Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be helpful for using Twitch in a portrait mode to allow chat to occupy the bottom of the screen. Often while using Twitch I like to snap the window to half of the display, and use the other half for other tasks.

Right now I have to pop-out the chat, which is a little clunky.

In addition, it would be handy if the divide between the video and the chat was resizeable, so I could make chat bigger or smaller, and have the video automatically resize.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I’m native Japanese speaker, and like to watch English streams. I watched some streamers who have many fans, so I know that they have put command in Nightbot about language spoken in chat. They ask chat to speak English.
    I can understand why they asking that. Various languages spoken in chat which they can’t understand may bother them.
    So the mods usually delete the messages which are not English whatever the messages mean. Even the messages are not bad comment, it get deleted because the mods don’t care what it means. One English comment said “not English comments are same…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For example: After cheering 1000 bits, a user has the option to show a 1 bit, 100 bits or 1000 bits badge.

Similarly, if possible, it would be great if something similar could be done with sub badges. This would mainly be for color-matching purposes with other badges and/or the nick color.

The hover-over could still show the total amount of subbed months as it does now.

As for the customization menu: this could possibly be combined with other suggestions to allow people to choose to show their Founder badge, on a per-channel basis.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Some streamers have so much flooding/spam/trash in their chat that it slows down the browser and computer to the point it freezes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to add slowmode to a specific person. If there's no reason to time them out or outright ban, making it so they can't spam every second. Can slow them down from behind the scenes!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be really nice if stream teams could have access to an official team emote that only members of the stream team can use in any chat to support the team and help promote the team.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Example: If I am in a channel and then move from desktop to phone app after loading channel in the phone app I am presented with a fresh clear chat. The feature that could be added is where even if I move from desktop to phone app and still going back to the channel. I should be able to see all the conversations and chat logs that occurred during the move from desktop to phone app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This idea specifically pertains to command driven channels, like Twitch Plays Pokemon, SaltyBet, and the like. Generally in channels like this it becomes very difficult to read conversation when the chat is flooded by commands, and depending on the channel, bot responses to those commands.

My suggestion would be to grant channel owners the option to have a bot/command specific chat log, perhaps with a simple vertical separation from the standard chat, so as to separate commands from conversation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to have an option to temporarily disable follower only chat mode during a raid from another channel, with an option to set how many minutes follower only would be disabled. Or have twitch chat recognize who came over from the raid, and allow them to chat despite follower only mode being active.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. userid and userlogin tags for IRC notices would help with further programatic actions instead of replying on parsing the display name from the notice. Parsing a display name does not always work to retrieve user information (e.g. when in Korean).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make chat customizable so streamers can turn on/off different stuff and combine them like badges/colors etc and make each chat unique.
    In my case I'd like to turn off nickname color, combine all badges into one (i.e. if viewer is a sub and prime one then he will have badge with crown, if he is sub and moderator then he will have badge with green border), in case of regular viewer (just follower but always watches the stream) then he will have his nickname color

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As rules appear only once and not a lot of people really reads them in reality it would be a good idea to implement /rules command that would show the rules popup.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The mod icons are very quick and easy, however a 600 second timeout can be very lengthy. I propose you allow mods to edit how many seconds a user would be timed out if they press that button. How it would work: near the area to turn on mod icons add a feature where the mod could input a number of seconds they want the timeout to be. This would apply to anyone they timeout. Ex: If a mod puts 60 seconds in that area, every time they press the time out button in that chat, a user would be…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Current status on ultrawide screen (27'' 21:9)

2 empty bars embrace the video, and then a tiny chat is displayed

Allow us to resize the chat width.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sometimes smaller channels get a large influx of people to the point that the existing community is drowned out and can't talk to each other. A channel I've been a part of for a year has 4000 viewers more than normal, and chat's moving so quickly the regulars can't even talk to each other. What about an auxiliary chat people can move to if the streamer has added them there for being a longtime community member? The streamer could either see both chats or the two chats weave into one on their end. And maybe this chat has a size…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →