Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Or at least give streamers the authority to enable or disable it. But the ENTIRE point was how it stood out with color. Plain black with italics just renders it useless.

4,745 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

536 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – thank you so much for all of your feedback around this change. We understand that this was a feature that many of you used in various situations, including the ability for Moderators to highlight or distinguish messages in Chat, and we agree that is important. We are listening to your ideas and feedback in this area – stay tuned for updates!

To provide context as to why we’ve made the decision to remove the original functionality of the /me command, we wanted to address the way this feature was being used to perpetrate abuse against members of our community. While we recognize this change is frustrating for some, the safety of our community remains our top priority.

2. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

3,589 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

196 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi Twitch! Screen reader users should be able to read and participate actively in chat like everyone else. However, translating chat into an audio signal is really tedious at this moment, because visual elements like all badges incl. subscriber-time of sub badges, and emotes cannot be filtered out.
    Especially when a lot of hype is happening in chat, emotes can become very overbearing when read out one by one. Therefore, I'd like to request a feature with which those visual elements and emote text can be filtered out, leaving the username and chat text only for translation into an audio…

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Everyone knows that bots have been taking a real hassle on streamers lately. If there was a way to combat it like making it so they had to verify their email it would help a bunch of streamers. ( not to mention they have a setting under moderation under chat - verified email chat only ) why not make that setting also mean following be the same.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The chat replies feature may be cool for some specific reasons, but most of the time is not helpful. The thread it creates is also hard to see compared to normal chat messages. It would be nice to be able to toggle this feature on or off. Similar to how you can turn off nigh mode

447 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released an update today that addresses some of the feedback in this thread:

• You can now once again highlight and copy messages for easy translation, raid message organization, and general copypastas
    • Clicking into the chat will not immediately open the reply function. On hover, the reply button in the top right of the message will initiate the reply

As it’s been a few days, curious to hear whether the initial feelings and experiences have changed!

Update: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1294378462451572746?s=20

6. Completely get rid of the chat replies/thread feature and end the experiment.

251 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I wish Twitch had a feature which let you set your pronouns to appear in chat.
    People who have set their pronouns will have them appear next to their name in chat.

The chatter sets their pronouns in the badge-set up.

Big question is implementation.

• hovering over username will show it?

• or another line below or next to the username to say it?

• or are the gender specific signs enough?

The originator of that idea already made a quick version of the version that would show pronouns next to the chatter's username

https://twitter.com/edelhresvelg/status/1284526998237265920

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Moderators of a channel have access to highlighted chat messages without the cost of channel points.
    this could have big impact in chats as moderator would be able to get a message across to either the chat or the streamer with ease without it being lost in a sea of messages.
    this could also be a fetuare the streamer could disable/enable if they dont want moderators to have access to free highlighhted messages.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The tech is already there to restrict people from watching sub only streams, why not work with it to restrict people who are banned in the same manner?

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My idea is to enable moderator badges to change colors as they want it to be not just the ordinary green colored mod badge.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Due to an extremely large amount of streamers getting trolled to the point they no longer want to stream, I feel that if someone gets banned/blocked from a streamers chat then they should no longer be able to even view the stream. When the troll types the streamers name into the search bar then that streamers name should not appear, just like how it works on any other site. Allowing the troll to view the stream can still cause stream sniping and other things that gives the troll the incentive to troll and harass even further. Im speaking from experience…

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For people who are trans and/or non-binary, letting streamers know your pronouns in chat so that your gendered correctly can either be awkward or difficult. An option for people to add their pronouns in brackets beside their usernames or in their profile cards in chat might help to let the streamer and/or chat know if a user feels it's important.

1,191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need a short way to disable inbound raids for a nominated number of minutes.
    Proposed use-case: Im streaming and I know I will end in say 10 mins. It benefits no-one if a raid-in occurs during that last10 mins. Being able to issue a short command to temporarily disable Allow raids would be quite utility in nature
    At the end of the time specified the raid settings as per channel settings would be restored

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please stop shadowbanning chat users (specifically when they are using VPNs) while letting them think everything is ok, because it's messed up. People are being shadow banned and thinking nobody cares about what they're saying. You are playing games with their heads when you do this. Stop it.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Raids and hosts I feel as a streamer help out people, although streamers should have their own amount to show in chat. Personally I am one to have all raids show up no matter how big or small but recent update caused only raids over 5 to show up and I feel it should be up to the content creator. Maybe make it a setting inside your channel settings. Feel this would be a easy implementation to channel settings as well.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Many of us on twitch are multilingual so being able to add multiple language tags would be a great way to reach a wider audience and to reach people learning languages too!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The channel points right now are just based on streaks and time spent in a chat. What would make it perfect is the ability to award your viewers or entire chat with an amount of points you choose as well. If it were possible to award points yourself in addition to the twitch integrated method of earning points it would be perfect.
    For example:
    -I could choose to award the whole chat 100 points each when we get raided.
    -I could choose to award a specific viewer 50 points for telling the best joke.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I been seeing a ton of people raiding under 5 viewers as due to a recent change, they don't show up. I feel that that little action that says "all raids " in the settings under channel should be all raids, not only 5 or more ( if it is gonna be 5 or more maybe make it a setting "5 or more raiders" . I feel streamers should be the one to choose if this is a change is something for their channel.

That's my personal opinion I just feel horrible not seeing someone raid when and due to…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a chat admin role which has moderation over the mods, basically the twitch editor role but with mod moderation features which can also remove mods and add as most streamers have a Admin above their moderators which do most of the work and with this structure would help streamers out alot more.

The role editor would be a good way of adding this feature as that role already has more power than a normal mod

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?