Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be good if you can delete your whisper messages.

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When actively chatting or just lurking with a stream in the background, I often miss when I receive a whisper. Please add the option for a notification sound when I receive a whisper

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd really love a proper DM system similar to other social sites, group chats, good comms, stable software etc. Personally love Instagram and twitter format, but ours really... sucks. I have ZERO incentive to use Twitch as a means of communication. I run a lot of giveaways for big streamers and have to DM people which usually results in a blacklist because im messaging too many people, hence why I never use whispers and just ask people to DM me on other platforms. I'd love to see reactions enabled, proper linking and formatting, no weird server disconnects, messages not sending/appearing,…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide a function to delete the whispering exchanged with the other person.
    If I accidentally whisper personal information or potentially abused words with the other person, please allow them to delete them from the server database so that they cannot abuse them.
    Please add a function so that the other person can't see the whispering.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. You are able to delete whispers on twitch website but not mobile app. This needs to be an option for the app as well.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The whisper system in Twitch chat is unfortunately not without some issues. I frequently whisper friends on Twitch and when the number of messages becomes more that one or two, the system gets buggy. It will randomly scroll you back to messages that had been sent sometime in the past. It will stop you from sending messages. It has on occasion, sent a message and then not posted, or posted it at some other random interval. On occasion, a msg from before will resend itself. These issues cause a great deal of frustration and confusion. While discussing it with a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add "clear whisper history". History should be cleared on both ends.
    Just closing chat by pressing X won't cut it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I hope that the private message function can delete historical conversation records. Some data is left on it but cannot be deleted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am a very active twitch user, and whisper a LOT of people daily, but after a certain amount of whispers, you MUTE me... and I can no longer whisper.
    There is no explanation, telling me that I sent too many, nothing... so I thought it was a bug, but it turns out you probably have a daily limit. You may want to reconsider that as your platform is quickly growing. Put it up to 200 or something. Or unlimited really, up to you but I hope that you change this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ich vermisse die Option, Nachrichten bzw. Chatverläufe im Flüsterchat löschen zu können. Bei WhatsApp & Co. funktioniert das problemlos. Gerade hier, wo ganz munter gequasselt und geflirtet wird, ist das nicht möglich. Es wäre toll, wenn die Löschfunktion mit ergänzt werden könnte.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Здравствуйте, добавте пожалуйста возможность добавлять историю на свой канал, как в instagram (для того что бы дать всем своим зрителям (подписчикам) знать 100% информацию о контенте который будет сегодня или завтра, мы это делаем в других социальных сетях (вам выгодно будет сделать такую идею так как будет больше просмотов твитч, очень жду ( my name elaych1k) спасибо

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?