Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

780 results found

1. I mean seriously, these ads have been playing since AUGUST. I can't stand the distorted music that plays at the ends of these ads, and I can literally recite the marketing that Adobe uses verbatim. I think we got the picture. "What if it took place in a white void.... no, maybe black..." It's legitimately driving me insane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please change the wording of ads on mobile (I don't know what this wording looks like on desktop haven't seen one yet).
    When an ad is playing, below the player i get a text notification that says, "USERNAME is taking an ad break; stick around to support the stream!

In my opinion, it sounds like you are blaming the streamer for running an ad.
    Please update it to something neutral like this:
    "An ad is currently playing; stick around to enjoy USERNAME'S stream!

It doesn't give much incentive to force ads on my community if they know it is me…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Get rid of this garbage allowing multiple ads. One shouldn’t have to watch 5 minutes of ads for every 5 minutes of stream because you run 7-10 ads at a time. That is ridiculous, and if it doesn’t change then Twitch deserves to go down burning. It isn’t even about the communities anymore - it’s about how Twitch can soak people more and more, it is clear that you don’t care about the viewers anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I discovered the existence of SDA not as an Affiliate, but as a viewer. I was surprised to see one of my favorite streamers running an inline ad - only to find out they were TOTALLY UNAWARE of the ad being run on their stream! After some investigation I discovered the existence of the SDA program. I like the program and I see a lot of potential for Twitch and its streamers to benefit from the program, but it is highly invasive to do this type of advertising without notifying streamers independently and prior to launch. I'm glad to see…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 最近PS5某款遊戲的廣告開頭也太嚇人了吧…?突然看到血淚的鬼面,可以理解平台需要廣告收益,但是突然就出現嚇人的廣告實在很過分耶?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ads are getting too much aggressive these days. At first they don't bug me that much because it usually plays when I enter the chat and doesn't play much in mid stream. But now it makes me less interested on watching channels that I don't have subs. It feels like I get them every 2 mins. It's like it's forcing me to buy a subscription. It's really frustrating. The platform is for entertainment but I'm getting less interested going further on watching. Also when there's an error pop up on the stream to refresh the video. Instead of streaming is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently you can only space ads AT MOST by 1 hour, but some content doesn't really lend itself well to that. The same logic applies to the initial delay just like 1 hour isn't enough, there's no way 30 minutes is enough. All this makes the manager basically unusable. Maybe an option to make the first ad shorter? I think the manager is a great idea for people like me that want to run ads but keep forgetting, but it's too rigid in its current state if your content needs to not be cut off by an ad

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One might think a banner that only slightly shrinks the screen would seem a less intrusive way of delivering ads than full-screen ads, but I'm finding them more annoying. Their frequency combined with their commonly using a white background creates a huge contrast between the often-darker backgrounds of the stream. I.e., they're an eyesore.

I suggest advertisers be required to also provide a "dark mode" version of their banner. Let viewers toggle their preferred mode in account settings and additionally provide a checkbox to toggle the mode whenever a banner ad is displayed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Estoy suscrito a canales donde me salen anuncios. No me parece bien esto puesto que cada vez que entro a un canal me toca esperar los 30 segundos y es muy molesto. No solamente soy suscriptor, sino que llevo regaladas cientos de suscripciones a otros usuarios en varios canales. Creo que con todo lo que me gasto en Twitch no deberían saltarme tantos anuncios. Me parece fatal que esto funcione así, se supone que si pagas no debería saltar publicidad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We're not Slavic and we do not speak Russian. We're Northern European people with our own culture and language. Stop forcing us to listen to Russian ads when we understand English more than we understand our own native languages (Lithuanian, Latvian).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Not an idea, why am I getting a Portuguese Nivea ad in the region of Belgium? Portugal/Brazil or any other Portuguese speaking countries aren't remotely close to my location. It's not an official language of my country, and I wasn't using a VPN. Is this a bug? Can you guys make sure ads appear in the right region with the right language? For example, my region of Flanders (Belgium) could be French, Dutch, German or English, but never Portuguese. Thanks for understanding.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is an issue with dragging the video scrub bar, it is not following the position where the finger is dragging to, tends to be very buggy.
    There is a recent problem with the mobile application as well where the vod will restart after an advertisement which is very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This happens multiple times a week: I am ending my show. I am the performer but I want to choose somewhere to raid smoothly, as a gift to my community and to the streamer. I have 20-120 viewers, so I want to make it count.

I click around to my followed channels to check out what each one is doing. Perhaps a music stream is playing games. Perhaps a vintage stream is doing a special event techno set. It's important for me to listen to what 2-8 channels are like as I am simultaneously keeping my audience engaged.

But it's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want my viewers to have the optimal experience on my channel, and not everyone can afford to support a creator. So I'd like some, if not all of the bits to go to the viewer so that they get a more positive experience. It would make it a more personal connection between streamer and viewer, and they in turn can show a bit more personal support in case they can't afford to buy bits or subs

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why are there quitting smoking ads on Twitch? I quit years ago and now everytime I see this ad, I get cravings. Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So that for instance if in my tastes i dislike, say, ed sheeran i can signal that dropping multiple ads about it in a row is hurting my experience to the point i'm leaving doing something else.
    I'm otherwise not that annoyed by the occasional ad, esp. about something new.

Feature could be made available after showing a certain count of the same ad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I been getting ad's in my stream manger as if I am not a sub to my own channel I want to know why?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could you please just listen to the viewers? literally nobody wanted you to change or likes the change you did. Please just get rid of the multiplayer ad idea completely, it removes the purpose of gifting bits. It makes it less personal. The streamer cant thank you as an individual for gifting him bits and now i cant buy tts messages like i used to. #freethebits

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?