Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. I'd like the ability to Edit or Delete Markers from "Highlights" when viewing the video.

• Thank You
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. a saved log of the chat during re-runs, a lot of people don't seem to notice it's a re-run and comment in chat anyway, unless I have the browser open I don't see the response, would like to look through to see if there are people to respond to or block

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you are timed out in chat for something like spamming one too many emotes or too many characters in chat and the bots give you 2-10 minute timeout, you are unable to clip anything from the channel whatsoever. I think that is very unfair because when you want to clip something but have 5 minutes left in the ban it's very infuriating. I can see if someone permabanned you from chat, that would make sense why you wouldn't be able to clip anything but even that's a bit harsh. Why let the viewer watch if you won't even let…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think the navigation of vods is pretty tedious. It would greatly benefit from a more user friendly interaction. The Android app has buttons to revert 10 seconds or skip 30 seconds. This is great, however these buttons aren't accessible enough due to being to small. As Fitts's UI design Law teaches us, the accessibility can be increased by increasing the size of the button. The way YouTube does it is splendid. The left half of the screen is used to navigate backwards and the right to navigate forwards. Then, by simply double tapping in the respective region the user…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the video highlighter is great and so are stream markers but some highlights are short, can we get the clip button on the video player in highlighter?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it would be amazing to have a snappy instant replay option whereby, with the touch of a button we could have a pop-up overlay which could be set to play back the last 5-15 seconds (or however much time deemed optimal by the community) of action with playback control.

Clips are a great feature and definitely have their place like when a streamer asks us to clip something or we just want to highlight and share something with chat, but they do take us away from live action by opening in a new tab.

Most of the time…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For the collections that I have made so far, I think it makes sense for the most recent videos to be at the beginning of the collection. Whenever I add a video however, that video is added at the end. It is very inconvenient and time consuming to move large amounts of videos to the top of the list by dragging them.
    It would be nice if the default behavior could be changed to add videos to the beginning. Or perhaps an option to sort a collection chronologically ascending/descending... Or perhaps an option to move a video to the top…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I really love the Highlight editor, it's been working better for me than most desktop programs designed for the same thing.

I would like to be able to use it also for published highlights, as there are times when on later rewatching an old highlight I can think of ways to improve the cut - currently I can only edit the details of a published video, or download it for editing on my computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. when i finish the stream, i looked at the video format and i have 15 videos from 1 stream. It also cuts my stream of early on the videos, so when i do an outro and end the stream, on the video its 5 mins behind and ends before i do an outro!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. everytime i export my past stream to youtube the quality goes down to 720p and I have my twitch stream at 1080p

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The current error message on the Clip Creation Page is not helpful at all. It is a frustrating waste of time/effort to spend a couple minutes trimming a clip, rewatching it, and titling it only to receive this error that provides zero insight into why it occurred or how to fix it. This creates friction for viewers who want to create clips but may encounter this error and not attempt to create future clips. Screenshot https://gyazo.com/a8a9f9857d6ca104be5e9b89d2f402d2

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be a lot easier to export videos to YouTube if collections could be exported to specific YouTube playlists

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When playing a video in a collection on mobile, the "up next" should be the next video in the collection, not a random one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, unnamed clips default to the stream title making lots of clips the same exact title. These clips remain unwatched most of the time, and are usually painstakingly removed by hand by the streamer.

Making it required to give the clip a name before it is saved would cut back on junk clips.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A feature that would show the intensity of clips made throughout the VOD, for example by color-coding it on the progress bar. This could be useful if one wants to find the most exciting parts of a VOD, or make clips.

In more detail, if many clips were created an hour into the VOD, the progress bar would be red in that area while the surrounding would be yellow/green.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I miss checkmarks for highlights, so several highlights can be added at once to a collection.
    Also with checkmarks, set the category of the highlight.

Because PS4 streams often do not properly translate the category properly and you have to manually edit them game in the video producer.

Oh and memory on Firefox! My stream highlights (10 videos) are residual in my Firefox RAM and currently snack 12GB RAM (of 32GB).

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you have a Collection, you are able to click into it to view all of the highlights that are in that Collection. There should be a way to download all clips from this page. Or at the very least when I click the Ellipsis (...) next to each clip, I should be able to individually download them from this page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be awesome if there could be a "TV" mode where you can pick and setup a custom list of streams to pull up and it would auto cycle them based on either time or priority of who was live. Chat would auto switch to whatever channel that you're currently on and if someone went live that was as higher priority, it would automatically put them on.

Beyond that, it would be nice to have the list of channels that were live and be able to override the priority setting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now you can only link one YouTube account this works for some people but I do many different streams and I want to be able to export my Podcasts to my podcast channel and games to my gaming channel without having to disconnect and reconnect everytime I want to export different videos to different channels.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?