Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

625 results found

1. Pin "Latency To Broadcaster" that is at "Settings Cog" > Advanced > Video Stats.

This stat should be able to be seen by a viewer without keeping the entire Video Stats window up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The streaming keyboard commands would improve if updated to: "T" for teather mode (today is still ALT+T) as "F" only do fullscreen mode. And depending on the browser, if the teather mode is activated, fullscreen cant be activated (in chrome doesnt work, in the Firefox it does).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Could you please clarify this bug report? Are you saying it's not possible to change the volume lower than 25%? Thanks.

4. As an editor and channel manager, it would be extremely convenient to be able to edit Clip Titles from the Clip Manager page. As an editor, I click the "clip that" button from the Creator Dashboard extremely often. It would be so useful to be able to edit the clip titles after-the-fact, because as of now creating a clip on the fly automatically sets the title as the stream title. As you can imagine, going through 20 clips with the exact same title is time consuming.

Not only would it help as an editor, but it would also help with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

As a channel manager, do you mean streamer? If not, I definitely see the need for what you are suggesting. I want to leave your feedback on its own for further consideration (from the editor perspective), but I do have two ideas for you that I think might be worth supporting that also address the different issues you have highlighted:

- https://twitch.uservoice.com/redirect/suggestions/40125406

- http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368/suggestions/33356122

Thanks for your feedback!

5. Please fix so that the sound in vods aren't out of sync. All of my recorded vods get unsynced even though my sound is perfect and in sync while I stream. This is a clear bug and I've seen it on several channels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to request the ability to pause a video using the space bar, without having to click the video to make the window active. I multitask while watching a VOD. For example, I may be scrolling through the chat window, looking at the streamer's list of videos, or switching to other tabs while listening to the video. On YouTube, I am able to pause the video simply by hitting the space bar, no matter where my focus is on the page. However, on Twitch, I am only able to pause the video if I first actively click the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a complaint not idea I got done with a four and a half hour stream just for something completely out of twitch’s control to lose all my progress although hope hadn’t been lost yet because I had enough footage of it to make a video out of it so I looked and looked for the stream I had just ended and couldn’t find it. I then got help from discord and still couldn’t find it. Eventually I watched a 20 minute long YouTube video about how to get your vids to save to your account and the video…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Streams are at various audio levels. Especially during raids, we have all had the experience of being jarred by jumping into a super loud channel after being in a quieter one.

In the dreamy streamy future, it would be wonderful to (optionally?) crossfade from stream to stream, but that would be super difficult.

But having the volume start at 0 and fade up gradually to the intended level would be great. (Both on the app and in the browser.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please, put the bar to increase and decrease the volume using the mouse scroll without having to click.
    This avoids the need to click and drag to adjust the volume.
    On youtube it works like this and makes it very easy when you need to change the volume.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If streamer has the option to publish VODs, we need to be able to play VODs which are currently in progress without stopping at the end of the progress bar.

This will help viewers and moderators watch a cleaner near real-time stream of the VOD, using the streamer selected VOD Track layers in OBS.

This can be adjusted by the streamer so the VOD contains only the game audio and not the streamer yelling their lungs out, Text-To-Speech, music, or alerts..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto-generated subtitles for every stream a-la Youtube auto-generated ones

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Streamers currently will at times have many viewers clip similar timeframes of a stream, i.e. viewer 1 clips 15:34-15:44, viewer 2 clips 15:37-16:04, viewer 3 clips 15:27-15:35, etc. These clips could be composited into one clip of 15:27-16:04.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am using a translator for korea

translation:
    Currently, VOD function is too weak on Twitch. From now on, I hope that the
    VOD function uploads VOD to my followers and the alarm goes on. Also, I hope you can write a comment there and sponsor it through the beat. If you add these additional functions, I think you need a new commercial action in this way, such as which video had advertising revenue through VOD analysis, and how much you received if you had a bit sponsorship function above.

original:
    현재 트위치에서는 VOD기능이 너무 쇠약합니다. 앞으로 저는 VOD기능에서 팔로워들에게…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch never shows the actual amount of people in the stream, it always drops and rises when nobody has joined or left and it’s making it difficult to get affiliated because even though there’s more than enough people watching at once it only shows 1 or 2 people watching

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It seems a lot creators play more than one Game per Stream. But it's just possible to tag the VOD in 1 categorie, even maybe streamed in 2 or 3. And even if they change the category while streaming, the VOD will have just 1 category.
    So if users search in the 2., they will not see the VOD even the creator streamed that game too.

That's bad for the creators who miss potential new followers and bad for the viewers who maybe miss a good stream.

If I search for VODs in a category, I wanna see all fitting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If someone wants to watch a past VOD and it's been past 60 days or more, it's usually deleted. But, we can change that by letting streamers/creators have an option. When a VOD gets deleted there should be a trashcan/uploading feature on whether they want to delete this VOD or let it be uploaded again for another 60 days.

Or, if that's too much for the streamers to deal with; then there should be an option where chatters can easily vote JUST for themselves if they want to see this VOD again or not, they can also go back and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi!! when making clips on twitch, there's always seem to be this issue where the player will not load the slider bar for editing correctly, which entails refreshing the page over and over again till it finally gives the ability to edit and publish a clip. there's been instances where its taken 4 mins and 10+ refreshes to finally do one clip and so it kind of hinders clip gathering due to the frustration while also making way for excess duplicate clipping

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am not an affiliate, but the VOD settings tell me that my videos will save for 14 days. I've found that this has been changed to 7 days. Please update the VOD menu so that this change is accurate. It's been incorrect for almost 6 months now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Jeres clipmaker, vil kun poste 30 sekunders klip - Når jeg vil lave et klip, så står der:"Øv, noget gik galt.". Jeg har forsøgt op til flere gange, og det vil ikke virke, som det skal. Det er fra den her VOD, at jeg har forsøgt at lave klip fra: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1727099503

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've been using Twitch since 2018 and clipping has always been a bit glitchy. Recently something new has happened which makes the feature really difficult to use conveniently.

I'm getting these error messages on the daily that tend to last for an hour after attempting to create clips.

In the Clip creator after selecting the time to create the clip:
    "Whoops. Something went wrong."

Then when attempting to delete the clip that didn't get clipped correctly:
    "There was a problem deleting this clip."

This happens independently in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to matter which streamer it…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?