Let chants be optional instead of removing them
I know Twitch says the feature seemed to cause a decrease in viewership during their testing, but there are so many other factors that can affect that and many streamers who got to try out the chant feature really enjoyed it. I think it’d be better to make it an optional feature rather than remove it entirely, and let people decide on their own if it works for their channel.
Hola buenas. acá le dejo 10 ideas, para poder mejorar el chat de Twitch. Saludos
1. Agregar más opciones de moderación para los streamers, como silenciar usuarios por minutos/horas, bloquear palabras clave, etc.
2. Mejorar la integración con otras plataformas de redes sociales, para que los usuarios puedan vincular sus cuentas e importar sus amigos.
3.Agrega stickers, emojis y GIF para que los espectadores puedan expresarse mejor en el chat.
4.Permitir crear canales de chat separados para subs, mods, seguidores, etc. Así se podría tener conversaciones más organizadas.
5. Implementar un sistema de reputación para recompensar a los usuarios que contribuyen de forma positiva al chat.
6. Habilitar Whispers (mensajes privados) entre espectadores para conversaciones 1 a 1.
7. Agregar juegos simples en el chat, como trivias, votaciones, etc. para mantener entretenidos a los espectadores durante las transmisiones.
8. Permitir crear salas de chat de voz para que los espectadores puedan conversar por audio con los streamers.
9. Integración con servicios de traducción para traducir chats a diferentes idiomas en tiempo real.
10. Desarrollar una aplicación móvil oficial de Twitch que replica la experiencia del chat en los dispositivos iOS y Android.
I have been on Twitch since 2015 and Chants have been by far the most fun addition ever done to the site, saying this as a viewer and as a mod of a medium size channel. All I want for Christmas is for this feature to return, so many people really miss the hyped and funny moments Chants created so please consider adding it back.
Bumping on this thread as it has been some time, some communities I moderate for still wish for the return of Chant based moments. Allowing it to be an Opt-In feature would work for both perspective of streamers that find their mods are too toxic with it which was a mentioned pain point of the feature as well as for those that still want it and don't mind some mod toxicity.
If the toxic mod in question is too much, the streamer can then Opt out of the feature in their channel settings to disable chants and thus punish said mods.
I am a mod on a communitty who really loved Chants. In fact, twitch said that it affected negatively on the viewership but we have lost interactions and viewership because of chant's removal
This was a great feature, made no sense to take it away. make it optional for the streamer to turn it off or on, and who can use It, streamer only or mods included. it was a great feature to keep the chat alive and have the lurkers involved.
Can I vote again?
Please bring back chants, was the best about twitch *sad*
Chants helped chat and streamers to generate interactions, encouraged lurkers to interact with the community and were extremely positive to generate engagement and hype between the viewers and the mods
Chants are amazing for small creators to have fun and engage with the chat!! PLEASE KEEP THEM!!
It definitely doesn't seem reasonable to shut off a feature that streamers/mods can choose to use or not anyway because of tests on a small number of users/communities.
I agree with this, chants have always been a great addition for our community and encourage many lurkers and first time chatters to participate in the chat more frequently
I enjoyed using chants in music channel to sing along with everyone.
I can see how they could be annoying for some but not EVERYONE hates chants. Literally all you need to do is make it an option a streamer can toggle for their channel, or select who can start chants ("mods&streamer" or "streamer only").
I love the chants. DO NOT remove them @Twitch.
@genghiskon83 told me to vote
Let streamers decide what WE want in our OWN communities! Twitch literally can't exist without the streamers, but never listens to what we want.
I didn't even get to see this in action anywhere. I feel like this feature had too small of a sample size for testing. Would love to see more of it.
/chant KEEP CHANTS ACTIVE!
Chants are one of my favorite elements of creator's streams, please make them optional 🙏
How hard is it to keep the features people clearly want?