Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We should be able to go to each other's channels and see the clips that that user has made. Or be able to search the user name in a clip menu, which will reveal all the clips made by that user.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why not split stream Videos when u change tha Game?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I've noticed some of the content creators (Like gamers for example) are moving to twitch due to censorship & demonetization against inappropriate videos. (Like gameplay videos with FPS stuff) And like me, there are some content creators who don't broadcast that much but rather upload videos/clips to twitch. So I was wondering if you can be fair to twitch uploaders by adding a second option to join twitch affiliates or partnerships for twitch uploaders. Plz add this, the twitch uploaders depend on you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. like the highlighted video opitons, let us set what games actually being played in the clip **************

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To put it simple: I'd like to stream my 1080p60 gameplay in better quality.

My guess is that everyone would like to do it.

For example: YouTube Gaming's recommended bitrate ranges from 4,500 to 9,000 kbps for 1080p60. Here we can use up to 3,100 without having fear that the stream will stutter a lot for the viewers.

Would be awesome if we could get it here as well. Along with Quality options.

As a NON-partner.

Give us a chance to grow our channels with quality from the beginning.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For now, the video section of a channel only highlight the latest ones or show them all depending on some filters.

What about having a search engine? In my case, I'm syncing over 1700 videos from a Youtube channel et on the frontend or backend of the channel there's no way to search for a specific video to, for example, modify things, check stats, etc.

Thanks for your attention

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to be able to stream and password protect it, so I can share gaming strategies with my friends, and not have that leak out.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let twitch auto change game name (and maybe title) based on what it was set on stream or info entered for uploaded videos. Vodcasts with 10th of games in one section creates mess

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Such a feature would make it easier for viewers to find what they are looking for content-wise, and for broadcasters if they need to find a pre-existing video or collection to edit or delete.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right now Twitch's interface makes uploaded videos almost invisible. In order to find uploaded videos, you either have to find them at the bottom of the search results or, when in a specific game, you need to go to a separate "uploaded" videos tab.

While I do not want to suggest specifically stealing from Youtube, I think an interface redesign needs to be considered to make uploaded videos more visible. I think that the focus should be on what's live, but that there should still be quite a bit of visibility added to the uploaded videos in both search results…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Agreed, we’re working to make discovery of uploaded videos much easier.

12. Some streamers have to delete a whole VOD just because of something that breaks TOS or because they leak something.

Maybe a command that the broadcaster can type in his chat to censor the last couple of minutes of the vod making it impossible to be clipped or re watched.
    For Example:
    a stream leaks his address.
    he can type something like /VC5 and can blackout the last 5 mins of his vod and any clips created within that time rather then go offline and delete the whole thing.

Dont know if such a thing is possible but it would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I think as with all video uploading sites, Twitch could benefit from likes, dislikes or maybe the old five star rating system. Something to help see what people like and don't like.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My video has been stuck processing for hours. I've tried multiple times to upload in Safari and Chrome and it always gets stuck processing. The video is a 1 hour stream in .flv format from OBS and is 1.8 gb. Please help

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to have closed captioned and subtitled videos. Twitch wouldn't need to have a closed captioning system, just the option to upload a CC file (i.e SubRip, SubViewer, RealText, etc) and preferably to be able to maintain the more advanced files' caption positioning.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Since today (April 20th, 2017) or maybe even a few days (haven't used the feature since Monday), whenever I want to upload a thumbnail to one of my uploaded videos, I no preview appears in the thumbnail preview windows. If I want to save the video, I get an error message saying "Missing required parameter crop_x". I didn't check if this also applies to highlights/past broadcasts, but at least on the uploaded videos this error appears no matter how often I try.

Browser: Firefox 53.0 (64 bit)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow VODS to get automatically uploaded to youtube for safe keeping as they get deleted from twitch after 60 days.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be nice for those people choosing to migrate exclusively to Twitch Uploads if they could import their videos from services like YouTube without having to reupload all of them or "start over" from scratch, especially for those with several hundred videos to bring over.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would there be a way to optimize the upload of videos from your end? It seems like both the Upload and Processing times of the new service seems greatly reduced. Also, not having a loading bar for the processing to take place is slightly irritating as someone who wants to use this feature.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users that Share Clips from streams on Social Media to Earn bits.This will entice others to use the clips feature, as well as creative more of a flood of "Twitch is a thing" advertising that we are lacking. Cheering is an amazing interactive feature that so many people participate in, lets give more people more ways to earn bits.
    -This would be a way to earn bits that is beneficial to the platform and streamers (not just Our Advertising Partners)
    -Would create a community participation effect. Someone can help the streamer in a way that is free to do…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?