Ads

1. Smaller ads, please.

When i go to a channel, i'm forced to sit through an ad that completely blocks my view of the stream. I'm not against ads per se, but i AM against ads that block my stream.

A small banner or some thing like that on the bottom of the stream would be more appropriate and would make me a lot more willing to remove my ad blocker(s).

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fuck ads

Its horrible, way too many ads, I won't use HTML5 if the ads gonna stay. Always the same 3 ads, fuck this.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ad-free experience for all viewers

I would like to see a subscription to make a channel ad-free for all viewers, not just people with accounts, subscribers, followers or anything, I know turbo exists, but that's only for the person broadcasting that goes and watches someone else's channel. What about the opposite, what if a broadcaster wants the viewers to have an ad-free experience?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ad

The recent increase in ad volume is intolerable - that is why I am no longer going to be using the twitch services - you've gone the way of youtube and they suck with the ads also.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add 'delay' option for when ads pop up at critical moments

I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't *like* it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please make muting ALL ads possible

So many times a day when i go to ANY stream and ad starts, that ad is usually louder than most earrape trollvids u can see from YT etc. Would be great if volume slider affects that to every ad that it doenst rn. And ive often heard "Lower your headphone sound" but thats not option as ithen i hear nothing but ad.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Video quality option for ads

It is somewhat annoying to sit through a buffering high quality ad for a minute before returning to the stream.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let's look at the world population since the beginning of recorded history

I've been getting this same ad for many months now and it's starting to get annoying. If you're going to milk my patience for cash at least give me different ads.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GOD DAMN Twitch

Why do I have to watch unwanted horror/thriller movie ads? Are you srsly thinking that is common ads topic? Then I should consider to stop using this app. I never thought twitch is this much toxic organisation. Disappointed tbh.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show if a streamer is payed for the content

Would be awesome if streamer that are payed for playing games need to make this clear.
    Ppl playing pay to win games and hype them - its not clear that they are payed for.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't show an ad when a channel begins to host

Overall, ads on Twitch are reasonable and not too intrusive, but this one quirk makes it more difficult for small streamers to support each other.

If someone ends their stream by hosting mine, I would like to be able to thank them and welcome them and any viewers who came along with them. But at the moment that I receive the host notification, I have to assume that none of them can see me because an ad just started playing for them. And if I host another streamer at the conclusion of my stream, my viewers and I don't get…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ad genre

Outside of the sheer volume of ads I have to watch even with a Prime account, please at least make the ads a family friendly genre. I have been repeatedly seeing horror movie trailers and ads and that is not okay. Sometimes I would have to refresh a stream due to buffering issues, and I am on the edge each time, hoping that I won't get that disturbing ad again (but alas, I do).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If I have Amazon/Twitch Prime, stop showing me ads for shows I have seen

Pretty simple and as described in the title.
    If I have Amazon Prime you can obviously track my viewing history, and use it to NOT show me ads for the shows I have seen.

Currently I get about 4 rotating ads (Cloak & Dagger, Hanna, Grand Tour, Jack Ryan).
    Three of these I've already seen, and so whenever I get an ad for them now I just close out the Twitch desktop client and restart it - because that's faster and less annoying than watching the ad to completion.

So maybe you could tone down the ads, or at the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop playing the same ads repeatedly.

I don't need to see your twitch gift ad a million times in a row.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Too Many Repetitive Ads

I understand Twitch makes money through ads, but could you PLEASE use NEW ADS? I'm getting tired of hearing the same 3-4 ads ad nauseum. It's gotten to the point where the ads are making me NOT want to use the product because of how repetive they are.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. TwitchPrime should save you from watching the same ads over and over and over and over and over

I usually do not post in threads or forums, but the recent mandate to force you to watch ads have pissed me off so much that here I am. I am writing this because these ads are just ridiculous. There used to be a time when twitch prime users were not forced to suffer this cruel and indecent punishment. I have twitch prime and I'm currently subscribed to TSM_Viss. Now my experience is all fine and dandy when I watch his channel ,AD FREE, the way watching video games should be. I mean think about it, we are watching people…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As per GDPR, personalized ads are supposed to be OPT-IN, not OPT-OUT.

Every time I log in to my account, I am greeted with a possibiltiy to manage personalized ads, and it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/8HUIhPP.png

By default, everything should be off unless I explicitly state I allow gathering my data.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BY REMOVING THEM or at least make them skippable

Ads on Twitch, just what we F needed! I hate ads, don't want to see them ever. I have been born in a world full of ads and I can't stand it anymore, stop shoving unwanted shit into my eyes and ears.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Ads

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base