Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

4,081 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to have a birthday badge for birthdays to indicate for streamers to say birthday to them , they should get a free emote and a badge maybe a free sub if possible

647 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I know Twitch says the feature seemed to cause a decrease in viewership during their testing, but there are so many other factors that can affect that and many streamers who got to try out the chant feature really enjoyed it. I think it’d be better to make it an optional feature rather than remove it entirely, and let people decide on their own if it works for their channel.

585 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

318 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello, I believe a better suggestion would be for viewers to be able to see the twitch chat while watching vods.

I belive what makes twitch, twitch, and not something like youtube, is be able to see and participate in chat.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As a Minecraft streamer, the Minecraft community recently with servers like QSMP bridging different speaking language communities with live translation, there are a lot of different communities crossing paths for the first time! The only issue is, many streamers (including myself) only speak 1 language, and the mods also speak one language, so any messages of other languages get deleted, as the streamer can't read them and the mods can't moderate them, so it would be AWESOME to be able to be able to see a live translation in chat! This could work by each individual person setting their preferential…

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Live Chat translation. I understand there is a variety of languages out there that people speak and only certain channels will allow x amount of languages due to chat moderation and such. But it would be a cool feature for mods to be able to use or for chat users/streamers to be able to interact with the community more! Instead of just saying we don’t allow that language or so the user doesn’t have to translate it using a 3rd party app. Ik there is extensions you can use but would be nice feature for twitch to have. Amazon did…

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to turn on a notification sound for new messages in channels you are in, but you are tabbed out. It could be set to: notify about every message, notify about friend message, do not notify about new messages. The sound could be a simple BLIP sound.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sometimes you need to post information to your channel that is best viewed when its multiline, like a table with header and rows, list of items or some mini-report from the channel bot.

Since IRC can't use CRLF in messages, I suggest adding a way for channel mods (avoids abuse) to use a special symbol (or double-space as in markdown) that would visually act as a line break.

That way it would be possible for mods (users and bots) to post quick summaries to the channel that are easy to read and do not require several posts to make it…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to @mod so everyone who is a mod gets to see the message and not just the one the persons @'ts

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Being able to add slowmode to a specific person. If there's no reason to time them out or outright ban, making it so they can't spam every second. Can slow them down from behind the scenes!

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am a moderator of a Twitch channel which regularly has more than 1000 spectators. When we want to convey a message to viewers, it is often difficult to read...
    I propose to add a new feature to moderators so that they can display a visible banner of all (as, for example, that of bits donations).
    Thanks in advance.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There have been many times where a follower in chat has asked to be called a certain name, other than their Twitch username. If there is a way that the streamer can assign a nickname to a person in chat, that only the streamer can see, I think that would be helpful and a way to connect even better with regular viewers.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the option to have chat on the left side of the window and the other options like the search bar and the friends list on the right side. Reason being that with dual monitor setups, if I'm playing a game on my left monitor, the chat is much farther away from my line of vision, reducing the ability to mod effectively

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Possibility to send a request to friends or other streamers which are streaming together to merge their chat together while they are streaming together so viewers can chat to both streamers without having to have multiple chats/streams open.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An idea that would help streamers control chat from back seating when playing puzzle games.

Allowing mods to put singular users into emote only mode if repeat offenders.

Allowing extra blacklisted words and phrases to be activated when only in this mode. (blacklisting things like 'the other way' 'wrong shape' ect ect.. for aslong as the mode is active.

Adding a banner somewhere in chat or overlay somewhere letting users know anti-backseat mode is active and not to do it.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The way restricting users are as they are informs the restricted user they're being restricted. If the idea is to prevent them from making another account to get around it it's probably best not to immediately tell them that they're being restricted in the first place. It would be so much handier to have someone's messages be privately seen only by the moderators before they can deduce whether someone is a repeat offender or not and lift said restriction when they come to a conclusion. Sort of like a shadow mute feature of sorts. I bring this up as someone…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To turn on or off the timestamp for chatmessages is a great feature but, it's very annoying you can't select 24 hours format. Please add an option to select between 12 and 24 hour time format.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Much how moderators can use /announce to broadcast a message, moderators should have the ability to send a message in chat that is only visible to other mods and the broadcaster.

Implementing this would limit having to alt-tab over to Discord to speak in a separate private channel and only engage with other active mods in chat which helps for context when discussing issues.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?