Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

3,589 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

196 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This would mean that bots such as Streamlabs and Moobot won’t have to be gifted subs to use emotes.

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice to have a birthday badge for birthdays to indicate for streamers to say birthday to them , they should get a free emote and a badge maybe a free sub if possible

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Due to an extremely large amount of streamers getting trolled to the point they no longer want to stream, I feel that if someone gets banned/blocked from a streamers chat then they should no longer be able to even view the stream. When the troll types the streamers name into the search bar then that streamers name should not appear, just like how it works on any other site. Allowing the troll to view the stream can still cause stream sniping and other things that gives the troll the incentive to troll and harass even further. Im speaking from experience…

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Everyone knows that bots have been taking a real hassle on streamers lately. If there was a way to combat it like making it so they had to verify their email it would help a bunch of streamers. ( not to mention they have a setting under moderation under chat - verified email chat only ) why not make that setting also mean following be the same.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be beneficial to allow mods to highlight messages in chat without the use of channel points, to allow them to broadcast messages to the chat an unlimited amount of times. Another related idea is mods being able to pin a message at the top of chat, in a similar position to the hype train. These could work as "/broadcast (message)"

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The tech is already there to restrict people from watching sub only streams, why not work with it to restrict people who are banned in the same manner?

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a follow button to the in chat user interface. We now have the ability as a streamer or viewer to add friends, whisper, gift sub, see previous messages etc. but no ability to follow directly from chat. It would save multiple clips and the additional need of opening another tab. Personally I have other streamers come into my chat and I want to follow them right then while I'm live.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To turn on or off the timestamp for chatmessages is a great feature but, it's very annoying you can't select 24 hours format. Please add an option to select between 12 and 24 hour time format.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. An idea that would help streamers control chat from back seating when playing puzzle games.

Allowing mods to put singular users into emote only mode if repeat offenders.

Allowing extra blacklisted words and phrases to be activated when only in this mode. (blacklisting things like 'the other way' 'wrong shape' ect ect.. for aslong as the mode is active.

Adding a banner somewhere in chat or overlay somewhere letting users know anti-backseat mode is active and not to do it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The same way you can blacklist and whitelist terms in the chat, it would be useful to be able to whitelist links in the chat. Using a bot for this is not ideal because the links is deleted by the bot and still visible to users with extensions. Messages with links should not be sent at all and some links/domains should be whitelistable

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think it would be a great idea if the broadcaster had the opportunity to pin a single message to the top of the chat. In case there was an announcement that many may have missed, or if someone just had a great comment in chat that the streamer believes need to be seen by everyone who joins!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need a short way to disable inbound raids for a nominated number of minutes.
    Proposed use-case: Im streaming and I know I will end in say 10 mins. It benefits no-one if a raid-in occurs during that last10 mins. Being able to issue a short command to temporarily disable Allow raids would be quite utility in nature
    At the end of the time specified the raid settings as per channel settings would be restored

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Many of us on twitch are multilingual so being able to add multiple language tags would be a great way to reach a wider audience and to reach people learning languages too!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Chat badge for how long you’ve been with Twitch I think it would be a neat feature for users to earn a chat badge for a specific amount of the time that they have been on Twitch.

In my opinion, a 5-year badge would be appropriate for this feature (i.e. If I created my account in 2011, I would earn a badge in 2016).
    There can be a 1-year badge, 3-year badge, 5-year badge, 5+-year badge and then a Twitch founder badge for people that have created their accounts in 2011

This would also be a great way of…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I’m native Japanese speaker, and like to watch English streams. I watched some streamers who have many fans, so I know that they have put command in Nightbot about language spoken in chat. They ask chat to speak English.
    I can understand why they asking that. Various languages spoken in chat which they can’t understand may bother them.
    So the mods usually delete the messages which are not English whatever the messages mean. Even the messages are not bad comment, it get deleted because the mods don’t care what it means. One English comment said “not English comments are same…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For example: After cheering 1000 bits, a user has the option to show a 1 bit, 100 bits or 1000 bits badge.

Similarly, if possible, it would be great if something similar could be done with sub badges. This would mainly be for color-matching purposes with other badges and/or the nick color.

The hover-over could still show the total amount of subbed months as it does now.

As for the customization menu: this could possibly be combined with other suggestions to allow people to choose to show their Founder badge, on a per-channel basis.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Deafult channel points reward that gives you the power of posting a texted message while the chat is in emote-only chat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?