Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1136 results found

1. I see no issue with using the word "Latino" in the title of a clip. That is LITERALLY the name of an ethnicity. Please explain how that counts as "inappropriate language."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So I know this has been discussed a couple of times, but I think that's part of where my confusion is coming from. I want to know whether, as a mod or broadcaster, does banning a follower remove them from the broadcaster's follower list or not?

This page mentions that banning a user will remove them from the broadcaster's follower list: https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Managing-Harassment?language=en_US#7ChannelBans

However, in this UserVoice thread Twitch mentions that that change was rolled back: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat/suggestions/44393841-remove-the-feature-that-unfollows-banned-users

So I'm a little confused about this. I know that if the broadcaster blocks a follower, the follower gets removed from the follower list.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have been affiliated for almost a year now, and I am getting frustrated with how emotes are being rejected or approved. I seriously do NOT understand how Twitch can allow gasm emotes with drool, a hand slapping a butt, etc for so many other streamers (seemingly those that make Twitch more money than us smaller streamers) yet I have an emote that is Indiana Jones whipping a peach that is rejected and I even made my channel for mature audiences only. Obviously we all know, as adults, what my animated emote is alluding to but it is WAY less…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've noticed these bugs recently while using the platform and figured to list them all here instead of sending a ticket for each one.

--

Mobile bugs

1. When I try to redeem channel rewards, I can open the channel point menu but can't redeem anything on an affiliate's or partner's channel.
    2. Whenever I send messages, my name is displayed in black without my badges showing. I would either have to look at the streamer's chat overlay or refresh their channel page to fix it on my end along with having to use my bits.

--

Desktop (not mobile desktop)

Only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clapping your **** together (aka your genitals) should not be allowed and not wearing a top is also breaking the rule 'Emphasizing Genitals'. The streamer in question is AsianBunnyX and her floppy **** and ******* skin is showing every stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Se me ha suscripto automaticamente a un canal que ni siquiera sigo, y no veo forma de denunciar eso. Ni forma de contactarme con soporte ni nada

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ive reported somone for bullying and harrasment with the proof to match. Its been months and nothing was done. Now today this same person has leaked my personal cellphone number to his chat/stream. The vod is there. The time stamps are there. Nothing was done before so how am I to feel safe knowing it has gotten this far with no action taken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As the number of streamers who conduct simulcasting (multi streams) without prior permission or in violation of affiliate/partner agreements increases,
    Add “Simulcast Violation” to the list for efficient reporting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are some streamers I enjoy watching who are very mild in certain categories of the Content Classification (or who occasionally play a game that is in a Content Classification). To watch them, I am required to approve of watching this content classification category. However, I did not realize that once I accept it for one stream, it is accepted for all streams. Now, anytime I click on a stream, I am no longer warned about this content classification, resulting in me entering streams I am not comfortable with, and with no way to turn the warnings back on as…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. hope this message finds you well. I'm writing as a devoted Twitch user and content creator who deeply values the platform's commitment to innovation and community engagement. Over the years, Twitch has evolved into a dynamic space for content creators and viewers alike. While the platform boasts an impressive array of features, I believe there's an opportunity to further enhance the user experience through the implementation of an Advanced Livestream Statistics Dashboard.

Rationale:
    As a content creator, I am constantly seeking ways to understand and improve the performance of my livestreams. While Twitch already provides some basic analytics, an Advanced…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I really think Twitch needs to expand the sexually suggestive tags and safe for work tags. Specifically, I think this should apply to what content is recommended from the front page of Twitch for a user and in the advertisements.

I listen to my favorite streamers in public places, and I do not want to be suggested the NSFW streams for obvious reasons.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i reported a streamer for telling me to "kill yourself" live on stream, it has been at least three months, I've heard nothing back, no tickets were given for my report, there were no way for me to follow it up, nothing was done against the streamer, when i send email to the customer support, they told me to use proper channel for submitting a report, even though i explicitly stated that i had reported the channel and nothing was done.

twitch is not a safe place, the streamer can just tell you to off yourself in front of hundreds…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I believe it should be an idea to hide the channel (if that channel is streaming) from being suggested if that channel has been banned from your own channel because I banned The13thSeahawk recently from my channel yet he's being suggested by the algorithm whenever he's streaming. He has also banned me from his channel. If I clicked on his channel while I'm banned and my unban request was already used, it would tell me that I am permanently banned from his chat which would make it useless for me to visit The13thSeahawk's stream in the first place.

If implemented,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I wish there was more fair/even treatment. Had a friend who is a small streamer (affiliated) being a viewer for another small streamer (and was labeled mod) get suspended for 7 days for saying something. Was it again your "guideline" Yes, in a sense, it was out of guidelines but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the stuff I've seen Twitch allow.
    (Context clues showed that it was an inside joke between the streamer and him and was accepted by the streamer.)

It wouldn't be a big deal if treatment was across the board, but I've seen some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable full verification of a user with a mobile number and passport ID. So that it can stop people looking for and abusing the young people who stream.
    When the same user can only create a new account with a new e-mail, it does not make security very high for the young people that predators try to take into private rooms. To date I have reported many people trying this.

If safety is important for those under 18, this should be a matter of high priority. Enable that "everyone" must activate their account with a mobile number.

How many of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Kanalıma dün yayındayken bot atıldı. Tam 200 takipçi oldum bir kaç dakika sonra 1k bot basıldı kanalıma bu konuda yardımcı olmanızı umuyorum.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better enforcement of policies regarding individuals who are under suspension/ban. Anyone who commits violations to the ToS should get suspended/banned based on the offense, and if said individual commit any other violations (ban evasion, appearing on another person's account, etc.) while suspended/banned, they should automatically be hit with a permanent ban.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I just recently started streaming music in my streams. today i used twitches own download, pretzelrocks, and some of my content got cut out for copyright issues. how am i supposed to know something that is being advertised as safe to use for music has copyrighted music thrown into it? I dont think it is a very good idea to use these music companies as recommendations if copyright enforcement is going to be thrown in even though its advertised as safe to use while streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?