Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

278 results found

1. Currently, removing a viewer's message also removes the previous message. Allow the removal of a single message.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The same way you can blacklist and whitelist terms in the chat, it would be useful to be able to whitelist links in the chat. Using a bot for this is not ideal because the links is deleted by the bot and still visible to users with extensions. Messages with links should not be sent at all and some links/domains should be whitelistable

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To help combat hate raids while streamers are off-line, how about a feature to disable chat when a streamer is offline? It can be a simple feature toggle "Disable off-line chat", or even include the ability for viewers to chat for a period of time after the end of stream before disabling. Also, a switch would allow streamers to leave it on, in case they use it for community features.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This is to prevent the major issue with trolls. a Regular only chat would mean that a person has been WATCHING the stream for a set amount of time before becoming a regular, and is following as well. Not something a bot/troll can follow button and just randomly pop in to troll the next day. We should be able to set the time limit as well like let's say it takes about 4 hours to become regular, I've only found 1 troll that waited an hour after ban to continue trolling, all the trolls I've seen, only troll until the…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think you could follow the chat easier if it was not immediately pushed one line up, instead it should be pushed in from bottom with a small animation.

the speed of the animation could be calculated by an algorithm involving messages/minute(second) the more messages the faster the animation.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. One of my Twitch friends inadvertently blocked me. He would send me whispers, but I couldn't reply. Every time I attempted to reply, I would see the message "That user's settings prevent them from receiving this whisper." It would be helpful if a similar message was displayed for a Twitch user whispering someone he or she has blocked - "You're whispering someone whom you've blocked. That person is unable to whisper back to you."

Also, it seems as though blocking someone from whispering automatically blocks receiving a DM from them. In situations where someone was blocked inadvertently, it would be…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This would be very handy when chat is spamming a global emote nonstop and timing people out isn't helping

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think It would be awesome to have transparent chat. Theater mode is cool, but it would be even better to have transparent chat that user can place over fullscreen video and customize its size (like some streamers do using OBS)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Current status on ultrawide screen (27'' 21:9)

2 empty bars embrace the video, and then a tiny chat is displayed

Allow us to resize the chat width.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A badge for both creators AND chat members.

The creator badge will be shown next to the creators name on their live stream thumbnail, as well as in the title of the stream next to their name, but also will show the chatters birthdays as well.

Weve all been in a chat and someone obnoxiously @s the streamer saying "ITS MY FRIENDS DOGS COUSINS SISTERS BIRTHDAY TODAY - CAN YOU SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BIG BERTHA!??"

If we have a birthday badge, it will subtly put that exciting news out there without anyone having to tell anyone else about it…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. have options for sound when a person comments in the chat!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This idea specifically pertains to command driven channels, like Twitch Plays Pokemon, SaltyBet, and the like. Generally in channels like this it becomes very difficult to read conversation when the chat is flooded by commands, and depending on the channel, bot responses to those commands.

My suggestion would be to grant channel owners the option to have a bot/command specific chat log, perhaps with a simple vertical separation from the standard chat, so as to separate commands from conversation.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In rooms with a lot of viewers things can be very crowded, making it difficult for the broadcaster to read and respond to chat.

One method for dealing with this is to allow channel moderators to tag interesting chat messages so that the broadcaster can see them easier. These messages could be highlighted to the broadcaster, made persistent like a "sticky", or even a filter mode so only tagged messages will show.

This offloads the work of finding significant messages within chat to the moderators instead of the broadcaster who's already preoccupied with the game.

This relies on the broadcaster…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

My suggestion involves a small rework of the current broadcast time (stream uptime). I think it would be nice to separate it by category and then display the total uptime, for example:

[Game Icon] 1:30:00 [Game Icon] 1:00:00 [Total] 2:30:00

It doesn't necessarily have to be shown directly on the stream interface; it could be displayed as a tooltip on mouse hover or when clicked. This way, viewers could see how much time the streamer has been playing or doing activities in a specific category.

I have created an example image for reference (tooltip on mouse hover)
    https://i.imgur.com/9gBMtci.png

Apologies…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to be able to view your own chat log, the same way moderators/streamers can view yours. And if you've been timed out, you can see which chat message got you a timeout.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This could be a customizeable badge that only shows up locally (other users cant see it). There are a few ways this can be useful such as:

1. Being able to mark friends so you can see if they are chatting in the same room as you.

2. Tagging yourself so your own messages can be seen easier in screenshots.

3. Tagging the person you are chatting with in a busy channel so you can easily see their messages before they get buried under lines of spam. (Ablility to make it temporary maybe)

If you need to you can have it saved as…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. with the advent of the new mod tools i feel now is the right time to introduce word a replacement for chat. As an example, the channel owner and mods have the option to set replacements so if someone wants to be inflammatory by typing "oi your hair is stupid" the message appears in chat as "hello your hair is super". in the example the word "oi" is replaced with "hello" and "stupid" replaced with "super", this should be case insensitive and have replaced words highlighted so mods can check what was replaced with the original message posted in mod…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful to have the current hidden character limit shown just like on twitter or similar websites, and not be able to send the messages when they are too long, instead of giving us the illusion to have sent them successfully when it is not actually the case. Both in chat and whispers.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like the chat history to remain when watching Twitch on mobile (iOS Android).

A new feature was recently implemented that allows users to keep a chat history when watching from a PC, and I would like to see the same feature implemented for mobile (iOS Android) viewing!

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1622659366531866645
    I would like a mobile version of this feature

モバイル(iOS Android)でTwitchを視聴している時もチャットの履歴を残してほしい

先日PCから視聴するときにチャットの履歴が残るという新機能が実装されましたが、モバイル(iOS Android)での視聴でも同様の機能を実装してほしいです

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?