Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1035 results found

1. Recently, there appears to be a significant problem with bot accounts posting unsolicited links for the "cheap viewer" scam. While it's possible for individual accounts to block links entirely, this doesn't resolve the issue of the bot account as a whole.

To this end, I believe there should be a ban on any account where their first time chat in a given channel includes any kind of link. This would be an option set by Twitch themselves and not configurable by streamers individually. In addition, it would also be helpful if a system could be put in place where any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Users in Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For the Delete Chat Messages API: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference/#delete-chat-messages

Give us the ability to provide a reason. Previously, when we timed out a user for a second to delete messages, we could provide a reason. We should have the ability to specify why a message is deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Permanently unlock emotes from streamers.

You regurarly turn in to multiple streams and want to use their emotes but can't afford paying for 10+ streamer subscriptions.
    How about letting us unlock specific emotes for bits. You can unlock multiple emotes from the same streamer and multiple streamers but you pay bits for each single emote.

Since it's bits twitch gets a cut and the streamer gets a cut.

The downside might be that subscriptions loose a little value as they make the stream AD-Free AND unlocks the emotes but i don't think it would be to bad.

Thanks for taking…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In recent months, a number of fake and bot accounts have been spamming messages saying "Best Viewers on cutt.ly/........" or "Cheap Viewers on cutt.ly/........" . They are posting fake links that lead to fake follower websites that, by suspicion, would lead to hacks and other people's accounts becoming compromised. In Mod View, under Modes, and in Blocked Terms, I tried listing "Best Viewers on cutt.ly/", "Best Viewers," and "Cheap Viewers" as blocked terms in hopes of preventing future fake accounts from spamming the same message. But this has not worked at all.

Dear Twitch Support, you need to buckle down…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since it is possible to add a user as an Editor of our channel it would also be useful to create a Badge for such a person, which will show who oversees the channel and helps us with it. People who win some awards often do not know which person to report to and write to each moderator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For some reason chat replay for vods is not available in embedded experiences. Making chat replay possible for vods would make the embedded experiences better and richer.

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am seeing so many others with this same issue, you do nothing to help them since many still have no chat access after weeks, months, years... with no seeming reason for putting specific accounts on forced verification sitewide.
    this happened suddenly to me mid stream & i cant chat anywhere except the stream i was in when it was triggered somehow. ive opened support tickets but am holding no hope & no trust since support & twitch do not care about its userbase. do better dan clancy... this on top of previous harassment by users that nothing ever was…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Extend the "Unpin After" time of a pinned message to 60 minutes instead of 30

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a user, I would like to connect more with my favorite streamer or any other streamer I like. We could achieve this by implementing a voice donation button. This means my voice would be recorded through my phone's microphone and posted as a voice note so the streamer can hear my voice and connect more. This could generate monetary benefits. However, I understand that this could lead to abuse, harassment, or vulgarities. Therefore, artificial intelligence could be used. Just as there are AI systems that transcribe, there should be one that can establish context and identify which voice notes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Moderators should be able to watch the streams they mod for without having to deal with ad breaks.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recently we found a bug that cause by slow mode. The viewer didn't break any rules but it get auto time out by another moderator, the viewer finally able to chat again after we turn off slow mode at chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users in Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Because of all the spambots most users have their whisper setting set to block incoming whispers. If 2 users have whispers blocked they cant whisper each other at all, even if they know and trust eachother, without having to activate whispers and deactivate it again afterwards.

If the friend list feature that used to exist would be brought back then they could keep whispers on blocked for non-friends while still being able to whisper with friends.

It is always a MASSIVE nuisance when i for example want to share a youtube link with someone but they have to unblock whispers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If a word/phrase is blocked in a streamer's chat, mods should not be allowed to send chat messages that include that word/phrase either. Just because they are a mod in the channel doesn't mean the streamer wants to see the word/phrase come from them either.

It's also unfair to expect every single mod of a channel to remember every word/phrase a streamer has blocked so they don't use it. It's a simple fix that i think would benefit everyone on Twitch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I watch twitch to connect with people and it is impossible to do so. Can't confirm account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes a streamer just bans a person in chat, but sometimes they talk to them first.

It can be confusing to know who they are talking to. Chances are the streamer or the mods likely clicked on the person's username of the person they are not having a good time interacting with.

That clicking action could cause the words [USER YOU BLOCKED] simply in the first instance of that troll in the chat, where the streamer or mod clicked.

Now any interactions by the other chatters with the troll will be more obvious. And you will not be looking for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am on a Microsoft surface pro and when i chat with the touch screen keyboard it will auto correct a correct work onto the word i was typing. Like hello will come out helloeello. This does not happen when i use the normal keyboard. I think it is a twitch bug because I do not have this issue anywhere else. It is very annoying. Just wondering if anyone else notices this and if it can be fixed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Хочу сказати.Що я стрімлю вже більше 5 напевно років.Це мій новий канал але до цього були інші.І я напевно буду покидати цю ідею стрімінгу,бо в мене немає зовсім результатів.Знаю можливо це моя провина можливо (напевно я не такий цікавий але за 5 років .В мене навіть не було афілейта.Навіть зараз я стрімлю по багато годин і в мене не набирається бо скоріш за все я не попадаю в рекомендації і тому подібне.Я багато робив для своїх каналів,я багато викладався але я вже більше не можу.Скоріш за все твіч мене просто ненавидить((.Мені все одно що це виглядає те що я жаліюсь…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, the /followed command only tells the user the date they followed and the number of years they've followed for

To line this up better with 3rd-party verients and make it more practical, This should also include the number of months and days too, for example: "2 Years, 7 Months, and 10 days " instead of just "2 Years"

Bonus points if there's a non-intrusive way to share this, preferable without the user simply just saying "I did /followed and it's x amout of time"

Though twitch's implimentation is likely to just be something like /lurk does, which is effectively…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When it is a Streamers anniversary, there is a chat pop-up that shows to the user asking if they want to celebrate, clicking this puts a certain text into the users chat box so they can share it!!!

Problem: If the user does not interact with this pop-up and simply allows it to disappear/timeout, the pop-up still puts this text into the users chat box and focuses the chat. Which could allow for acciental messages to be typed into the chat box and send in chat, say you were typing out something important just for the Chat box to take…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add to Twitch iPad the same Chat Overlay Customizations that the Twitch iPhone has.

On the iPhone Twitch app, while watching a stream, you can turn your phone to landscape mode, click settings, and there is an option to click Chat Overlay Customizations such as Adjust Overlay Opacity, change the chat vertical position, and chat horizontal position.

There is also an option on the iPhone to change the way the Chat Switching Shortcut button works to toggle between Chat Overlay, Column Chat, and No Chat. This feature is not on the iPad.

I like to chat in streams on my…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?