Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Getting a constant "Welcome to the chat room" message and not being able to interact with my chat as well as any other streamers is getting old. This issue has been around for 7 years at the least. It should be fixed by now

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For over a year now, many users have to reload the Twitch page to see new whisper.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There is a bug I've seen a few dozen times where a user will be banned in a channel without ever having talked in it or, more importantly, without a record of a ban occurring from any moderators. These bans are always on 7/25/2019, at 4:39 PM, and are often done by someone who wasn't a moderator of the channel at the time. Unbanning these users works as normal, but they need to request an unban or we can't fix anything - meaning we have no idea how widespread this issue is.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I’ve begun building an interactive intermission application for use on Twitch. Yesterday, the application was working fine.

Today I woke up and chat messages sent via IRC are not visible to users in real time.

Any messages sent by my application show up as past messages when a new user enters the chat, but no messages sent will appear in real time – they only update if the user re-enters the chat by reloading or opening the chat in a new window.

For example, if the bot sends a consecutive integer every second. User 1 joins 10 seconds after the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Depois de raids eu vou para o chat de outra live, até aí tudo bem. Mas então quando falo no chat, a minha mensagem só aparece para mim, não aparece pro streamer e nem pros viewers dele. Se puderem fazer alguma coisa sobre isso, eu agradeço.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When a user clicks a link in chat.

Where the link is written as

words and stuff cohh.tv/store other words and stuff

A user in the Twitch app will click that and is redirected/sent to http://cohh.tv/store/

Which results in an error page on android

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415088605837393931/767743175707197500/Screenshot_20201019-153309_Twitch.jpg

Links in chat in the App should default to https:// to avoid this issue. For links in chat that don't include a schema in the text/chat message

(I was sure I heard this bug had been fixed but it has reoccured/reported today)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Click on the "Click to reply" button on a message in chat (in browser) ->
    Write a reply ->
    The message to which you are replying is removed before you send the reply ->
    Message is removed from chat ->
    Send reply ->
    The removed message is still (partially) visible in the reply, in the "replying to" header

This may not be the desired behavior. The reply should not (partially) show the deleted message but rather "replying to a deleted message" or similar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When the connection is lost for a considerable time, when reconnecting, a button can be pressed to reload the transmission but the chat keep frozen. The quick solution is to close the chat and open it after a few seconds, but it would be good if the reconnection is detected and the chat reconnects automatically as when the connection is lost for a few seconds.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, this is a very minor bug but it confused me for a bit.
    I was trying to get all of twitch's global emotes using v5 api and emoteset 0, everything seemed fine but I've noticed that this emote [oO](|.)[oO] (regex of course- might want to mention it somewhere in docs) that should match either o.o or oo only shows the emote when typing o_o on browser chat for some reason. I can confirm o.o does work on the official android app though. This is very minor and not exactly related to dev but you might still want…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If we fast forward the video then chat history should be retained i.e. from beginning of the video till the forwarded time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. During the beginning of my stream (and likely during?) the user list and viewer count seem to be way off. It says there are only like 2 people in chat, but I see at least 7 or 8 different names chatting in chat. (So viewer count should be 7 or 8 and not "0".) It seems to take a minute or so to become accurate. How is it not realtime? Are viewer count and "users in chat" not handled through web sockets or something similar? Anyway I think everyone would love it if the accuracy of both was improved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scrolling up using the scrollbar next to chat does not suspend autoscroll.
    The only way to suspend autoscroll seems to be to use the physical scroll wheel.
    Both firefox and chrome have the problem.

see also: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat/suggestions/43026066-chat-auto-scroll-stop-for-touchscreen-input

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. These unicodes are not invisible or zalgo and used for TTS, so yeah.

􃎜 􃎜 􃎜 􃎜 􃉐 􃎜 􃎜

so from 1061745 to decimal unicode 1061864

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Smile icons shown with bugs or not shown at all with cyrillic languages (russian) with mobile App (Android/Apple).
    Please fix asap, this bug appeared for 2 months already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Since a few days, I noticed my chat input box has additional scroll buttons that overlays the emoticon button. I have uploaded a small screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/GmtufMp. This only seems to show when my zoom level in chrome is 100% or lower. When zooming at 110% or above the buttons disappear.

Windows 10, Chrome 94.0.4606.61, 2560x1440

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?