Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. With the testing of Stream Display Ads, many creators are excited to begin using them as an alternative to disruptive full video advertisements. However, because preroll ads are still displaying, the main problem being voiced in my community still isn't being addressed: the disruptive nature of preroll ads.

To quote my friend Kit, a fellow streamer:
    "Those [preroll ads] are so frustrating, especially hopping into a stream from a raid. Missing all the hi's and thank you's and welcomes because I gotta see a 90sec ad about totino's"

Stream Display Ads are a great alternative to full video ads, but…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you have blocked or banned someone from your channel, when they come to your channel they no longer can watch the stream. They see nothing but an endless ad roll. They click on a VOD? You can watch it, after these ads. But then the ads never end.

Not to effect timedout users.

Please. Thank you. I love you.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ads ignoring the Twitch Language Preference - Irritating

Twitch is set to ENG,
    I'm located in GER,
    please don't play GER ads. It's very irritating.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please stop running "pre-roll" ads right when a live stream starts. Every time I get queued up for a live stream about to start, as soon as it starts, I miss the first 30 seconds of the stream and have no idea what they talked about. This is especially annoying on dev streams and the like. KNOCK IT OFF, TWITCH! Even Prime users get screwed this way.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now Partners and Affiliates have the ability to give their subscribers 'ad free viewing'. I think subscribers should be able to opt-in to watching ads on a channel their subscribed to even if the channel has 'ad free viewing' turned on for subscribers.
    There's not many ways you can have an ad feature that is a win for everyone involved, but I think this is one of those ways.

For Twitch:
    - More ads watched on their site.

For Streamers:
    - More ad revenue, while also keeping 'ad free viewing' as a perk for those who want to subscribe.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, when some streamers play ads, their streams will still play in a little box at the top while ads play in the main video player. The problem comes when -- let's say something critical happens on stream, or chatter asks question you'd really like to know the answer to. You can't cash in on the information because the streamer's stream is either muted or gone during ads.

Yeah you can always go back and review the vods (unless streamer has them disabled) but that defeats the feeling you'd get out of experiencing whatever happened in the moment.

I don't…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently twitch is forcing me to view 5 ads whenever I click on a stream.

This is turning me off watching completely, as these ads last for 5 minutes.

I think we can agree that it is crazy to expect a viewer to wait for 5 minutes before they can see the stream and decide if they want to continue watching.

This is currently making it impossible for me to browse streams.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To prevent viewers being in a situation where they miss live stream content, give users an option to "View ads now instead of on the regular timer schedule", which would then reset the timer. Yes you have to view more ads, but you then are guaranteed ad-free content for the next X amount of time (whatever the current timer is set at for running ads).

i.e. Watching a speedrun, on PB pace, 20 minutes left in the stream, but there's an ad in 15 min. I really don't want to miss the end! I'll just play an ad now, deal…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Streamers who have tagged their channels as "family friendly" should be configured to block adult ads. In particular, ads promoting alcohol.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. all is in the title. ad quality should be the same as the stream quality.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tonight I triggered a 90 second ad break in order to disable prerolls. I was then informed by my guest that my stream was being used to push a crypto.com NFT project.

I cannot, in good conscience, continue to stream on this platform when the content I produce is used to push this. Besides finding the crypto “industry” repugnant, many of my viewers are underage, and would not know better than to buy into a scam. I won’t be the vehicle by which they’re taken advantage of. This is the Twitch “Affiliate” and “Partner” programs, after all - I refuse…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want my viewers to have the optimal experience on my channel, and not everyone can afford to support a creator. So I'd like some, if not all of the bits to go to the viewer so that they get a more positive experience. It would make it a more personal connection between streamer and viewer, and they in turn can show a bit more personal support in case they can't afford to buy bits or subs

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently every time I participate in a raid an ad plays immediately after the new stream starts, and it never ends in time to see the raided channel's reaction. This has caused me to just leave a raid in most cases since I can see everyone having fun in chat, but I'm stuck in an ad for the next 15-20 seconds.

It would be nice to have a bit of a delay on the initial ad so that the whole raiding party can participate.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a streamer runs a block of ads, we select the amount of time we want the ads to run for, and that can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. However when we do that, all the viewer sees is the number of ads left, not the total time left. Since ads vary in length, that doesn't actually tell them how long until they're over.

Speaking for myself, it's pretty much a daily occurance to have someone post a message like "8 ads??" in my chat. And sometimes that number can be in the double digits. If viewers…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow users to block ads that have flashing lights. Your advertisers should be marking any videos that have flashing lights that could trigger seizures, migraines, or headaches in users. It's the middle of 2023, this should be an option EVERYWHERE. Adding that one ad that prompted this was an ad that features flashing red warning lights with a couple sitting on a couch seat in a house setting. It has kids with hockey gear. I'll catch the company next time.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. bits and subscription audio ads to encourage viewers to sub or use bits

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pre-rolls on twitch are not working right now because they are ignorant and focus on maximizing profits instead of the viewer experience. The dodge rates are incredibly high.

Change the system, let the creators hook the viewers into their content first before you throw an ad on their screen. there are two ideas on how to do it:

Let the creators modify the first picture of the thumbnail preview. this will drastically change the look of the main page, but it gives creators an additional window to communicate with potential viewers. You can send a message to showcase your content,…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Moderators should not get ads! We need to hear and see everything, also many mods don’t have the money to subscribe and avoid ads.

When I need to get to stream quickly and there is an pre-roll ad, I cannot do what I’m suppose to do.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?