Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1035 results found

1. IMO The whisper system needs a total rework, I think you should only be able to whisper to someone you're currently in a stream with similar to a / chat command(/whisper).

And whispers as they are now should be converted to private messages which can only be sent to and from people who are mutually following eachother.

As for Ban appeals that needs it's own system where you can start a chat that is accessible from mod view and can be seen and replied to by all mods and each mod can independently close/leave the chat for themselves but not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "******" is a slur when used deragotory and therefore I think it should be banned when context is bad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the ability to choose an amount of time under 10 minutes for follower only mode. The jump from 0 seconds to 10 minutes is too high and there should be a middleground

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. These symbols appear on screen ®©™

WHY!!

Not sure if there are others, but why are these displayed as emotes bouncing around on screen?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add Arabic to the language accessibility, a lot of the people I raise awareness for speak Arabic and I want to encourage them to use twitch so they can go live and explain their situations to people, and hopefully raise money to help save the lives of their families. The situations are very sad and I truly believe twitch could help save the lives of so many people, you guys just need to add Arabic so twitch can be language Accessible for them!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I accidentally banned a normal chatter when banning a bot that was above them in chat and despite me unbanning them, they still got consequences from it (like getting a suspicious user warning on them in other channel's chats or any other things I may not be aware).

I'd love if there was an unban that wasn't a "second chance" to a user but a complete clear of a potential human error from a streamer which gave no consequences to the victim of the accidental ban!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shopify is a leading eCommerce platform designed to help businesses create, manage, and grow their online stores with ease. Its user-friendly interface makes it accessible for beginners, while offering advanced features for experienced users. Shopify provides a variety of customizable themes and a robust app store, allowing businesses to tailor their online presence to their unique brand and operational needs. With built-in SEO tools, secure payment processing, and responsive mobile optimization, Shopify ensures a seamless shopping experience for customers. Additionally, Shopify’s multichannel integration enables businesses to sell across various platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon. For reliable support and scalability,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, chat commands are visible to all viewers in the chat. I propose an option that allows streamers to configure specific chat commands so that their responses are only visible to subscribers. This feature would provide additional value to subscribers and encourage more viewers to support their favorite streamers.

Benefits:

Enhanced Subscriber Perks: Giving subscribers exclusive access to certain information or features can enhance their viewing experience and provide added value for their subscription.

Increased Subscriber Engagement: Streamers can create unique and interactive experiences for their subscribers, fostering a closer community and encouraging more interaction.

Attracting More Subscribers: Exclusive features…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. mobile twitch overlay chat needs settings that allow tweaking the background/text opacity&size, the option to hide the other buttons on the other side, & integration of 3rd party emotes for a better experience for the watcher

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think it would be cool to add the :pinched_fingers: and the "ok hand" emotes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a mod in many streams, I am familiar with the blocked terms.
    Lately though, I noticed messages coming through, even though terms are blocked.
    The only thing i can think of, is that there are "zero-width-spaces" in between some letters. You cannot see a difference, but there is.
    Could it be possible to just don't allow the use of the zero-width-spaces ?
    Because the amount of spam accounts coming through once they all use it, is way too high.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you use the new Gigantify power-up in chat, the emote you Gigantify will permanently load the 3x URL in chat, shrunk down to 1x size. This can cause issues for emotes that have variations depending on size, or for pixel-perfect emotes (sprites) in multiple situations.

Oddly, if the chat is not visible (in a background tab for some period of time [idle?]) at the time the gigantified emote is posted, any of the same emote posted while still not visible may use the expected size, rather than the 3x. I'm not entirely sure on the trigger conditions.

Refreshing the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a user on browser hovers over a emote in Twitch chat, it brings up a small text overlay with the text name of the emote. This overlay allows users to select the text within it, which makes it very difficult to highlight and copy chat message (example: raid messages to copy/paste into the next stream).

Can the CSS be adjusted so that these little overlays with text can't be selected with the cursor? Should be an easy fix with a few lines of CSS. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pinning messages at the very top of the screen is next to useless. The fact is 95% or more of chatters just do not look allll the way up at the top of the chat. And why would they? The text box is at the bottom. All of the chat control buttons and the emote menu is at the bottom. It makes no sense for pins to be across the entire screen.

This is so obvious when something is attempted to be answered through a pinned message, the vast majority of people just keep asking repeat questions anyway.

The clear…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Okay so I think we're all aware Twitch says no to multi chat, I think it's a highly stupid and parasitic approach to maintain a healthy followership, let's face the facts, YouTube crushes Twitch.TV hands down in every feasible way in terms of daily use and volume. Twitches pie is shrinking, whether they or anyone else wants to say it, they now have competitors.

Why on earth isolate the YouTube community from participating in a live audience or any other platform for that matter. I for one would have never found twitch had it not been for YouTube nor 90%…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make it HARDER TO DELETE ALL CLIPS, i accidentally deleted all 1,000 clips, so make there be an undo button or a three-step process to delete all

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let streamer customize the empty chatbox "Sent a message" text. Like "No spoilers" or "No backseating" or whatever. Maybe even give a option that you have to click "ok" if it's your 1st message. Could be useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The chat warning feature is useful but could use some tweaks.
    1) Show the fact that a warning was issued to a user in all moderator's chat feed (currently it only shows in the Mod Actions pane in moderator view).
    2) Multiple moderators can warn the same user. If a user is still under an unacknowledged warning, it make sense that the 2nd mod gets a "This user already has a warning they have not yet acknowledged" message or something similar. Since they can not chat until they acknowledge, it cannot be for a subsequent transgression anyway.

edit: It also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello,

I am using Google Chrome as my web browser.

Problem 1:
    I always work with twitch in the back of my screen, taking ½ or 1/3 of the screen.
    Since a few months, I happen to have a strange behavior concerning the "screen @media" property in the .css of the HTML.

Here is what it was doing and what it should be doing.
    ->Open chat, reduce browser size to the side, make the stream in theatre mode. Now stream is on top and chat is at the bottom as intended.

Now here is what it does.
    ->Open chat, reduce…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I received a ban from moderators in a chat, then I stop seeing messages from other users. I want if I get ban, I can see what people write in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?