Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1135 results found

1. As shown in this image

https://imgur.com/a/wpcMohm

Twitch is not word wrapping the message a moderator leaves for the viewer correctly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With recent changes to the Twitch channel interface on desktop browser, not only is chat hidden by default when opening the channel, but users can be stuck having chat hidden with no way to get it back easily.

If the user changes their window dimensions in such a way as to prompt Twitch to hide chat, they cannot bring it back without first stretching the window to be wide enough that Twitch deigns to display the "Expand" control at the edge of the page to unhide chat.

With recent changes, this control may not be accessible on windows displayed on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TWITCH SHOULD BE REACHING OUT TO ARTISTS AND GETTING APPROVAL FOR ENTIRE PLATFORM!!! Many many many artists would love to be able to have their music played on as many streams as possible. After all, it's FREE MARKETING!! Twitch should work with these labels who own the rights to make these decisions over the artist, and bring music back to streams. Artists get free marketing, labels make more off of that as ewell as the artists, and viewers and streamers alike get a much more enjoyable product that can also lead them to music they love that they might've never…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm a streamer on this platform, and have been for quite a few years. I would like to talk about some issues that I have with the new code of conduct of community guidelines if you would give me the chance, and that would be the dress code here on twitch.

Twitch is a platform for all who wish to voice their opinions, play games, or provide any sort of entertainment, and I'm all for supporting that. However, there is an on-going problem that I am noticing every day, and it's getting worse. I am a female streamer on twitch.…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many streamers like myself are having their streams muted for songs that are embedded in games. Furthermore, since CW strikes are at the forefront of the majority of streamers, automatically muting streams for licensed music (the guild have acquired said licenses) creates more "paperwork" than necessary.

While I do agree with banning CW music without proper licensing, muting audio and then having to justify constantly for EVERY stream is unnecessary. BMI and others have API callbacks available to moderate for said CW music.

For music not from these companies, but under a license, a system should be in place where…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The current system on Twitch where you have Mature Audience setting, you really need to add a better Age Verification system than a button to confirm you are of age. To me this is lazy age verification, you need to have actual age verification before being allowed to watch streams that are marked for Mature Audience. It's such a simple process where you can confirm your age once with a third-party entity that can verify your actual age with official documents, so no documents are handled by Twitch directly, thus keeping the security and confidentiality of it's users sensitive information.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow streamers to set a default VOD description which would be automatically added to any new VODs created. It might include things such as credits for creative commons content they use, etc. so they can avoid DMCA strikes twitch seems intent on holding us responsible for and include stuff like their social links and other info.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ToS says that you can't endanger yourself or break the law or consume illicit drugs, as marijuana has become legal in many states and legal medically in many more it seems obvious that accounts promoting safe consumption, creation, and general education about marijuana should be allowed and appreciated as opposed to banned as if they were promoting illegal behavior. There is a lot of this content on youtube already and it could exist here on twitch in a live format that would allow people to ask questions and actually get a response in real time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I gotten a Appeal Muted Audio almost been 14 days would be nice if someone look at it before gets deleted from the site you know how about not letting music get muted if no one is going to review the video seem unfair don't you think? Not even a opinion to explain what happened or download the video without the Muted Audio but just like YouTube twitch is on the side of the music people not there users on the site

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since Body Painting has been established as a valid category on the platform, there has been a noticeable lack of encouragement from Twitch in creating a healthy community around it. This lack of support is further emphasized by the massive push back and public harassment of Body Painters online, including but not limited to: Organized hate raids by other streamers, Streamers sexualizing body painters on their own live streams, Public groups that organize mass reports on body painters, Lack of response by Twitch to counter the culture of continued degradation of women through objectification by viewers (including inappropriate usernames).

Twitch…

906 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey guys!

There were some discussions that weren’t super applicable to feedback and I have gone ahead and removed them.

We super appreciate the feedback and want to keep hearing your ideas. Please just keep it focused on bodypainting/body art community and feedback around that, over feedback on specific channels/users.

If you have anyone who you are concerned about on Twitch or someone who you are worried about how they are acting on Twitch always feel empowered to report them so our team can further investigate the situation.

12. With the growing popularity of using virtual worlds to connect, teach and communicate, Second Life really should be allowed.

Not all of SL is "mature". There are universities present, corporations with "campuses", virtual concerts and charity events. Today, one of the book clubs interviewed Larry Niven, who was in-world, in full avatar as one of his own characters.
    Give it some thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Your algorithm intended to mute 3 songs in the stream, but muted 20 minutes of the stream which included sections of the stream when those songs were NOT being played.

The flag also listed the song as 3:30+ seconds when only 0:30 seconds of the song was played.

You need to add a section under "Appeal Muted Audio" to state "portions of the playback were muted in error" and "DO NOT contain the songs listed in the flag report."

Also, you should allow users to download this audio without muting since it will not be streamed on your site.

You…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bot's and fake viewer's/People in My Live Stream it needs to stop I am very sick of it for when I see 1 or 2 viewer's I will be so fast to say this" Hi to my 1 or 2 or how ever many (ect). Plus I will also say and always ask" How are you and How is your lovey day going today." (The reason I am very mad about this that when I say and ask my viewer's IN MY STREAM NOTHING IS SAID OR ANYTHING BECAUSE IN MY LIVE STREAM BIO I HAVE IT WHERE IT SAYS…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is a known issue on twitch with spam bots. It's very hard to fight them because it's impossible to just add some key words into filter because they generate those words out of different symbols that look the same as original symbol. My idea is to create a neural network AI that will be trained to ban such messages. Moderators will have ability to turn the AI on\off and control the timeout\ban amount of seconds

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Game directories, e.g. https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/VALORANT on the website should not include channels that you blocked. This already works on mobile but not on the website.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While I recognize that there are already guidelines against harmful/illegal uses of substances on camera, I have come across multiple channels whereas this is exactly what was going on. While I do not make it a job to report each channel I come across that does this, I have recently reported one, solely because there was a **** that was purposely laced on camera. The channel points were titled "joints", the stream time was "wake and bake" and she was clearly getting high on stream (that was not even set to "mature", so any minor could easily jump onto this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When a song gets muted from a VOD, make it show the song name of which it detected and then muted.

Sometimes you hear a song and wanna get the name of it, but then you can't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?