Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

49 results found

1. For give aways sometimes important.
    The messages which sometimes contain sensible personal data like addresses or phone numbers for tracking sending and tracking purposes should be deletable/erasable.
    It could get very ugly if a streamers or a mods account would get hacked and a bunch of personal data gets leaked or stolen.

435 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So after years of chatting to others in whispers with no complaints Twitch is now trying to make me verify my account for some strange reason which I will not do as you have not proven yourself safe with personal data and I also do not wish to give you my phone number etc. This is a gross overstep for little gain as people who want to contact people in whispers to be awful or create fake accounts can just create new accounts with fake numbers or some such not to mention phone numbers that are not accepted by twitch…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please remove new unnecessary whisper restriction that demands phone number. Why did twitch do this (never had problem before today)? My account is verified and I'm in the midst of preparing my stream. Now I'm locked out and cannot do anything. This is a nightmare as my contacts are now uncontactable. What genius decided this was a good idea? Fire them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I do not own a cellphone. I have been on Twitch over 12 years and this new safety feature effectively made it so that I cannot post a whisper to anyone. I think users should be able to have an option to click that enables recieving all whispers from the user they select.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The idea would be whisper messages delete like snapchat.

Currently users can be baited into whispers from people in their chat who "want to help" if there's some sort of issue.

They then have your username in their whispers regardless of blocking.

So if you experience trolling, harassment or stream sniping this is still very doable regardless of blocking. Any username change appears as if they are unblocked.

After sending a messaged to support I received the typical response and directed to managing harassment.

Again i point to the above...Even if you block someone and change your name it's still…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello!
    i´m a Moderator on a bigger Channel and get Whispers alot. some of them have questions and some of them tend to write annoying stuff. But i just wanna have the feature to just deactivate Whisper for a specific user rather than blocking him, cause as a moderator it would be bad if i block him, so i wouldn´t see stuff hes posting in the chat anymore

Shortly

All users can Whisper to you -> you want to leave your whispers open -> Block specific users only to send you no whispers anymore

hope this is understandable :D

Kind…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. me han hackeado y han enviado links que te mandan a una pagina de regalos en cs:go que te pone a iniciar secion en steam para que te los den a gente random.
    esto ha pasado el 21/5/2023

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PLEASE make a feature to search whispers for keywords. Whispers are so hard to go through currently. This feature would be especially useful for mods if they're trying to find whispers from someone regarding a certain chatter being rude/disrespectful/etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. -Users that don't have a verified account can only watch the stream
    -Verified users with phone/email verification (if possible make it both) will be allowed to chat or whisper

This is to avoid trolls to make new accounts easily to harass streamers, it wouldn't really stop them but it will take them time to create new accounts and maybe they will just get exhausted (prayge).

It might also become a hassle for viewers with make and verify their account, but I know they will appreciate Twitch if they know that you are also protecting their favorite streamer.

I had seen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch staff here. A streamer mentioned they'd love if there would be an option to have whispers from their Mods to appear in their chat and be highlighted. The streamer mentioned they use pop-out chat and primarily uses the chat of engagement, and this would help them keep the flow of their stream without having to pause and click through the Whispers window to see specific messages.

In addition, maybe add an option for everyone to toggle having whispers mirrored to a chat if they are watching a stream with the @USERNAME and a notice it is a whisper. Just…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a Prompt for when Users have Whispers Blocked/Turned OFF. Don't provide a box to type in, at all. e.g. just a simple notification a user has whispers off when a mod clicks 'Quick Whisper'

Many moderators try to do modding in whispers when possible to avoid derailing or subduing chat -- as in-chat moderation can put a damper on good vibes or 'invite' viewers to feel as if they should participate. However, the recent surge in numbers of viewers who have whispers turned off means we may spend a couple minutes typing out a whisper only for it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was recently chatting with some other streamers and we agreed that this would be great.

When streaming, the streamer will often have the Chat popped out in their browser. But there's no way to know if a new Whisper came in. There's no way, through Twitch, to find out if someone is trying to reach you privately. And in a busy Chat, even if they try to reach you publicly, you can miss it.

It would be great if the little Whispers icon were at the top or bottom of the popped out chat, and if it could have…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The sending of spam messages via whisper has become a serious problem on Twitch in Portuguese, in view of this, I suggest the creation of a filter that retains suspicious spam messages in some other box.

Generally the messages follow the same writing pattern with spammers asking for a donation of money to their bank accounts under the guise of experiencing financial hardship, so I believe a simple AI should be able to retain most of the unwanted messages.

An option to block specific terms in the spam filter would also be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. please provide an option for pms from phone verified accounts only — to limit sexual harassment via pms

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add an option to send private messages to people in chat so you don't have to open the person's whisper box in the live chat itself.
    both on mobile and pc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I don't check twitch often for messages. I would love to have the ability to block getting whispers completely. not just stop it for strangers (people i don't follow or sub to) but from everyone.

I've had people i follow use it as a way to be like "join my discord" which personally freaks me out, then i've had people get mad that i didn't see their whisper while i'm streaming.

i wish i could just block it fully so I didn't have to deal with it anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Put an option to delete whispers because hiding it does not serve much...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A similar feature to chat blocked term or other form of blacklist words for chat whispers.

This thought came up because the "Want to be famous" bots have taken to whispers instead of chat. But this feature would be great to ease issues of harrassment being able to block potential slurs or other disparraging words.

In chat we have blocked terms as well as third party bots to filter out spam or unwanted words. But bots don't currently have the ability to filter whispers and twitch has no native method to block unwanted whispers outside of fully blocking all whispers.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I'm whispering to someone in one chat, I don't need a whisper box opened on every other open Twitch tab. If for some reason this is necessary behavior, It would be nice if all the whisper boxes would close if 1 is closed.

The way it works now, I have a useless whisper box still open, that needs to be closed manually, on every other tab.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?