Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. use Stream display ads instead of prerolls on live content ,keep prerolls on VODS my experience on twitch lately is that i dont go looking for new content creators much due to prerolls annoyance . you cant treat twitch like a Video on demand service you have to treat it as a live service , and you don't interrupt a live service with ads , SDAs are a great way not to interrupt the live broadcast . and midrolls controlled by the content creators as well . the issue with midrolls is that sometimes the midrolls are longer than the…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Where the black space is on Stream Display Ads, let broadcasters upload their own custom images depending on if the content is live, vod, or a rerun.

Would help with channel branding, call to actions, and clear identity of content.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This morning the front page banner ad is for an NFT/Crypto scam.

There isn't even a place to click the ad to report it as inappropriate when it's the front page banner. Can you do better at vetting the ads you allow on the site? And do a better job at following up on feedback for inappropriate ads?

I don't want to have to see ads for religious groups, NFT scams, etc. but even if I report them, they still show up all the time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. can we not get 5 min ads breaks every 10 mins please? I Know you guys gotta pay for Bezos's rocket ship some how but getting 5 mins of ads every 10 minutes (this is not a exaggeration BTW) is a deal breaker and will make me leave to go some where else.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you're going to remove an entire avenue of monetization for our community then Multiplayer Ads should be available to all Affiliates as a replacement. I do not understand why these were removed when the other avenues were not ready to be released to all of us.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The existence of a hard cap on preroll free viewing time at 30 minutes is extremely restrictive, and difficult to integrate with various forms of streamed content. Being forced to take an ad break every 30 minutes causes disruption to content flow, and is detrimental to viewer experience.

There is no difference in ad density between 3m/h and 1.5m/ .5h. The pinning of pre-roll free viewing to a 30 minute cap feels very arbitrary and creates an artificial barrier to fluid integration of ad breaks for creators streaming longer form content.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ads without music won't be as disturbing. Also, ads which sounds like TTS give minor disturbance and attribute the stream with a level of engagement.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I live in Belgium and yes we have 3 oficial languages but I only speak Dutch(65%) not French(34,9%) or German(0,1%). so I want to choose to only see ads in Dutch and English no French no German

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For the love of god twitch, stop showing Ads the first 3 seconds you begin watching a channel.

Every-time I decide to start watching a new channel I am immediately bombarded with a minute of Ads. This usually leads me to just going back to a channel I have subbed to. Yeah, we all hate ads. No-one enjoys sitting through 4-9 Ads that can last from 15 - 45 seconds. And immediately playing this many Ads is mildly infuriating to say the least. I don't mind watching some Ads and supporting the Channel after at least seeing SOME content, instead…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hey, can you guys not implement things that interrupt a stream while someone is watching it? Thanks.

Your anti-adblock message shouldn't appear when it has been disabled by the user. I don't use adblock when I'm on Twitch.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently ads played during VODs seems to break the playback position, and instead resets the VOD to the start instead of continuing where the advertisements interrupted.
    This is a common issue on mobile, and has been for a while.
    Fixing this would go a long way to help making ads less antagonizing, as this is furthering the stigma that ads are making Twitch worse to view.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to see a subscription to make a channel ad-free for all viewers, not just people with accounts, subscribers, followers or anything, I know turbo exists, but that's only for the person broadcasting that goes and watches someone else's channel. What about the opposite, what if a broadcaster wants the viewers to have an ad-free experience?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Listening to ASMR you want to relax and not be either WOKEN UP or RUIN YOUR RELAXATION! (Thus my capitalization just now!)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Paying for twitch turbo and getting ads, was fine for a good chunk of time, till today. 4 ads within an hour

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Small creators have little to no opportunity to gain from ads because there simply aren't the viewers to gain anything monetarily.

A fix would be to provide a greater incentive (more ad free time/bits but also the ability to opt out entirely unless the view count crosses a certain threshold e.g. 100+ viewers.

Ads may be what keeps twitch free but there are plenty of 24 hour streams that constantly run on twitch because people come to twitch for the non-TV experience. Twitch threatens itself by changing into a cable-like experience

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pretty much as it says in the title. Interrupting live content is the most patently stupid way of going about this. I suggest the following:
    1. Make the forced mid rolls use the smaller picture-by-picture player and make them silent so the stream doesn't need to be muted.
    2. Use banner ads instead.
    3. Pause the live stream in the background while the ad plays so that viewers don't miss anything.
    4. Abandon the idea altogether.
    5. Give creators full control of when they play and what ads get played.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Nobody wants to see an Ad right as they enter a new stream. If they click on a stream from the main page or from a raid, nobody wants to watch it immediately. Me personally I exit as fast as I can and go watch someone else instead of ads. Viewers would be more inclined to stay around if watching ads wasn’t the first thing they got.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please give an option to block non-smoking ads. I quit smoking recently and seeing vapes every day when i try to watch twitch isnt helping. SeemsGood. The ads might be helpful for people thinking about quitting but are detrimental for those quitting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?