Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

687 results found

1. Using /announce should be more visible to the end-user. "Highlight My Message" has more visibility than the /announce command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please fix the placement of pinned chat so it’s not blocking leaderboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why is the @name (if you start typing a name then hit tab it does not autocomplete the name anymore or show a list of names)? Having to typeout the name for @name or !so @name seems to revert back to the old days. Did you delete the coding on accident? As a mod for a few channels that is quite annoying. Can we fix this please?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shoutout  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many games that streamers play can be ruined when chat meta games. It would be cool if there was a /meta <message> so you could still talk with chat about what's going on without ruining for the streamer.

So if I were to type "/meta omg, xyz character is right around the corner!" only other people in chat and moderators can see it but its hidden to the streamer.

This would be huge for the RP community.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been seeing people saying spell checks from Windows to other Browsers don't work only on Twitch. Starting in April this is happening to lots of people and just a few days ago it happened to me. Please fix this it's obviously an issue with Twitch because none of us are having this problem in other webpages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I’d like to propose an improvement upon the recently introduced accessibility badges, the ones indicating if a viewer can only (partially) hear or see a broadcast.

User experience and in extend accessibility is there to remove cognitive friction while using an product or service. Accessibility features are for everyone, not just the people that rely on them.

Everyone profits from accessibility features, but for people to experience them they need to be discoverable. So I’d like to propose the following:

Add the option to automatically switch on/off audio-only badge, if it isn’t set by default, when a user consumes a…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Often channels are hit by viewers who are currently being shown video Ads such as Prerolls, or during a commercial break sending complaints to the chat about ads they are currently watching - which disrupts the flow of conversation in the chat, and the experience for viewers who are not currently watching ads.

The suggestion is to take away the option for users to type messages into chat while preroll advertisements are still being shown.

And give channels an optional setting to limit the ability to Chat to Ad-Free users (Turbo Users and Subscribers) And VIPs/Moderators which would be applied…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stamp list and chat banner overlap when watching the stream on Chrome when it is in theater mode.
    This happens when you resize your browser.
    I want to put the stamp list on the front.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are channels that I want to display the founder badge and channels that I do not want to display.
    I would like to be able to set each channel individually.

Audiences had similar opinions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The chat replies feature may be cool for some specific reasons, but most of the time is not helpful. The thread it creates is also hard to see compared to normal chat messages. It would be nice to be able to toggle this feature on or off. Similar to how you can turn off nigh mode

498 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released an update today that addresses some of the feedback in this thread:

• You can now once again highlight and copy messages for easy translation, raid message organization, and general copypastas
    • Clicking into the chat will not immediately open the reply function. On hover, the reply button in the top right of the message will initiate the reply

As it’s been a few days, curious to hear whether the initial feelings and experiences have changed!

Update: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1294378462451572746?s=20

12. Instead of only having the ability to display 3 badges, If you are a mod or VIP i would like the option to display 3 custom global or sub badges + the mod or VIP badge. Personally, I would display my mod badge ( required if you are a mod ) + my turbo badge + another fully custom global or sub badge of my choice. I think this would increase the incentive to get more badges as you could display more sub badges or more twitch con badges etc. all at once! Please upvote if you agree and provide…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Moderators of a channel have access to highlighted chat messages without the cost of channel points.
    this could have big impact in chats as moderator would be able to get a message across to either the chat or the streamer with ease without it being lost in a sea of messages.
    this could also be a fetuare the streamer could disable/enable if they dont want moderators to have access to free highlighhted messages.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It's a big problem for djs to be recognized if the account name doesn't contain DJ, like for example djblabla. If djs are using a normal name like peterparker, the other users can't identify them as content creators. On the other side, there is viewers, not active djs on twitch, using nicknames with dj in name. It's impossible to call up and support the content creaters, give shoutouts for owner and mods.

Make it like this: Twitch detects someone is streaming every x days for y hrs in category music. Twitch gives a notification to this user to register as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It is no surprise that if you watched any stream, most streamers have "Regulars" that they game with. I think there should be a badge a streamer can give to those that they play with constantly on stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I’d like there to be a toggle to enable or disable auto emotes for text emotes like these; :/ :) :( :D
    Normally when these are typed it’s automatically turned into a twitch emote but I don’t want that :/

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow to adjust the font size of the chat on IOS, or at least use a dynamic font to be able to adjust this in the phone settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I don't check twitch often for messages. I would love to have the ability to block getting whispers completely. not just stop it for strangers (people i don't follow or sub to) but from everyone.

I've had people i follow use it as a way to be like "join my discord" which personally freaks me out, then i've had people get mad that i didn't see their whisper while i'm streaming.

i wish i could just block it fully so I didn't have to deal with it anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Viewercard for each user, specifically those with permissions in each channel to use newly added commands, such as /announce and /shoutout, seems to be missing the output for those commands.

While i understand shoutouts actions are visible from the Modview/Dashboard, it would still be nice to be able to scroll through a moderator's chat history to view who they've previously shouted out.

It would also be nice, and downright common sense, to be able to view the content from a moderator's previous /announce use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wenn man in den Stream eines Content-Creators joint steht folgende Nachricht im Chat: Willkommen im Chat!- Ich würde vorschlagen dass man diese Nachricht Customizen kann, dass dann sowas steht wie: Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß in meinem Chat! -oder sonstige Nachrichten

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?