Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Or at least give streamers the authority to enable or disable it. But the ENTIRE point was how it stood out with color. Plain black with italics just renders it useless.

5,332 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

649 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all,

Thank you for the patience with us on this. This has been one of the most popular ideas on UserVoice and we definitely heard your feedback. 

Today we launched /announcement for mods and streamers. Announcements can be used in chat to highlight a message and are available in 4 different colors along with the channel accent color. Because this is only part of the ask of this idea we are setting this idea to partial release so the community can continue to leave feedback on this.

2. I know Twitch says the feature seemed to cause a decrease in viewership during their testing, but there are so many other factors that can affect that and many streamers who got to try out the chant feature really enjoyed it. I think it’d be better to make it an optional feature rather than remove it entirely, and let people decide on their own if it works for their channel.

506 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

3,967 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

244 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Heya!

Thank you for your suggestions regarding a feature to pin chat messages! Our team has been working on your feedback, and we're happy to let you all know that we are rolling out an experiment for Pinned Chat to a select number of users!

Please continue to bring your valuable feedback to us here, as we aim to understand how we can further meet the needs of you and your communities!

You can find more information on Pinned Chat on our Help Page: https://link.twitch.tv/PinnedChat.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some communities will notice a new way to "chant" during hype moments on stream. This is a limited time experiment where only some creators will have access to this feature. Creators and Mods will be able to use /chant (using text and/or emotes) in chat to kick one off. Viewers will see a private callout with the chant and can dismiss or choose to participate!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

257 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On 2/2, we will turn off Chants.

While this feature was popular, we observed negative impacts to minutes watched for significant groups of creators.

Experiments help us test new ideas in real time, and decide what to build next. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

7. the message used with /announce does not render at all on mobile. If it just didn't highlight then that's one thing, but a mod message that no mobile users can see is worthless.

I was eager to utilize the feature, but without mobile users being able to see the message /announce does more harm than good and I can't use it

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi, all! We're thrilled to announce the upcoming launch of a new native chat command that allows you to give another streamer a shoutout in chat, so that you can introduce them to your viewers and help them grow! Here's an overview of the key features all broadcasters and mods can expect to see in September:

Use "/shoutout [channel]" to support another streamer by displaying a follow button for their channel in chat, so your viewers can support by following them without leaving your live stream.
    If the channel getting the shoutout has a stream schedule set up, it will also…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Shoutout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's been 10+ days i'm getting "Verified Accounts only chat" in EVERY single channel i try to chat, even in those where i'm sure the "Verified only" feature is disabled. I'm pretty sure it's either a bug or my account has been flagged in some way, because if i try to chat in those same channels with a different account i can do it without any problem.
    I've also read in some other Ideas here that other users are having this bug... Unfortunately i can't add my Phone number to verification at the current time, so please look into this,…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We’re testing more ways to make it easier for creators to recognize new and returning viewers in chat with additional chat highlights for Mentions, Mods, and Subs. You can toggle individual highlights on or off to focus on a specific type of viewer you want to recognize, like highlighting important messages from your mods or showing love to your subs.

These highlights will not be visible to viewers in chat.

Note: This feature is a limited experiment and we will monitor feedback before deciding to make these highlights more widely available. You may see additional highlight options as we experiment…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A chat badge next to users who you follow and they follow you back would be cool, I think. It should only be visible to you but across every chat.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Global Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Following up my comment on https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover/suggestions/42218083-pronouns-prefix

It would be great if there were a dedicated Bio field in which we could put our pronouns, and a chat feature similar to the functionality provided by https://pronouns.alejo.io/ to display pronouns right alongside names in chat. This could also be used to populate a tag-like display near the streamer's name.

Tags for streamers are a start, but I'd like to be able to consult someone's bio (if they choose to disclose pronouns) so I can refer to them properly when they're not currently streaming and be able to refer to viewers properly.

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I can't chat in certain channels anymore that I used to, and the streamers that I spoke to about it haven't changed any moderation settings between me being able to chat and me not being able to chat. It's a problem across multiple channels and persists across multiple platforms and apps.
    The problem began on either May 25th or May 26th.
    Twitch support suggested I bring up the issue here.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Much how moderators can use /announce to broadcast a message, moderators should have the ability to send a message in chat that is only visible to other mods and the broadcaster.

Implementing this would limit having to alt-tab over to Discord to speak in a separate private channel and only engage with other active mods in chat which helps for context when discussing issues.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A special global anniversary badge for user they use twitch for example 5 years or 10 years, 15 years. So its easy to identify experienced twitch user.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The current limit for a /timeout is set to 2 weeks, it would be nice if this could be increased to a 3 week or month limit, this allows you to truly filter out some people while still easily giving them a chance to re-appear but not needing to straight up ban and adding a mod-comment to the userprofile. Not to mention bans tend to be forgotten if the user doesn't send in an unban-request.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We are experimenting with a new feature that allows new viewers in a channel to introduce themselves via a simple prompt. Messages sent through this feature will be highlighted to the rest of Chat with an invitation to welcome the user via chat reply or @mention. This feature is in a limited release, and we will monitor feedback before deciding whether to make it more widely available.

Channels are enrolled in the experiment automatically and randomly, and creators can toggle the feature on and off in their Moderation settings under Chat Options: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/settings/moderation

We'd love to hear your thoughts and…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having any more than a couple emotes causes my chat box to lag horribly with the new chat options. It would be nice to have a toggle in the options somewhere to turn off having embedded pictures in the chat box.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the stream I mod, we are using the chat restriction feature to prevent trolls from spamming messages. In some case where we see the troll is spamming even if they are in chat restriction mode, we take further action to permanently ban. But since chat history of chat-restricted user appears not being logged, other mods / streamer cannot see the context of ban.

Can we make the chat history of chat-restricted users logged? I'm pretty sure there will be many other scenarios the chat log is going to be helpful for moderating the chat.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. At the moment, only the default "/announce" chat command works with IRC (chatbots etc) - "/announceblue", "/announcegreen", "/announceorange", and "/announcepurple" all fail to send messages.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?