Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello, I believe a better suggestion would be for viewers to be able to see the twitch chat while watching vods.

I belive what makes twitch, twitch, and not something like youtube, is be able to see and participate in chat.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to have the ability to enable an option where new viewers to a stream can see previous messages posted in chat. There are times when viewers may come into a chat, but have no context, with what the streamer is discussing as they are unable to see previous messages in chat. There are also times where regular viewers may have to temporarily leave the stream, but then when they return only a little bit later, they are unable to see what was previously posted in chat. I know other streaming services, such as YouTube and Mixer, by…

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I think it would be beneficial to allow mods to highlight messages in chat without the use of channel points, to allow them to broadcast messages to the chat an unlimited amount of times. Another related idea is mods being able to pin a message at the top of chat, in a similar position to the hype train. These could work as "/broadcast (message)"

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think just like partners affiliates should get a badge too. Not the verified symbol but its own personal symbol

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see an option for moderators and broadcaster to be able to mention everybody that is in the chat. It would be nice to be able to get the whole chats attention as a moderator, sometimes it seems that moderators messages can get drowned out in a chat.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Getting a constant "Welcome to the chat room" message and not being able to interact with my chat as well as any other streamers is getting old. This issue has been around for 7 years at the least. It should be fixed by now

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I frequent a twitch channel that has been harassed by a troll persistently for the past 2-3 months. This troll has been evading chat bans by creating multiple accounts.

Recently, when the troll is banned from the chat, he's begun to use the tactic of whispering to other people in the chat room in order to harass them...some of these viewers are even foolish enough to pass on insults from the troll to the broadcaster.

The channel regulars know better than to respond to this troll, and ignore him, but the fact that the troll can still whisper other viewers…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Similar to Twitter, so when you click on a user's name in chat you will see:

• A "follows you" tag so you know if they are following you, if you happen to see them in another channel's chat

• An option to view "channels you both follow" so you know if you have any other channels in common

People often say they see similar names in other chats and it would be really useful to know what channels/interests you share with other Twitch users.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently there's MANY sub badge tiers, and in most cases streamers are forced to make them look like some sort of "progression" because they change as the sub changes. This often results in a large portion of chat (the longtime subs) all having the one same "final" badge.

The idea here is to remove that uniformity and no longer force creators to make their badges progression-based. Simply add a per-channel badge selector for subscribed channels that allows the user to select from all badges earned up to that point.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Moderators of a channel have access to highlighted chat messages without the cost of channel points.
    this could have big impact in chats as moderator would be able to get a message across to either the chat or the streamer with ease without it being lost in a sea of messages.
    this could also be a fetuare the streamer could disable/enable if they dont want moderators to have access to free highlighhted messages.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to turn on a notification sound for new messages in channels you are in, but you are tabbed out. It could be set to: notify about every message, notify about friend message, do not notify about new messages. The sound could be a simple BLIP sound.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My idea is to enable moderator badges to change colors as they want it to be not just the ordinary green colored mod badge.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This is similar to the idea of banning abusive troll users at a certain IP address, https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat-messaging/suggestions/7956255-ip-ban-from-channel.

In that request, a Twitch dev gave the following reasons for why such a ban would be hard to implement:

1. IPs change. A lot. A broadcaster might lose a significant portion of their audience, and viewers might get confused if there are a lot of banned IPs (such as universities).

2. System load. Looking up a enormous list of IPs to see who is allowed to watch on every single video play is an enormous system load I’m not sure we’re willing to…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am a moderator of a Twitch channel which regularly has more than 1000 spectators. When we want to convey a message to viewers, it is often difficult to read...
    I propose to add a new feature to moderators so that they can display a visible banner of all (as, for example, that of bits donations).
    Thanks in advance.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sometimes you need to post information to your channel that is best viewed when its multiline, like a table with header and rows, list of items or some mini-report from the channel bot.

Since IRC can't use CRLF in messages, I suggest adding a way for channel mods (avoids abuse) to use a special symbol (or double-space as in markdown) that would visually act as a line break.

That way it would be possible for mods (users and bots) to post quick summaries to the channel that are easy to read and do not require several posts to make it…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When actively chatting or just lurking with a stream in the background, I often miss when I receive a whisper. Please add the option for a notification sound when I receive a whisper

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to hide the Mod Badge/ Sword from view.

This is especially important for communities that are on the smaller side where new viewers may be intimidated by the amount of mods with their badge chatting.

It also allows certain moderators to mod anonymously.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?