Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. Streamer can start Q&A session, then viewers can enter their questions for the streamer to answer, then streamer can stop Q&A session and viewers can no longer enter questions into it.
    Viewers can choose if they want to send question anonymously, streamer can choose if to allow anonymous questions or have anonymous only or with names only.
    Sort questions, delete questions, mark questions as answered, mark/pin the question being currently answered/display it on stream, upvote questions by mods/vips/subs/followers (streamer chooses what to allow), set how many questions each viewer is allowed to ask.

Youtube has this feature, can we have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Or popout the stream in a better place where people wouldn't mind it to be blocked, like the following sidebar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you raid another channel, viewers have the option to leave the raid. Sometimes they never have the option to raid out and are left behind, or maybe saw the channel was live in a directory and joined to an offline channel with no idea where they raided. The burden is left on the streamer or moderators to ensure the channel is linked in chat to notify anyone who missed out.

My request is to add UI that shows the channel that was recently, successfully raided to along with a clickable link. It can look like one of the existing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This is more of a user-experience change, though I was unable to find a category for it. I'm also including that as a suggestion because it provides context.

Suggestion: If multiple twitch channels are open, and I receive a push notification for a whisper/message and I close the message on one tab, it should send a push to the other tabs to close that message on those channels as well

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest to create a setting for pinned messages to get unpinned if the categorie changes.

Often pinned messages are only relevant while the stream is in a specific categorie.
    A setting to account for that and make it possible would make moderating easier. This would be a great feature especially in big streams on channels which sometimes change their categories.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is a bug related to the interaction between Twitch chat and the For You panel.
    When some text is typed into the chat box (but enter is not pressed) and the mouse hovers over a channel in the For You panel and then hovers off the channel name, the Text box will resume focus but then any further text being typed will occur in reverse.

It may be related to the 'focus-visible' css class being removed from the chatbox element when the channel hover is activated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently there is a chat highlight setting for raiders, my idea is adding an individual highlight for the person who sent the raid. I've been raided a few times and lost the raid sender's message within all the raid hype messages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think there should be a way to post these permanently unless removed by the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When watching a VoD, if at any point the stream went down but the VoD didn't split between two videos, the chat ends up on a delay, seemingly for the same length of time the stream was down. With messages appearing after the streamer has replied to them.
    From what I can recall this has not been an issue for very long. (Few Months - Half a year)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My Idea is when the streamer grant their community with VIP or Mod the chat will get a Coronation Ceremony, animated diamonds falling, chat get shaky, lights, sparkles, all over the place for a split of seconds. Just a fun announcement

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In view of all the challenges that Internet users encounter while purchasing CC+CVV from them, how does Bidencash specifically address these issues to provide a more convenient and efficient experience compared to existing platforms? Secondly, what is the assurance Bidencash takes for the security and anonymity of its users while having a presence within the online community?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I block someone, either a streamer or a chatter. I don't want to see them anymore. I don't want to see them on my recommended channels list. I don't want to see them on the category I view at all. I don't want to see them in chat. I don't want to see any communication from them.

Make the blocking feature actually work please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I do not own a cellphone. I have been on Twitch over 12 years and this new safety feature effectively made it so that I cannot post a whisper to anyone. I think users should be able to have an option to click that enables recieving all whispers from the user they select.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After i change my user name i cant see my comments on twitch chat, why i can do for comment again? or how much time i have to wait to comment again?

When i press f5, my comment disappear

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Aside from Leaderboard for Top Gifters and Leaderboard for Top Cheerers, I recommend adding Watch Streak Leaderboard. This is also to recognize consistent viewers of the channel aside from additional bonus channel points when they get 3-watch streak. Thanks in advance if this gets considered!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would love to see a TwitchCon on the east coast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The idea would be whisper messages delete like snapchat.

Currently users can be baited into whispers from people in their chat who "want to help" if there's some sort of issue.

They then have your username in their whispers regardless of blocking.

So if you experience trolling, harassment or stream sniping this is still very doable regardless of blocking. Any username change appears as if they are unblocked.

After sending a messaged to support I received the typical response and directed to managing harassment.

Again i point to the above...Even if you block someone and change your name it's still…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am unable to send whispers from my account. Every time I try, it says "Your whisper was not delivered." I am unable to determine what the issue was as I've been using the whispers functionality to send information to viewers that cannot be shared on screen including room codes for the games we're playing, information about their queue positions and so on.

Account is QuarrySea. This also seems to coincide with my bot account being incorrectly banned for doing exactly as he was programmed to do - TeddyBot3000.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?