Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

625 results found

1. I'd like to do 3D videos using twin camera capture. There is a technically 3D compatible mode on most video editors, but unfortunately uses side-by-side-half mode, and though technically compatible, it's only as compatible as Red and Cyan mode, if you don't own the proper glasses, it's watchable, but it's ugly. More than a minute gives people a headache.

You tube has a 3D tag, which activates "playback conversion mode". It's natively stored as 3D side-by-side half, and can be converted to 2D and other 3D formats, so you can it in 3D in the way you currently have, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On a vertical monitor browser, theatre mode with chat on should fill the horizontal portion of the screen, shifting the chat downwards to fill the bottom right of the screen, similar to how YouTube's theatre mode fill the top portion of vertical monitor, shifting suggested videos on the right downwards. This will increase video screen estate to make it easier to view the videos.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is really bad! I can't edit this without spending forever trying to edit out all the corrupted parts of my videos every other cut. I know that you all don't have the bandwidth to re-encode every highlight that is edited but at least have it time the keyframes better. It makes vlc explode and not even mkv can play some of these files right...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The person who streams and saves the content should be able to upload it to their photo gallery In the app. It would probably help out a lot of new youtubers trying to get content for their channel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice to have a tab for clips on my following page. So we can see all clips created by everyone we follow even if they are not oline, so we don't have to open their channel and browse ever single page for their clips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It can confuse viewers that step away for the end of a stream when they come back and a rerun has started, as they have none of the UI saying that a rerun has started. Thanks! <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you please bring back reruns for small Twitch streamers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Theatre Mode when the chat is pushed off the screen by clicking the arrow, the player doesn't stretch to the bottom of the browser leaving a bit of black space at the bottom. Why not stretch the player all the way down to the bottom of the browser?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In OBS Studio and Streamlabs OBS, the streamer is able to Stream on certain Audio Tracks, and Record on certain Audio Tracks. As more and more integration with the OBS' and Twitch comes alive, this should be something that can be done. To simply put it, as a Streamer, I could put my Microphone on Audio Track 1, my Gameplay on Audio Track 2, my Music on Audio Track 3, my Voice Comms on Audio Track 4, and my OBS Alerts on Audio Track 5. Then, in the Twitch Video Player, give the Viewer the option to select which of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sometimes the chat is important for the content of the clip. But when the vod get deleted after a while, these clips are useless because the chat content isn't there anymore. My idea is to save the chat content independent of the vod.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For example in Rocket League it would be nice if you the viewer could choose which player to watch.

The twitch broadcaster could still do their usual flicking between players but I'd like the option to stay focused on one player of my choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo really helps affiliates in that their videos on demand are stored for 60 days as opposed to 14 days. However if you are a Twitch Partner under the current system you don't get any video storage benefits as you are already given 60 days VOD storage. I think it would be more than fair to give Twitch Partners who have Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo 90 days VOD Storage as opposed to 14 or 60. The additional 30 days worth of storage would give Twitch Partners a reason to pay for Twitch Prime or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sometimes there's no point in creating highlights because other people have already created awesome clips. It would be really nice to be able to add clips to collections, so relevant videos, whether highlight or clip, can be viewed together.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give us a checkbox for all kind of Videos (Uploaded, Highlights, etc.) that will make the Video just available for Subscribers. if it's unchecked, then it's available for all Viewers. This checkbox should be available in the video edit area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have my collections on Twitch in a certain order, but changing the order is very un-user-friendly, and involves essentially removing and adding a video to a collection. Please change this by allowing users to order collections like you can order videos within a collection.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow adding markers during the stream to moments that already passed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This would allow us to reference a Highlight video's original instance. Currently, there is no way to associate a highlight with its parent video/broadcast aside from the title, which is unreliable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I should be able to click a button to view the other's perspective temporarily without leaving the channel.

For example, in a FPS such as PUBG.. to make the experience more immersive for the audience, we can navigate the stream environment by jumping to another twitch streamers perspective temporarily to see things from their perspective real time for a few seconds.

It would make it very engaging without interrupting the streamer we enjoy watching.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Nachdem schon viele Streamer bereits verzögert streamen, wäre es von großem Nutzen wenn es eine Option gebe die es den Streamern(oder evtl. deren Mods) ermöglichen würde das Gesagte(Audio) auszupipsen. 
    Das könnte dann so funktionieren: 
    Wenn Jemand beispielsweise etwas unangemessenes sagen würde, könnte man diesen Shortcut drücken die ein Pop-Up Fenster öffnet. Auf diesem Fenster sehen die Streamer nun das aktuelle Bild die, die Zuschauer gerade zu sehen bekommen. Nun könnten Sie diese Stelle selbst (oder eben deren Mods) auspipsen. 
    Natürlich könnte man dann eventuell auch eine zusätzliche Option hinzufügen in diesem Fenster auch das Bild an gewissen Stellen verschwommen zu…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Place the clip button at the opposite side of the video frame than the other buttons. Most clips nowadays are a result of accidental clicks. Also, clips should be saved only if the user expressly confirms to save it.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?