Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. As a Minecraft streamer, the Minecraft community recently with servers like QSMP bridging different speaking language communities with live translation, there are a lot of different communities crossing paths for the first time! The only issue is, many streamers (including myself) only speak 1 language, and the mods also speak one language, so any messages of other languages get deleted, as the streamer can't read them and the mods can't moderate them, so it would be AWESOME to be able to be able to see a live translation in chat! This could work by each individual person setting their preferential…

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Live Chat translation. I understand there is a variety of languages out there that people speak and only certain channels will allow x amount of languages due to chat moderation and such. But it would be a cool feature for mods to be able to use or for chat users/streamers to be able to interact with the community more! Instead of just saying we don’t allow that language or so the user doesn’t have to translate it using a 3rd party app. Ik there is extensions you can use but would be nice feature for twitch to have. Amazon did…

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When someone does a shoutout and it appears on a streamer's dashboard that they were shouted out on, it would be amazing if we could click on that dashboard request and jump to that part of their vod automatically. Sometimes, someone shouts us out and we are not on Twitch at the time. It would be very helpful to see what they said and to check them out. This is particularly useful if we have not been introduced before.

This could also be helpful to go back in after people raid as well to make clipping easier if the reaction…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,

My suggestion involves a small rework of the current broadcast time (stream uptime). I think it would be nice to separate it by category and then display the total uptime, for example:

[Game Icon] 1:30:00 [Game Icon] 1:00:00 [Total] 2:30:00

It doesn't necessarily have to be shown directly on the stream interface; it could be displayed as a tooltip on mouse hover or when clicked. This way, viewers could see how much time the streamer has been playing or doing activities in a specific category.

I have created an example image for reference (tooltip on mouse hover)
    https://i.imgur.com/9gBMtci.png

Apologies…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a new "Raid message" field as part of the "Edit Stream Info" area. If filled out and saved, activate a new button on the landing page for the raided streamer so that raiders can click it to paste the message into chat and immediately send it with one tap. Include this button for the streamer as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement hiding of channel emotes in emote selector and/or ability to reorder them. We are subbed/gift subbed to many channels and bloating the emote selector. This allows users to hide unused channels or reorder them to reduce time it takes looking for emotes and improving chat experience by not missing a moment to respond due to looking for emotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I know Twitch says the feature seemed to cause a decrease in viewership during their testing, but there are so many other factors that can affect that and many streamers who got to try out the chant feature really enjoyed it. I think it’d be better to make it an optional feature rather than remove it entirely, and let people decide on their own if it works for their channel.

586 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Community Invites💡 : Interaktion steigern auf Twitch!

Hallo liebe Twitch-Community,

ich hoffe, es geht euch allen gut! Hier ist Claus, aka p2zee, und ich möchte eine neue Idee für unsere Lieblings-Streaming-Plattform mit euch teilen.

Was haltet ihr von der Idee, dass Zuschauer ihre Freunde direkt über den Chat zum Stream einladen können? Stellt euch vor, ihr gebt einfach /invite [Freundesname] ein, und schon bekommt euer Freund eine private Nachricht, dass ihr ihn zum Stream eingeladen habt! Das könnte nicht nur die Interaktion verbessern, sondern auch für mehr Freude auf der Plattform sorgen.

Mehr eingeladene Freunde bedeuten mehr Leute auf Twitch,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Streamer can start Q&A session, then viewers can enter their questions for the streamer to answer, then streamer can stop Q&A session and viewers can no longer enter questions into it.
    Viewers can choose if they want to send question anonymously, streamer can choose if to allow anonymous questions or have anonymous only or with names only.
    Sort questions, delete questions, mark questions as answered, mark/pin the question being currently answered/display it on stream, upvote questions by mods/vips/subs/followers (streamer chooses what to allow), set how many questions each viewer is allowed to ask.

Youtube has this feature, can we have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I suggest to create a setting for pinned messages to get unpinned if the categorie changes.

Often pinned messages are only relevant while the stream is in a specific categorie.
    A setting to account for that and make it possible would make moderating easier. This would be a great feature especially in big streams on channels which sometimes change their categories.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think there should be a way to post these permanently unless removed by the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I block someone, either a streamer or a chatter. I don't want to see them anymore. I don't want to see them on my recommended channels list. I don't want to see them on the category I view at all. I don't want to see them in chat. I don't want to see any communication from them.

Make the blocking feature actually work please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you raid another channel, viewers have the option to leave the raid. Sometimes they never have the option to raid out and are left behind, or maybe saw the channel was live in a directory and joined to an offline channel with no idea where they raided. The burden is left on the streamer or moderators to ensure the channel is linked in chat to notify anyone who missed out.

My request is to add UI that shows the channel that was recently, successfully raided to along with a clickable link. It can look like one of the existing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is more of a user-experience change, though I was unable to find a category for it. I'm also including that as a suggestion because it provides context.

Suggestion: If multiple twitch channels are open, and I receive a push notification for a whisper/message and I close the message on one tab, it should send a push to the other tabs to close that message on those channels as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

4,083 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. What I would like to see is having the option under the section known as "Featured Clips we think you'll like (which I don't), & from smaller communities: The option is to be able to select the ability to say "not interested" in said clip from either one; My reasons is that on every occasion I've seen from the thumbnail it's clips I have absolutely no interest in watching what so ever. Either because their clips from games, chats, speed runs / challenges on said game I have no interest in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add chat on Twitch app on Nintendo Switch consoles consoles to be able to communicate with live streamers and other people on chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am displeased with the trolls in the chat section of a popular streamer.
    They are characterized by using ASCII art and a barrage of the same words, appearing on multiple lines.
    Therefore, I would like the option to display only the first line of a multi-line statement.
    This option would hopefully minimize the impact of the chat trolls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a twitch API endpoint for setting /restrict [user]. We can use PubSub for subscribing to the events and we can check suspicious user status. But there isn't currently as far as i can tell a documented a way to set restricted mode outside of chat message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?