Ads

1. Ads every hour

When i want to check who to watch i need to waste my 30s everytime i change streamers.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blocks of adds stop you from skipping forward on a VOD

I completely understand that there are adds on VODs. The problem is that when the stream places adds for X minutes the VOD player starts to play adds too at that time in the VOD. Well this means that one can't skip ahead in the content but i rather have to watch those adds or not watch the VOD ever again as it starts the VOD on the same place i closed it last time and the adds start over again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. With amazon prime no longer giving ad free twitch, twitch prime needs to step up and offer more value

Most people hate advertisements in this day and age. Twitch is a very in the moment platform. Being interrupted with an ad really impacts the stream. Viewers lose communication with the streamer, and even if the streamer explicitly states they are going to run an ad, they get nominal money from the ad at the huge risk of losing viewership.

A couple proposals to remedy this:

1. Do not play ads when swapping channels (causes stagnation of viewer bases) instead do a banner ad. (like for mobile users, minimally invasive and doesn’t affect the flow of the stream)

2. Set…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ads that bypass Adblock, this just shows how moneyhungry this company really is.

You guys really need to invest time into developing ads that bypass Adblock? Good investment of time, definitly a display of how massive the greed in your company is.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Watch stream and earn bits

I wanted to give feedback for you so here comes the idea.
    People sit at your Twitch site every day. Watch a stream for hours.
    with no ads. Because those people have adblock. Or something else that they do not get ads. Of course we already have a way that encourages us not to use adblock, namely Bits from short video advertising. Now come with the following idea.
    Place an ad under the streamer. https://imgur.com/a/yeSqbL6 For example how I made it here. Making Twitch earn extra money. But how do you ensure that viewers do not turn on adblock? Well…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Humble request to turn off Add blockers

Add blockers block adds that support twitch and free streams.

Currently, it is up to the streamer or chat to ask people to turn off addblock, and it's something that rarely comes up because chat and the streamer are focused on the stream content.

So I'm suggesting twitch includes some sort of unobtrusive notification humbly asking for users to turn off addblock on twitch, explaining the importance and maybe statistics showing how add revenue has impacted twitch. (ie non subs can contribute in a very meaningful way by watching adds)

This is important to me because when i first started…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can we talk about add diversity for german's?

Ill be frank, I don't know how it is determined which ads I do get(aside of localy specific) and maybe I'm a special snowflake with being 30 and never using any social media(and thus having nothing of me in big data storerooms).

So 70% of my ads are Amazon Prime related. Which in itself is no problem, the issue is that I have to endure basically the same one commercial for weeks on repeat.

You literally made me hate Top Gear, Lucifer and whatnot.
    I sure there are a multitude of other ways to advertise prime or whatnot than playing…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have found a way to skip ads on mobile

There is a way to skip any ad on all channels on mobile easily

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ad revenue for partners

Because of the large degree of lurk teams and point grabbing teams with empty viewership, I’m proposing a change to the ad sharing for partners relative to unique chatters and viewers as a combined total.

I also suggest no ads for twitch Prime users to promote more people having prime, and ads not showing on raids or embeds to eliminate some of the hollow viewing that also put Facebook into trouble with advertisers; then up the revenue sharing for the partners to match.

To some level this will minimize those without communities/porting lurkteams (I was in one yesterday for 10min…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stickers in vk.com for the popularization of twitch.

In Russia service vk.com is very popular. People often use stickers when communicating. You can make paid packages of popular smilies of Twitch or time them to an advertising company. I'm sure that smilies of twitch will become very popular stickers in vk.com.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ad in fullscreen

at first im a prime user and im fine watching ads in fullscreen mode created by twitch BUT why i have to watch the same ad movie 5 times in a row without having other ads ? In last stream i watched 3 times Bitburger and 4 Times Legao in a row ? Can you maybe fix this ? So that i have every video once per ad ? Tvym

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix doubleup when using popout player.

I primarily use the popout player and/or chat when I watch twitch. However, when you load a stream you always see an ad, and when you open the popout player, it always plays a second ad. And, while an ad is paused you can't open the popout player (html5 player).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?