Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If I make a clip there is only one button to publish the clip.

Suggestions:
    1. Abort button (I missclick sometimes and need to delete an unwanted clip manually)
    2. Save for later (If someone don't want to publish the clip yet or make it private)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I just streamed for about 6 hours. On my "Home" tab the first about 3 hours are in the video at the bottom of the page. However, only the last 3-ish hours of my stream are available in my video creator and in past broadcasts. What happened?

Also please make it easier to find tech support because this took way too long to find.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streams delete after 14 days (60 for prime) have videos go to archive and stream can choose to repost?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've noticed recently that when I am open in my stream manager and use the clip button it doesn't always work. I clipped two things from my stream last night and now they aren't appearing in my clips even though I watched it say it got clipped during the stream. Has anyone else had this problem?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We should be able to clip while and edit while Broadcasting and highlighting the Videos. i would love to review my video and clip the moments you miss as a small streamer with low views.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The only way to download clips to promote on other sites is to do it either via desktop or a link for a mobile browser. I want to be able to download a clip in the mobile app to share it to other platforms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Now that DMCA is cracking down and Twitch is saying delete all VoDs that may have music, I have over 1000. I'm not about to sit there and delete all of them one by one. How Do I do it as a bulk command?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you want to see a broadcast that already has been stopped, and you want to watch it again, the problem occurs when you can only view five broadcasts in the "Continue watching" tab. If you want to watch a broadcast that is older then the five most recent broadcast, you are out of luck.

And I don't think it would matter if it's already deleted, because chances are, it's still up. But if you really want to view an old broadcast that is still up, you gotta search and browse through thousands and thousands of broadcasts with a billion…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Some metadata available on twitch VODs are not exported : the game name, the stream language and the recording date.

You can see youtube metadata fields in this screen (even though it's in french) : https://imgur.com/a/s145uLj

The tags of the stream and the game name could be added to the video tags too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, i just started streaming on twitch and just wanted to upload some of my game play. But i realise there is a problem with the uploading part. Im not able to upload as the uploading button isnt there. I saw 1 youtube that said there is a problem with the uploading process so im unable to upload any videos. Are you able to fix the problem? Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On the old UI users could see the exact date peoples clips were made. This was removed for no reason, please bring it back. It was great for watching archived streams after seeing funny clips but I can't do that without the exact date.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Had a frustrating experience as I keep getting hits and tips to add video/clips. I incorrectly assumed I could upload a video to achieve this, but I can't since I'm not affiliate status yet. Some sort of indication on the Upload video page would be nice. I eventually found the documentation about affiliate status and uploading in an unrelated document, but I had to dig to find it.

Also there is a lot of "how-to" videos and docs on Twitch around uploading that is now out of date. Please update for better user experience, please.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is a need for Twitch to implement a native audio compression tool to every stream, that users can toggle on/off to bring the audio ranges more in line. This is already a third party tool that's available and is incredibly useful on the user end that helps boost the lower audio ranges and decrease the screams/loud sounds.
    While it can be informative to tell the streamer that certain parts of their audio is higher/lower, the user end setup can produce different perceptions. Having a native compressor tool on Twitch will alleviate that issue so that each user can get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Often, streamers have a few minutes of "starting soon" to let viewers join the channel before the actual content starts. This makes sense for live viewers, but becomes frustrating when watching VODs, as the viewer has to click around to find where the actual content starts.

It would be very helpful if we could trim from the start (and end) of VODs to improve the viewers' experience.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One would think Downloading a video would be a simple task of taking a video and downloading it. This is not the case. It needs to prepare, which takes I don't even know just how much time, since it has yet to complete for me. It shouldn't take that long. It should take a couple minutes tops to begin, even on a poor network. Ideally, it would take around 2-10 seconds. This is a massive problem for me since Twitch sings content is being removed, and I want to save some of the songs I did.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It feels like an oversight that chat replays aren't visible during reruns! My viewers have repeatedly pointed out that it's weird to watch a streamer talk with and react to a chat that isn't there.

It would be great to have the chat replay as a toggleable button in the chat window, with old replayed chat messages colored grey, so viewers could easily distinguish between the chat replay and the current live chat!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. it's a feature where you can show people who is viewing a video. I know that there is users in chat that can show the viewers but that is inaccurate for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear Twitch team,

Could you please add settings to the video player in the Twitch mobile app or web for mobile devices allowing user to increase video speed (1.25, 1.5, 2 times) of past broadcasts (VODs) as it is possible on the web for desktops?

OR

Problem on the web for desktops is that it is not possible to jump few seconds forward and backward in the video using tablet or mobile device as these devices do not have arrow keys. Could you add there into the video player an icon allowing the jump forward/backward on a "mouse" click or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would it be possible to have at the bottom the number of viewers to see how many subscribers there are on the channel?

it would also allow us to see how many subscribers there are compared to the number of people watching the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deberia haber alguna opcion basica de edicion de destacados, ya que te permite cortar un segmento en varias partes, pero no hay forma de agregar una transicion como "fade" o algo por el estilo y el destacado queda en cortes muy groseros.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?