Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. Please fix where ads play when you raid somebody right at the start it’s honestly pretty disrespectful from twitch to allow this to happen and destroy first impressions

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Simple put, this system is poorly designed and problematic. What it creates is a system where only the larger creators will see any amount of money, due to how low of value a single bit is. The creator you show on the help page only gets 5 bucks. My problem with this feature is that it doesn't address any of the problems with regular bits, and allows for even easier abuse of the system, unless you have extra stuff in place to decide who's vote counts for bits, will mean that people could bot their stream and get a ton…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like the distributor to notify me that an ad is playing.

Sometimes I am talking to someone who is not subscribed, but the conversation is interrupted by an advertisement and I cannot get through.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Nearly everyone that uses YouTube knows about YT Premium because it can appear as an ad in an ad break or when you open the app on mobile sometimes, yet almost NO ONE knows about Twitch Turbo in comparison which is nearly identical to YT Premium. I was wondering if you could advertise Twitch Turbo in one of the randomly selected ads and/or somewhere else on the site in a sidebar ad for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. all ads sponsor with Twitch could be selective for streamers to choose and play them manually or at a time triggered. Before went on live, streamer should be able to choose and for example go to the home page top left category and select the kind of ads they want to play with. (viewers could also go to see what sponsor ads are supporting with the platform)
    Or
    ads company could create new form of ads to immerse into streamer's screen such as water mark & transparency logo flowing in a certain amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch is beginning to act like a TV-Cable company. This is not how Twitch made a community. Stop putting 5 adds in a row in a middle of a stream wich is having discussions, fun, etc, (Content, in short). This is breaking the eager to watch Twitch, as there is another platforms where you can watch with no interrupts content wich you are subscribed for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every streamer on twitch who isnt a Partner with the new revenue share, is complaining about the increase in ads lately. All of our conversations get interrupted.
    If we run ads the prerolls stop for a bit but then the viewer gets a 6 part preroll ad after the cooldown. This is pushing people off twitch because no one can subscribe to everyones channel. On top of that we are losing some of our sub revenue right? In exchange for maybe 5 bucks of ads a month?

Why cant we have ads that dont interfere with the entire screen or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You (twitch) clearly don't give a **** about it's users. I am English. I live in Eastern Ontario (Canada) STOP GIVING ME ADS IN FRENCH, GERMAN AND OTHER LANGUAGES. MY PREFERENCE IS SET FOR ENGLISH.

OBVIOUSLY THAT MEANS IM ENGLISH SPEAKING AND PREFER ENGLISH INTERFACE. WHY THE **** WOULD YOU THEN PLAY ADS IN OTHER RANDOM LANGUAGES.

You people are complete idiots that can't even get something this simple correct.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. can we not get 5 min ads breaks every 10 mins please? I Know you guys gotta pay for Bezos's rocket ship some how but getting 5 mins of ads every 10 minutes (this is not a exaggeration BTW) is a deal breaker and will make me leave to go some where else.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can Twitch please display the ads beneath the video player without the motion transition resizing the stream video to be more disability accessible for people with visual sensitivities and for people who rely on closed captioning/ subtitles?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ads without music won't be as disturbing. Also, ads which sounds like TTS give minor disturbance and attribute the stream with a level of engagement.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When looking for new streamers, it's common to interact with the streamer and ask questions, especially before subscribing. It would be great if ads were delayed after a user asks a question in chat. I was recently watching a streamer with 200-300 viewers while actively engaging with his chat. I asked a question and then as soon as he began responding, was given four ads. Personally, I see value in mitigating this. Let me know if you agree!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new Game of Thrones Dragon ad crawls onto the screen as it messes with the aspect ratio of a stream causing it to lag out, audio doubling, color balance issues, and general LAG.

I get that the ones that show up like this (not a full minimization of the stream) aren't for the benefit of the streamer, but as someone who is intending to start streaming, I'd rather not have the quality of my stream be hindered by these ads, and I'm sure if the streamers I watched knew you did this to them, they'd be insulted as well.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ich bin von allem begeistert was mir als Streamer mehr Einstellungsmöglichkeiten bietet. um so mehr, um so besser, da es alles induvidueller macht und mir als Streamer mehr Möglichkeiten bietet. Hauptsache ihr nimmt nichts wieder raus was schon da ist. Vielleicht könnte ich es ja grade gebrauchen oder irgend ein anderer Streamer vermisst sonst genau dies. Also bitte alles lieber so lassen wie es ist, bevor etwas rausgenommen wird. Ansonsten kann ich nur sagen, VIELEN DANK das ihr uns die tolle Plattform bietet macht weiter so.
    MFG UndergroundWarrior1982 (schaut gerne mal bei mir rein und lasst ein Follw da, würde…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pre-roll ads after raids were supposed to be disabled and they are not.

Many of my viewers and people coming in via raid are reporting getting ads.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Situation: Advertisements are inevitable. Revenue needs to be generated and if the consumer isn't paying out of their own pocket then someone else must. So advertisers pay money for the potential to attract customers. Stream display ads do not demand the viewers attention so they will never generate the same revenue for advertisers, meaning either more volume or that they will be combined with the ads we already hate.The Feature: Allow the viewer to choose what type of advertisements they receive, with parameters such as whether it is a followed stream, new(to the viewer) stream, and/or a specific game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I don't get why Twitch breaks there own TOS rules with Ads -- by showing *** cheeks which is against TOS -- and you ban streamers for this infraction

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently I am experiencing adverts quite frequently on streams even if I am subbed to streamers. Please can this be resolved as it is frustrating. I am even using an ad blocker because of how often adverts are on streams.

Here's some suggestions on how to improve this.

1. Please make subbing an actual perk by giving us ad free viewing. Some streamers may have this but some of us aren't so lucky.

2. Have an option to skip adverts. Youtube does this already so why can't this happen on Twitch. Having to waste around 2 minutes per ad viewing with each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A lot of gambling streamers are abusing the rules by spamming for example WWWWWWW before #ad to not show the necessary #ad on their stream title.
    If Twitch is not going to do anything about gambling streams you should at least make sure viewers know that the streamer is payed by the company to get them addicted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?