Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a @everyone mention so it highlights a message to everyone in the channel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A possible idea that would be beneficial to both Twitch and their (popular) streamers is a 'restricted' mode for chat; it’d work the same as sub-only mode, but also include former subscribers and current turbo users. The benefits would include:

• Strong incentive for viewers to purchase Turbo. Those who have Turbo would be able to talk in any chat with restricted mode on.
    • Streamers who like to interact with their chat, but have sub-only mode enabled to keep it from moving too quickly, could use this instead.
    • Great incentive for viewers to subscribe to a channel with it enabled, as…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The idea here is that you can type /randomraid and then twitch will locate someone of similar or lesser view count, and in the same game. The goal being that you can meet new people within your own gaming style and network.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I was thinking if twitch had a Badge for streamers, so you know who is a watcher and who is a streamer in chat. That would be a cool way to discover new streamers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If you guys do incorporate this idea, can you guys create a new badge like 'glhf' badge or Twitch prime badge specifically for people who have requested a feature that has been implemented into the Twitch system so we can get recognition and have proof to tell friends and show chat. I think that by making these badges, it would encourage more people to request for new features that could improve Twitch quality and the community as a whole. We could call it the 'Uservoice' badge or something along those lines and the badge icon could be a cute little…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have some emotes from crates that I don't want , there should be an option to remove or hide them from the emote menu at least. thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Being able to increase the max scroll back value beyond the 150 limit would help a lot with chat moderating, and help with chat interaction from the broadcaster. This feature would disabled by default in settings but once enabled the user will be able to set the value to his/her liking. Having a maximum limit to start with ex. 10K would be a great start, with the set maximum value becoming bigger over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a bot.

Motivation:

Twitch has been allowing users to mark accounts as Known and Verified bots for a few years now. This process is explained in detail in the official developer documentation. This is documented here: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/irc/guide#known-and-verified-bots

There are more than 18,065 Known Bots on Twitch. Among them, we are also a Verified Bot used by more than 700,000 streamers.

We get all DMs in Slack channels and regularly check how users interact with our Verified Bot. Unfortunately, we often find that users mistake the account for a real lurker,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emote spam is a constant annoyance, it would be great for channels to have an option that blocks emotes in chat. There could also be an option where only channel emotes are allowed. A text-only mode or an emote blacklist would be excellent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The APP has the push to talk option but doesn't work. It also does not have more bind key options to use push to talk.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have so many emojis from lots of subscriptions, it's challenging to scroll through them for the ones I want to use. The list is bloated with emojis I will never, ever use. It'd be way cool to be able to delete individual emojis so we can keep just the ones we want. Hey, thanks for listening!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have an option to change your nickname color on per channel basis.
    It could be reserved for a Nitro user, or just released to the public.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I mod I am told to time out ppl that post messages in other languages because the mods dont know what it says. It would be helpful if streamers could select what languages they want to allow in chat and twitch would automatically disable characters from other languages so they cant even be typed in chat in the first place

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In an effort to make trolling more difficult, require 2 Factor Authentication to chat in streams. People can make fake phone numbers to tie emails to, but it would be difficult to constantly have to create both to tie together. Twitch users are supposed to be 13 years of age or older anyway and every teenager or older out there interacting on Twitch have cell phones. This would help provide better security and prevent bot spam and provide a safer experience for the streamer because of how difficult it would be to just create a brand new account after being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow viewers to increase the font size in the chat text box. I can increase size for chat but want to be able to see what I type before I hit send.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A way for streamers and moderators to filter foreign languages in chat, and different alphabets.

As an experienced moderator for large streamers on Twitch, one of the most common "rule-breakers" are the ones speaking in a foreign language. Usually larger streamers who are English spoken wants to have their chat 100% English, therefore a filter for foreign languages outside of the English alphabet would be really helpful. As there are no current tools to really moderate foreign languages. This could be done by making a filter for characters outside of the English alphabet, such as Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian,
    etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When someone who isn't streaming hosts you, you see the "x is now hosting you" notification in chat which is only visible for the broadcaster but this doesn't apply for the Twitch app. For someone like me who has the chat open on mobile while streaming, it would be nice to get a notification when someone hosts me with 0 viewers. And maybe even see if someone is auto-hosting me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. use notice for bots or for all users, it would not be bad, because sometimes people triggers a bot and thereby flood the chat, adding standard functionality IRC would fix this problem, and it would add to bots more opportunities to notify users of something without showing the rest any messages

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?