Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1169 results found

1. For months upon months now I have been facing an issue with an increasing number of bots engaging in View Botting, Host Botting, and follow for follow economies, as well as a startling amount of Analytic Data gathering. It's absolutely disgusting that some of these bot channels are allowed to affiliate, and in one or two extreme cases (Hello, Commanderroot.) even are partners. It's frankly horrifying to me to see the analytic ones allowed to exist specifically.

We need an ability to remove these things from our channel completely. Banning a bot doesn't do anything if it's still allowed to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Over the last few years there have been more and more of these fake viewers popping into my streams that just sit there and do nothing, they're bots, they don't chat they don't follow they don't do anything but take up space and make it harder to see where my real viewers are. Its tiring and frustrating to know these bots even exist, I want them gone!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dear Twitch Staff,
    I know my opinion is just a shoot in the abyss and nobody will ever read it. Despite this, I am going to make a small attempt.

I decided to write this, because I witnessed how a single user with a fake account can force to "expel" my viewers. It was not a regular troll, because he harassed not only the broadcaster (me), but also the normal users in the chat. In addition, he followed me, so he will receive information when exactly I will start a stream. I saw pointless to ban him (even if I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. These 4 been following and unfollowing me MANY TIMES and I am tired of it. Twitch needs to make a way to keep any users from following you. I know for a fact these 4 usernames are the same person. I have proof and I have emails they been following and unfollowing me at same time.

Kirilfrolov847
    MKVTeam
    ChitusNG
    Chitus7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hola

Sugiero poder eliminar seguidores tóxicos de manera fácil de nuestro canal y banear gente con canales altamente inapropiados que infunden odio. El problema de reportalos es que luego pueden tomar represalias de otras maneras. Gracias

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If the account was banned from, let's say, 5-10 other channels, it will not be allowed to chat in yours.
    In order to limit the accounts just trying to get ban the fastest.
    Yes, they can create new accounts, but it will limit the number of trolls and hate speech in chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Twitch likes to just mute out the whole audio sections from a clip when there is copyrighted music. Which makes that section odd to watch since there is no audio at all. My solution to this would be for twitch to instead of just muting out the segment, they should just take the copyrighted song, and apply an inverted signal to it. So that way, the song would essentially be silenced/ canceled out by the two signals, however, everything else would be fine and you'd be able to hear streamer, any sort of in-game sounds or irl sounds. That way,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If you are a smaller streamer and don't want the harassment of someone unwanted you, you should be able to remove & block them from following you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Limit the number of streams/chats that a single account can be logged into simultaneously. I've noticed that there are a lot of bot-accounts that appear in EVERYONE's chat rooms, but never as viewers. These accounts seem highly suspicious, and I personally would feel better if they were no longer able to "infect" twitch with their frivolous logging of every chat's activities. Besides the fact that the chat replies from Twitch could be used as cheap DDoS source, they could also be exploiting the chats to infect their users in some way.
    I think that a limit of 10 chats/streams for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

1,814 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Twitch responded

We’re happy to announce that we have released an additional update to address these concerns. Streamers can now prevent their banned users from watching their livestreams. You can find and turn on this feature in the Moderation settings section of the Creator Dashboard, through the “Stop banned users from viewing stream” toggle.

Please note, this update 1). does not prevent users from watching livestreams from an incognito window or while logged out and 2). does not prevent users from viewing VODs, clips or highlights. We plan to explore extending the functionality of bans further, including but not limited to preventing VOD and clip playback.

In addition, we’ve made an update so that users that are blocked will now automatically be blocked from watching a streamer’s livestreams.

We will leave this thread open for your other points regarding preventing view of other content types and account creation.

https://x.com/TwitchSupport/status/1712166618594259237?s=20

12. Add flag & visual identification for accounts used by bots, via the registration proces.
    Auto exclude these accounts from getting fe. gifted subs. Add option to remove bots from chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have an issue with bots in my chat. I don't need to see them listed alongside real users. What I ask for, is that you can right click them and "label as bot". Putting them into a different kind of 'listing' on the 'see who is in your chat' popup. This does not mean you kick them, or ban them or etc... it just means that "you" can see whether they are bots or real users. Or any User on your channel when opening up the list of viewers, can see that they are at the bottom, listed under…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As recently as today I have noticed an "Are you sure?" box pop up whenever I click the Block button. As a user who prefers to have full control over his viewing experience, I find this unacceptable. I should be able to filter out who I do and do not wish to see in chat, and this function only serves to slow me down or prevent me from doing it entirely. At the very least you need to add a "Do Not Ask Me About This Again" checkbox.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It takes 4 clicks, then a description to report someone in chat.

Surely there doesn't need to be 3 pages of a dozen choices each in order to sort the reports. I'm not aware of any other platform that approaches reporting this way.

In cases where a busy chat is being raided by malicious actors, you will let most of them through without being reported, in the time it takes to report one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please give use an option to chosse between a normal and a silent ban.
    What a silent ban is? If i silent ban someone, the banned person will not see it. He will not get a message and he still can write in chat. But noone without him can read it.
    Why? Against trolling and against getting troll to make new accounts after thex get banned.
    With a silent ban a troll will keep writing but get no attention!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The gamer community is a well known toxic ground for girls, just yesterday while watching a Brazilian league of legend tournament many users were posting toxic and thresh posts about the first Brazilian girl to play in a big league of legend team (CNB), we can't let this attitude go unpunished or just forget it. Twitchs needs to take a step forward and create a campaign to protect and encourage girls to keep on playing and follow their dreams. Twitch also need to encourage players to report this kind of attitude and punish this kind of "bad, for community, gamer".…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Whispers only has 'report harrassment' or 'report spam'. This does not cover other things that could happen like threats. Give us the ability to make a report like there is elsewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's not unusual for streamers to get banned for accidentaly bringing up NSFW stuff or saying something inappropriate (racism for example) during stream, soo i had an idea to add a censorship option for streamers, this would allow them to censor parts of the stream soo when someone who are sensitive to that stuff watches it they don't need to see/hear what was censored, you guys may also add an option for people to see what was censored but that is all up to you guys.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?