Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

781 results found

1. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can Twitch please display the ads beneath the video player without the motion transition resizing the stream video to be more disability accessible for people with visual sensitivities and for people who rely on closed captioning/ subtitles?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reward small amount of bits (1-10) to viewers for watching a streamer for a certain amount of time, and add the bits to their inventory. Ex. If you watch Twitch Rivals for 30 minutes straight, you get 5 bits, and so on for longer watch times.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Everytime after a add is rolled, when it is over the stream comes back muted, and is really annoying having to got back and unmute the stream.

I'm using Google Chrome latest version.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 99.9% of all twitch ads are just annoyances to me, mainly because they are untargeted and I don't care about their content at all. I always get movie ads. And I never watch movies. I suggest twitch reworks its subscriber system: make it like ISPs do it to provide internet access: 5 bucks a month flat, no ads, a portion goes to individual streamers based on view time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please enable picture by picture for pre-roll ads. I'm a small streamer and I feel a lot of people aren't willing to sit through a 30s or longer ad break just to see if my stream quality is good or chat is active or if the preview image is accurate to what I'm actually doing on stream. Picture by picture would fix this by enabling them to check out the stream and chat whilst the ad plays in the main view.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The 5 seconds skip button doesn't work since maybe one week

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't like it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ok, we get it that us streamers need some Ad revenue, but it is just leaves a bad taste when we don't support the company sending the ad (As an example: Youtube Shorts ads when I don't support Google at ALL).

Can you guys make an option to block certain advertisers to play their ads on our streams?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop falsely claiming the streamer is "taking an ad break" when they're automated ads that the streamer has no idea are playing. I get that phrasing it that way moves the pressure (and to some, blame) off of Twitch and onto the streamer, but it's a blatant lie that has no business being there.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. having pre roll count down on the twitch chat similar to where the hype train is - so streamers dont need to keep an additional browser source open to watch the dashboard.

Id like to be able to tell from within my obs software when ads are playing

you want us to run ads - please make it accessible and easy for us to do so from within our streaming software so the process isn't disruptive for viewers.

not good with photo editing but heres an example of how it could look

https://twitter.com/ellerows/status/1369553181076815876

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have mine set to 5 minutes, which is the shortest option. Unfortunately, this is still too short of a time frame for a heads up notification, as a lot can happen between when I first get the heads-up and when the ad actually runs and I can end up getting sidetracked. If a 1 minute option could be added, OR make it a sliding scale like the spacing, length, and first ad delay so we can choose, that would be fantastic!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Maybe you can show the ad but give the stream at the top of the chat like webcam in watch party.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you are going to play ads every time I try to open a stream then at least put a bit of variety. I have gotten the same ad 12 times in a row.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Advert for psycho-sexologist Audible book has become nothing but obnoxious to see/hear after it has frequently been played on every stream.

An option to rate adverts via mobile app would be ideal for better recommendations specific to genres chosen by every user; instead of the same adverts pushed by servers that are only based on country/region and often played too frequently and/or inappropriate for all viewers etc.

Better adverts will appease more users, if adverts are needed to be watched.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preroll-disable functionality already exists, just have hypetrains add 5 minutes to that when they start, if the counter is at zero. Add more time if level-ups extend the hypetrain duration.

If a hypetrain is going, something hype is happening, right? Who wants to come into a channel during a HYPE moment, only to get slapped in the face with a preroll instead of joining in with everyone immediately?

The preroll revenue loss would be minimal, would encourage hypetrains (so a potential positive ROI), and be a win for everyone involved; adds functionality to the hypetrain product, and shows that Twitch…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?