Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1141 results found

1. Since a bugreport page does not seem to exist and the general category is under maintenance: Your report button is completely broken. I cannot report channels used for hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people (tried Chrome and Firefox, Firefox without any Twitch extensions). It says "Sorry, a network error ocured when submitting your report. Please try again later". The issue has persisted for at least a day now and I can watch streams without any issues indicating that I do in fact have internet.

Please fix the report button and take action against accounts used for hate-raids.

twitchdobetter

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When we are follow botted we get massive follows within seconds of each other, please mark these in a diffrent color so if we want we can remove them manually or ban them easily. This alone will help build up a tracking system with twitch being able to ID the main user name as it will appear the most and ban it to help others with being spammed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The current Twitch account creation system offers little to no assurance of protection for creators. Enforcement actions, when taken, are reactive, rather than proactive, and require submitting reports, writing descriptions, and disrupting the stream, which is exactly what these people want. Even enabling email verification for users to chat does not prevent someone from creating multiple successive, free "burner" email accounts for the express purpose of harassing one or more users. Someone can simply create a free email account online, create a free Twitch account, use the new email to verify the account, and circumvent that particular feature. To prevent…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. During the current situation of the pandemic removing DJs from crucial entertainment venues, more DJs have turned to Twitch to help with their financial crisis while most clubs and bars are closed, as well as keeping their performing art fresh.

While DMCA is still putting a tight grip on recorded music on stream, and DJs are currently doing everything they can to prevent full tracks being played during their sets, will DJing on Twitch still become accessible during this time? Also, what is the policy for music mixed and cut up on the fly?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I got a muted section of video recently due to music Fallout 76 creates all by itself, legally in game. How can I defend against that! If I stream my favorite game and someone has the in game radio on, Twitch algorithms will think its DMCA strike time and if this happens one or two more times I will lose my account. Again all for in game music! I am terrified of losing my beloved twitch account, I have come to truly love it here. I am a cyber refugee of the Great Mixer Debacle and don't always know what…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We should delete follower by ourselfs.

Maybe someone is getting follow-botted and twitch don't delete the bots, maybe someone banned him that he cant talk in chat anymore but still follow the channel and whatches but you dont want that.

You dont wan't that this person see you live.

We should have a option where we can delete the followers in our dashboard.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think there should be a button for when streamers are having a stroke or something the viewers can click the button. This button should send a confirmation to some twitch admins and if its true they click on approve. when they click on approve a signal is going out to the streamers local emergency service and they will respond to the emergency case.

a precondition to this is that you need to know the adress of the streamers what can be done be asking for the adress when creating a new account or when you implement it that existing…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I run a stream and sometimes people who are banned from chat can still harass people in chat by whispering to them. Most are not aware that they can turn whispers from people they don't follow off. This is a problem I'm seeing all over twitch after the addition of whisper. It would be more user friendly if it was on by default. Thankyou :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When content is clearly labelled as "adult content" and "contains nudity" from a pixelated game is banned and yet real humans can display nudity and suggestive posing is not banned, Twitch REALLY needs to reassess their views on societal norms and what is legal.

I was watching my friend, fellow streamer, and a channel I sub to when he got banned for playing a video game (Conan Exiles) because he was dressing his character (was nude) in battle armor- its a cartoon, an animation.
    The moment he was banned in the Twitch recommended for me list was a well known…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ever since the new guideline changes have been announced, a flood of streamers drawing and watching hentai on twitch has emerged. some of them not even using labels. this can be VERY harmful to minors to log onto a site with a new account only to see *. while i do agree that artists deserve more freedom to do things like anatomy and actual artistic nudity, its not a great idea to have * full of minors. much like myself. Ive also seen people playing hentai games and using sex mods (like the jenny mod for Minecraft) while on…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The appeals process for a suspended account is such poor customer service. You can assign resource to this area but not where it matters in answering unjustified bans or suspensions.

The consistency on the appeals is so flawed it’s ethically and morally wrong.

This post will be deleted, again, because you don’t want to own up to poor customer service and would rather delete a post than provide a good service to loyal customers. Contact me for details, but I doubt you will.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If we're going to remove gambling for being a bad influence to children then I think it's past time to change the rules for sexual content and how Twitch classifies "sexual content". Exposing children to content like this can corrupt their mind and make them view sex as something it's not, which in the long run can effect their future relationships.

Pretending that parents can constantly be there to watch every move a kid makes online isn't going to change the reality of the situation for most normal families who don't have time. As parents we rely on the staff…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I don't want to see ANY channel or user that I have BLOCKED on the website at all. There's nothing worse than blocking a channel because that streamer decided to verbally abuse you publicly on stream, then you block them like you should. Only to find out their twitch stream is still there reminding you that blocking or reporting them will do nothing and change nothing. They still get to appear on my account. I don't understand why this is possible, what is the point of blocking them if they still appear when I browse the streams list? Please change…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It has come to my attention a few days ago that there are many children in the asmr category. Many of them are "showing themselves". I would like someone from twitch staff to be far more active in this category to hopefully put as much as a stop as humanly possible. I am aware that it will always be an issue, but I would hope with a more active staff presence there that it may help immensely.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do I need to explain this? Do I EVEN need to explain this?

If Twitch Partners are going to abuse DMCA, then there should be some SERIOUS punishment for it. Revoke their Partnerships for anyone who blatantly abuses it and, should the case be a severe one, disallow them from re-achieving Partnership status for a length of time or even permanently (with Affiliation being either harder to attain or also permanently disallowed; again, depends on the severity of the case).

Hold the people at the top accountable. Do not let them abuse the system because it hurts people on the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Given all of the recent issues with streamers experiencing these kinds of attacks perhaps a step by step outline of how best to deal with these attacks.

Ie:
    1. Use moderator view
    2. Emote only mode
    3. Clear chat
    4. Add term(s) to automod
    5. Ban accounts involved with the attack
    6. Report were applicable
    7. Return to normal chat

Repeat as needed. (Or something better)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Essentially this idea comes in three parts.

The first: Allow the streamer to specify for themselves whether their stream can be viewed by "guests" (someone not logged into Twitch).

The second: A user who has been banned should not simply be unable to view/participate in chat. They should not be allowed to view the stream whatsoever.

The last: User banned should be IP Banned from that stream. Meaning taking 30 seconds to make a new account to simply continue with the Stream Sniping/Harassment isn't so simple to do.

Stream Sniping for us Smaller Streamers is a terrible thing. I get…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch is completely broken when it comes to copyright. We already know this with the DMCA issues users have been having, playing in game music designed for the game and still getting a strike. But there's a complete other end of the spectrum... Full length movies, TV show marathons, UFC events, WWE Pay-Per-Views.

As viewers we don't have any way of reporting this stuff to Twitch, if we try to report a channel for using copywritten content Twitch then asks us if we are the copyright holder and we should submit our own DMCA claims. Problem being we're not the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. you guys have allowed such animal abuse as to allow a creator to poison a cat in front of many people

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?