viewing interface, then viewers could raise or lower the music and stream volume separately to suit their individual tastes.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Had a frustrating experience as I keep getting hits and tips to add video/clips. I incorrectly assumed I could upload a video to achieve this, but I can't since I'm not affiliate status yet. Some sort of indication on the Upload video page would be nice. I eventually found the documentation about affiliate status and uploading in an unrelated document, but I had to dig to find it.

Also there is a lot of "how-to" videos and docs on Twitch around uploading that is now out of date. Please update for better user experience, please.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I often miss a good opportunity to save a clip due to being too in the moment of a stream. But someone else will often save it and post it which is great! I'd love to be able to add there clip to my clips list.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Broadcast date of past videos used to be shown with each video, but I can no longer find any date information. I have no clue when past videos I watch are from.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitch recently changed the format for clips and video manager and we noticed that the "Created by" column has been removed from the clips manager... Please bring it back. It was a very useful tool for us because we have so many people in our group and the "created by" column helped us know who was clipping what broadcasts. It's gone now and we want it back.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow VODS to get automatically uploaded to youtube for safe keeping as they get deleted from twitch after 60 days.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Since today (April 20th, 2017) or maybe even a few days (haven't used the feature since Monday), whenever I want to upload a thumbnail to one of my uploaded videos, I no preview appears in the thumbnail preview windows. If I want to save the video, I get an error message saying "Missing required parameter crop_x". I didn't check if this also applies to highlights/past broadcasts, but at least on the uploaded videos this error appears no matter how often I try.

Browser: Firefox 53.0 (64 bit)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. atm the description in the description-box is cut in the half of the length of the box. The text should dynamically fill the description box in the length.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently when exporting a VOD to YouTube you can export it as a single file or split it into 15 minute segments if you YouTube isn't verified. What I am requesting is that an additional option is added to split the export into 12 hour segments since this is the maximum that YouTube will accept.

The reason I would like this is that any of my streams that are over 12 hours are unable to be added to my YouTube unless I split them into 15 minute segments but this just doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure I'm not the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In this most recent age the unpublish feature is really helpful but in order to clip, highlight and even watch the VOD you have to publish it first. Which defeats the purpose

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. YouTube lets you use the mouse wheel to change the player volume.

I'd like Twitch to duplicate this functionality.

Users should be able to hover over the player controls to show them then use the mouse wheel, when hovering over the volume slider to increase/decease volume

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clicking on clip that shouldn't automatically make a 30 second clip that u cant edit afterwards. Usually u wanna be able to clip something and edit the length and name. 30 seconds and stream title name is not helpful.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View requirement is fine but maybe modify the clip per week requirement? Not all streamers have a regular schedule and may not always stream a decent amount every week, or a streamer with a regular schedule might take a week off streaming.

My suggestion is to change it so 3-4 clips created anytime during the month that accumulate at least 50 views combined will award this badge instead to continue to recognize engaged viewers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A few more sort Options Like "Form new to old" and "sort by Game" maybe an Option to search Clips by title and Game. When a Streamer does have many Clips than its hard to find an older Not so popular Clip

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hello maybe faster processing of videos after the upload...
    Maybe it is an bug...I dont know but I think it is really slow processing

greetings!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Oftentimes, the default thumbnail will not accurately reflect the highlight in question. It would be nice to have multiple thumbnails to choose from (similar to what Youtube allows) before publishing the highlight.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like the idea to schedule reruns to start at specific times. It would make it easier for creators who know they are going to be away from home (for example, at TwitchCon) or when managers of their dashboard can't start a rerun due to other obligations (for example, also at TwitchCon). The old premier feature allowed you to schedule uploaded content, a similar time system could be implemented for scheduling the current rerun feature.
    Could add two buttons to the existing rerun interface:
    - Start the rerun queue later. [Insert Drop-down list for date/time]
    - Start Rerun Now!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hello!
    Realization of my idea will be very useful in case of some techical problems when OBS chrashes or some others causes. Because of this issues streamer should to restart his stream, therefore on Twitch will be a few videos which we aren't able to combine at this moment.
    That's why we need this possibility.
    Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?