Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

3,836 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

221 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To help reduce the blatant and increasing violations of the harassment policy on Twitch, you should implement a new feature that allows a channel to prevent users from participating in their chat if the account is under a certain age, which could be specified specified by the channel.

Currently, it's easy for a user to create temporary email and Twitch accounts and harass a live streaming account under the guise of anonymity. This would add a much needed barrier to entry without requiring a user to follow or subscribe to be apart of a channel. The code currently exists for…

1,529 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would love to see a way to conceal spoilers in the chat. That way mods don't have to struggle as hard to police them in blind streams, and chatters aren't as limited on what they talk about when in a stream with a blind streamer.

491 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This would mean that bots such as Streamlabs and Moobot won’t have to be gifted subs to use emotes.

376 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be nice to have a birthday badge for birthdays to indicate for streamers to say birthday to them , they should get a free emote and a badge maybe a free sub if possible

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be a great idea if the streamer or moderators could put a message/note above the chat to notify people. Whether it's temporarily for a minute or left there for the whole day.

Especially with bigger streamers who have a chaotic chat. A note or announcement can quickly be pinned at the top and everyone can quickly click on it and/or read it (a little pin symbol would be fitting I suppose).

Additionally, it can get annoying for streamers to have to answer the same questions over and over again. That's why I think a little note…

302 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Due to an extremely large amount of streamers getting trolled to the point they no longer want to stream, I feel that if someone gets banned/blocked from a streamers chat then they should no longer be able to even view the stream. When the troll types the streamers name into the search bar then that streamers name should not appear, just like how it works on any other site. Allowing the troll to view the stream can still cause stream sniping and other things that gives the troll the incentive to troll and harass even further. Im speaking from experience…

292 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Everyone knows that bots have been taking a real hassle on streamers lately. If there was a way to combat it like making it so they had to verify their email it would help a bunch of streamers. ( not to mention they have a setting under moderation under chat - verified email chat only ) why not make that setting also mean following be the same.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello, I believe a better suggestion would be for viewers to be able to see the twitch chat while watching vods.

I belive what makes twitch, twitch, and not something like youtube, is be able to see and participate in chat.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I think it would be beneficial to allow mods to highlight messages in chat without the use of channel points, to allow them to broadcast messages to the chat an unlimited amount of times. Another related idea is mods being able to pin a message at the top of chat, in a similar position to the hype train. These could work as "/broadcast (message)"

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I frequent a twitch channel that has been harassed by a troll persistently for the past 2-3 months. This troll has been evading chat bans by creating multiple accounts.

Recently, when the troll is banned from the chat, he's begun to use the tactic of whispering to other people in the chat room in order to harass them...some of these viewers are even foolish enough to pass on insults from the troll to the broadcaster.

The channel regulars know better than to respond to this troll, and ignore him, but the fact that the troll can still whisper other viewers…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add ability to turn on a notification sound for new messages in channels you are in, but you are tabbed out. It could be set to: notify about every message, notify about friend message, do not notify about new messages. The sound could be a simple BLIP sound.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This is similar to the idea of banning abusive troll users at a certain IP address, https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat-messaging/suggestions/7956255-ip-ban-from-channel.

In that request, a Twitch dev gave the following reasons for why such a ban would be hard to implement:

1. IPs change. A lot. A broadcaster might lose a significant portion of their audience, and viewers might get confused if there are a lot of banned IPs (such as universities).

2. System load. Looking up a enormous list of IPs to see who is allowed to watch on every single video play is an enormous system load I’m not sure we’re willing to…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am a moderator of a Twitch channel which regularly has more than 1000 spectators. When we want to convey a message to viewers, it is often difficult to read...
    I propose to add a new feature to moderators so that they can display a visible banner of all (as, for example, that of bits donations).
    Thanks in advance.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need a short way to disable inbound raids for a nominated number of minutes.
    Proposed use-case: Im streaming and I know I will end in say 10 mins. It benefits no-one if a raid-in occurs during that last10 mins. Being able to issue a short command to temporarily disable Allow raids would be quite utility in nature
    At the end of the time specified the raid settings as per channel settings would be restored

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. To turn on or off the timestamp for chatmessages is a great feature but, it's very annoying you can't select 24 hours format. Please add an option to select between 12 and 24 hour time format.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. An idea that would help streamers control chat from back seating when playing puzzle games.

Allowing mods to put singular users into emote only mode if repeat offenders.

Allowing extra blacklisted words and phrases to be activated when only in this mode. (blacklisting things like 'the other way' 'wrong shape' ect ect.. for aslong as the mode is active.

Adding a banner somewhere in chat or overlay somewhere letting users know anti-backseat mode is active and not to do it.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?