Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

787 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Our goal is to continue to improve the ad experience to make it more rewarding for creators and less interruptive to viewers." One way of making the ads less interruptive is by putting them on top of the stream chat and (like how you do when there's more than 2 ads playing and the stream get puts on top of chat). You could also choose to add some subtitles to the now muted stream (because of the ads playing). I also think there should be a first-party adblock for those who can't afford Turbo or subscribing. [I hope this throws…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I really, really hate when these new ads change the screen size of the stream, it is incredibly intrusive. I would much prefer just a 30 second ad and then back to the stream.

If people prefer them then I disagree. I would never engage with an advertiser that so annoyingly changes my view settings.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I just got 2 ads on iPhone twitch app that was just audio. It did not interfere with the stream video, but the ad audio went over the streamer’s voice just like an video ad. The audio just ran in the corner with a small button. This is the best ad feature I’ve seen in a while. Please do not remove it anytime soon.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. i would love to see an option to set ads to the exact same time every hour. for example: every hour at X:45 there will be 120 seconds for ads, so it doesnt matter when i start or end my stream - the ads will always show up at the same time. if i start streaming at 8PM and end my stream at 11PM there will be ads at 8:45-8:47 and again 9:45-9:47 and once more at 10:45-10:47. it would be awesome if you can add this option to the ad manager, i would love to place my ad breaks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I was watching a stream for 30 seconds after watching a 30 second ad, they put FIVE MORE ADS, after 30 seconds of watching… and conveniently right after I made a comment… twitch going down hill fast

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maybe you can show the ad but give the stream at the top of the chat like webcam in watch party.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preroll-disable functionality already exists, just have hypetrains add 5 minutes to that when they start, if the counter is at zero. Add more time if level-ups extend the hypetrain duration.

If a hypetrain is going, something hype is happening, right? Who wants to come into a channel during a HYPE moment, only to get slapped in the face with a preroll instead of joining in with everyone immediately?

The preroll revenue loss would be minimal, would encourage hypetrains (so a potential positive ROI), and be a win for everyone involved; adds functionality to the hypetrain product, and shows that Twitch…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I believe there is a lot of real estate to be used for ads that is not nearly as disruptive as ones that block out the stream. What if there was an OPT-IN option for affiliates and partners for them to be able to place an "ad panel" into their about section.

This panel would have a few preset sizes (from the most common panel sizes) that the streamer could use and place amongst their other information. It is an area viewers will occasionally look for information, but it would not be blocking the actual content or covering up anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi,

I've been watching Twitch for over 10 years and I must say over the past few months I've considered moving away from the platform with the implementation of the new ads system.

Users are now forced to watch ads for several minutes every 15 minutes or so and missing out on live content that can't be watched over unless you want to miss out on the next few minutes of content by going back and reviewing the VOD. I truly think this is a poor system and needs to be reviewed.

Whenever this subject is brought up in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY LEFT TWITCH AND MOVED TO FACEBOOK GAMING DUE TO YOUR MULTIPLE ADS MONEY MAKING SCHEME, BETWEEN 3 AND 8 ADS AT A TIME IS CRAZY, GO BACK TO 1 AD OR YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE STREAMERS AND VIEWERS, INCLUDING MYSELF, WHICH WILL INCLUDE CANCELATION OF PRIME

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Much like with subscribers, a way for the streamer to disable ads for VIPs. I have friends that can't afford to sub, but I'd like for them to still be able to have an ad-free experience on my channel.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I love twitch. But when it comes down to listening to the action and having a conversation with the streamer and it is interrupted by an ad. It becomes abusive on Twitch's part. Perhaps if an ad was displayed at the bottom of the streamer's view portal (the player). that was stationary as the page was loaded in. It becomes a .jpeg. It is NOT a blockable item. I am tired of this "ad abuse" being 3 or 4 30-second ads in a row. Whats the point of even coming here to watch a stream at this point? I'd like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. remove ads for mods as we can have 100% conversation option if mods are not sub. then they do not have to wait for 4-6 commercials to hear what streamers say

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete the adobe creativity ad. At the end of the ad, the audio distorts wildly and just sounds awful lol.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. use Stream display ads instead of prerolls on live content ,keep prerolls on VODS my experience on twitch lately is that i dont go looking for new content creators much due to prerolls annoyance . you cant treat twitch like a Video on demand service you have to treat it as a live service , and you don't interrupt a live service with ads , SDAs are a great way not to interrupt the live broadcast . and midrolls controlled by the content creators as well . the issue with midrolls is that sometimes the midrolls are longer than the…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Where the black space is on Stream Display Ads, let broadcasters upload their own custom images depending on if the content is live, vod, or a rerun.

Would help with channel branding, call to actions, and clear identity of content.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. instead of relying strictly on bits and subs, why can't we get a higher ad revenue? to make up for not getting the bits and or subs? alot of streamers do not get enough subs or bits to even get enough money....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 min Werbung mitten im stream ganz ehrlich ihr könnt mich mal Twitch es macht kb mehr bei also vorm stream okay 1-2 von mir aus 3 werbungen sind okay bzw vertretbar aber wenn ich manchmal mitten im stream 11 kurz werbungen habe wo grade der streamer genau was am erzählen/machen ist macht es null Bock… meine zeit kann ich auch anders verbringen in dem ich auf YT bin oder auf prime netflix etc
    Ich hoffe ihr arbeitet mal an dem mist

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?