Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. use notice for bots or for all users, it would not be bad, because sometimes people triggers a bot and thereby flood the chat, adding standard functionality IRC would fix this problem, and it would add to bots more opportunities to notify users of something without showing the rest any messages

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By using chat commands, a streamer or mod can ban and block a user, which is good if there is a need to remove someone from the chat, but I believe there should be an option to report a user in a similar fashion, for example:

/report [user] [reason]

With many bans and blocks relating to bots and the recent rise in IP grabbing/unaccessible bot channels, I believe there should be an alternate way to report the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can we have live usernames, like neon colored ones or rainbow colored that you can buy from twitch. twitch could implement these and sell them for a reasonable price. Inside a store designated for users specifically

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would be great to have a tool that allows people from chat to collaborate (play together) in video games. Since they are watching a stream they most likely play the game and most of the time like-minded people watch the same streamer. Making it seamless to play with someone from chat would increase community collaboration.

Link steam, blizzard, uplay or origin with Twitch. Need to allow users to send invite to become friends on a client or to invite to game.

Hit me up if you have questions on the feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you missed a moment and want to rewind or you want to pause and resume playback at the same spot this is currently impossible unless you use a 3rd party video player like mpv.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am creating a game for an affiliate broadcaster that allows channel point redemptions to trigger in game events. It's working exactly as intended except for one small problem. Every redemption is listed the chat a it's drowning out chat's ability to communicate with each other. There should be a way to not display activity feed in chat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When a channel raids another channel, it would be nice to be able to visit their channel from the raid message instead of having to search it up or wait till they type something in the chat to click on their profile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be nice, to have an organized list of channel. The possibility to group up some channel by a tag or a note, would be a very interesting feature. Hope this can be considered asap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The purpose of this feature would be to allow streamers greater control over the emotes shown on their channel, improving their chat experience, while simultaneously giving them more control over their brand.

Across all channels, and the Global Emote pool, streamers could note Emotes with "tags", a list of specific characteristics covered by almost all emotes. Examples include "Kappa", "Lewd", "Pog", or even "Hi". These types of emotes are common place in many channels' subscription emotes. However some streamers would not like to see/have those types of emotes displayed. As such when submitting an emote, you have the ability to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you write "@" or "/" you can see all users or moderator commands, and I think it would be cool to just type ! and see all the commands you can do.
    Like !time or !discord...

I didn't see somebody put this idea, if it was, I'm sorry !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A place to paste discord webhook and it to post to discord when gone live.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometimes its nice to only chat with the chat, not with the Streamer. Because sometimes messages lead to spoilers, which could destroy the play experience of games. It would be a grade idea to make sign messages, which the chat only could reade like: #x# "Testmessage with chat communication." So the chat could communicate with eachother and keep the streamer first playtrough game expirance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A way to see live channels you manage as an editor easier, current live channels appear at the top and a search bar to find specific channels easier.

As a person who moderates, run ads and helps streamers. This feature would be really useful to find the specific channel easier than scrolling through all of them. This could be similar to twitch.tv/moderators where it shows the current live channels first, then the offline channels after. The search bar would also be useful to find offline channels easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. a saved log of the chat during re-runs, a lot of people don't seem to notice it's a re-run and comment in chat anyway, unless I have the browser open I don't see the response, would like to look through to see if there are people to respond to or block

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Like how you can popout the stream into its own window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide mod activity from users (eg. which mod banned someone).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is an idea I had that'd help us moderators ban waves of bots with just one command, rather than having to ban individually. Similar to how in the AutoMod filters we can put wildcards in blocked terms to block variations, I think it would be useful to have that same feature when it comes to banning usernames. A lot of bots tend to have similar names but with different strings on the end, and adding wildcards would let us ban all accounts starting with the string they have in common.

For example, if there were a wave of bots…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. on console like Xbox make it so you can see chat on on the side of the screen while your in a game so you don't need a second device to see chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I thought I was discussing with the mod about my status about a channel I thought I was "off the mic". But apparently the mod conversation was "on a live mic".

There should be a username@twitch.tv email address to do long conversations with a streamer that are not meant to be looked at immediately on the air, live.

That way, if you want to discuss a permanent ban for one incident that was not clearly spelled out, and make your case, you can do it without risk of it being weaponized.

There should be a difference between "premeditated" acts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?