Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

4,083 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Screen burn from “Join the conversation” button on the Apple TV app. Please relocate the button to appear when I use my remote?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like the option to better format the pinned messages. For example being able to list a few bulletpoints. Right now it clumps it all together no matter what and that makes the message not come across that well. Or some other way longer messages could be shared with good visibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Here's what I mean (In the sense of the main web page):

1. Once you sign in to your Twitch account

2. Your given the option to remove said banner from the top section of the main web page.

3. Depending on the game "Under the section of Categories" you either like or love it should reflect throughout the main page. (I. e. if you a Mario / Zelda / Street Fighter / Mortal Kombat / Halo Fan; those are the only games that should appear on the page; if there's more games you like or love it'll show as well.

4. Eliminate the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. What I would like to see is having the option under the section known as "Featured Clips we think you'll like (which I don't), & from smaller communities: The option is to be able to select the ability to say "not interested" in said clip from either one; My reasons is that on every occasion I've seen from the thumbnail it's clips I have absolutely no interest in watching what so ever. Either because their clips from games, chats, speed runs / challenges on said game I have no interest in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What I would like to see please under the title I wrote which is "Under the section known as Categories".

I would like to see only the games I'm interested in when I'm signed in to my account. I feel that everyone who is already signed in should be able to go under this section and be able to only see the games their interest in, and also pick and choose which games they like (either do to playing it when young, and current).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Luego de que pasen 3 semanas (afiliación realizada el 11/2/24) aún no me aprueban mi solicitud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows 11, Google Chrome, When I Alt tab, then go back to the chrome window with twitch, text it typed backwards in the chat box. It would be nice if this didn't happen. it only happens with twitch and not other websites. It's not related to ctrl+shift, and its not related to related to the insert key. Pls Fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I had someone come into chat and use a popular play on words using the words knee, and grow. It is disgusting and should never happen. I get it happening once. But he was able to make over three accounts and keep using the same phrase over and over again. I did everything I can to ban as quick as possible but as a platform you guys HAVE to do better. That is a very common joke I see used in tts all the time. You guys need to ban it. The phrase should be inaccessible. On top of that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When a user that has a chat highlight (Returning Chatter, Suspicious User etc) the message content will be pushed slightly off screen, hidden beneath the "Send a message" box in Mod view. This means that mods have to either manually scroll down the chat to see the message, or wait for another chat message to push it up.

This is particularly an issue if, for example, a suspicious or monitored user says something undesirable that we might miss for longer than we would like to.

It seems that the height of the chat highlight banner is not factored into the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently there is a tag for viewing if a user is subscribed or not, but it doesn't provide the context of which tier the user is subscribed at (1,2, or 3). As such, developers have to make an API call either for every message, or concoct a cache system that becomes needlessly complicated.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello!
    i´m a Moderator on a bigger Channel and get Whispers alot. some of them have questions and some of them tend to write annoying stuff. But i just wanna have the feature to just deactivate Whisper for a specific user rather than blocking him, cause as a moderator it would be bad if i block him, so i wouldn´t see stuff hes posting in the chat anymore

Shortly

All users can Whisper to you -> you want to leave your whispers open -> Block specific users only to send you no whispers anymore

hope this is understandable :D

Kind…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add chat on Twitch app on Nintendo Switch consoles consoles to be able to communicate with live streamers and other people on chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am displeased with the trolls in the chat section of a popular streamer.
    They are characterized by using ASCII art and a barrage of the same words, appearing on multiple lines.
    Therefore, I would like the option to display only the first line of a multi-line statement.
    This option would hopefully minimize the impact of the chat trolls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Polls should have a toggle to allow viewers to select several options. Currently you can enable additional votes if viewers pay channel points, but this allows voting for the same option repeatedly. There isn't a way to allow votes for multiple different options while still limiting it to one vote per option per viewer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VALORANT_jpnを視聴していますがチャット欄が特定配信者の視聴者がその配信者内の試合に関係ない文化のコメントを使用しすぎていて、チャット欄を占拠状態でとても不快です。200人以上はブロックしています。
    何とかしてAuto modみたいにブラックリスト機能を他配信を見ているときに付けれないでしょうか。それか、簡単にブロックできるようにしてほしいです。

ー不快な例ー
    ・関係ない人の名前を突拍子もなく出す(LIVE試合に出てない、当日の試合の選手でもない人。何で?)
    ・同じスタンプを10個まとめて出す。大量の人が同じスタンプを出す(チャットが流れる原因なので配信として良くない)
    ・{配信者}行くわ(配信を見に来ている・してる側が不快になるだけなのでマジでカスなコメント。)
    ・調べればすぐわかることをチャットで聞く。これは特定配信者の視聴者関係ないけど(chatbotや○○さんについてにリンクありますよね?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users in Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The option to vote on polls with bits disappeared overnight with no announcement and no viable replacement.

This was a great way for viewers to financially support streamers in a way that contributed to choices made on stream (In my channel it was used for character selection within a game and variety game choice outside of the main stream game). I understand if a new concept is ready to go that creators can use as an alternative, but as long as there is no alternative, streamers who used this feature and Twitch itself will lose revenue.

I'm not sure why…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an endpoint to fetch info about the new Twitch stories that have been added.

Would be pretty useful for example to post a notification (or post the whole pic or video) in Discord so people on desktop have quick access to the stories since they are mainly about information of if a stream is gonna happen or when.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My friend whose nick was 3wenly was banned. And chat without him is not such chat. Chat with him was so perfect and positive, but he was banned.... His suggest for unban also was denied so can you please unban him.... He realized that he wasn't right and next time he will be more careful with his communication, so can you please unban him. If you will not ban him, my friend will be so sad and he will take extreme measures. So he will be very happy if twitch will unban him.... so pleaseee

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users in Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a twitch API endpoint for setting /restrict [user]. We can use PubSub for subscribing to the events and we can check suspicious user status. But there isn't currently as far as i can tell a documented a way to set restricted mode outside of chat message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?