Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1135 results found

1. I believe that the Twitch Audio Algorithm meant to catch and mute copyrighted material should be improved upon.

Many streamers have had parts of a VOD muted due to a copyrighted song, even though that song is a part of the game, and is in-game audio. The streamer likely paid for the game, so they aren't streaming the game with that song in it for free.

I believe the Algorithm should improve upon looking for audio that is both inside and outside of the game, OR, whenever the Algorithm checks for copyrighted material, a real person needs to give the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Lately, these bans attacking everyone are complicated.

What if they create a way for users who are watching streaming to confirm the bans?An example: Suppose I am watching a stream where the creator of the content does something that will upset me, in which case I request a ban confirmation for all other users who are watching the same stream, and if the percentage rate is in favor ban, the ban is approved by the majority.What do you think? Fair enough?Note: Please, if you like the idea, don't take it for yourself. I await an answer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have been thinking about an easy way to ban multiple banned users on multiple channels. I am thinking especially of names that violate the guidelines or are known to be bot accounts. Especially with regard to followbot and chatbot attacks.
    A Simple Txt-file that you can export and import would be enough.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When watching a vod, which I do plenty. It can be annoying to try and scroll through the small time slider to reach the end of a break where music has caused copyright and the vod is muted. A prompt saying would you like to skip to when the vod is no longer muted would be very helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. copy write laws should not effect new streamers that are not being paid for their streams, once one gets affiliated then and only then should copy write laws apply .. playing my favorite songs in my streams helps my audience get to know me through my interests and sense i haven't built a live audience yet having my audio muted is a huge burden!!! most of my views happen after my streams... please change this i am not breaking the law until i am profiting off of that content!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your Terms Of Service is censorship in areas where females and those who identify as female live outside of the United States of America, where showing 'nipples' is not considered frontal upper body nudity in the eyes of the Canadian Constitution, and human rights. It was considered sexist to keep women tethered to a rule that did not apply equally to men in all conditions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Similar to the Watch Party. This way Streamers could share music with some of the viewers (prime members) without this whole DMCA problem because only viewers who have access to the songs anyway can listen to them.

The only issue would be how you would handle that the streamer hears the music too, without making it audible for nonprime members. But this way people would still have to pay somewhere to listen to the music to give the artists credit and at the same time it would improve the quality of streams. In my opinion, this would even help musicians…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest adding a new chat mode that allows only users with "permission to talk" to send messages to a chat; call it a "VIP-Only Chat" session, for example /viponly.

This would allow creating limited chats that not every single subscriber is allowed to join in on, which could be very useful if there are too many participants in the chat to carry out a discussion with readable interaction between chatters.

But also allow moderators to also give one user or a few users permission to speak that would allow others to speak that does not have the limitations of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I know Twitch CEO went over this at Twitch-con San Diego 2019 with some good pluses towards this better chance. I have no idea when that will be implemented into today's Twitch Moderation, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

But anyways, some things he did not mention was these ideas and should add-on or I would recommend a complete overhaul on the enforcement.

• We should be able to see in our own dashboards of previous infractions that are on the account and not removed due to being expired or mistakened suspensions. We, as live streamers, or even users (non-live…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Thanks for putting together Creator Camp in the first place! It has a wealth of resources and gives me more confidence to get started.

One thing I would like more information about is how to avoid copyright issues with playing music on my channel while streaming. I know some streamers do this already and I would like to know their workarounds (especially since listening to certain kinds of music is a big part of my life and personality).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To help with the new stuff coming with banning people it should have an optional feature to require an account to view a stream. And to go further to set the level of account i.e. required just an account, require an account with a verified email, require the account to be at least x hours/days old.
    That way those people we've banned cannot just sit there logged out stalking us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For those who don't know, inting is whenever someone intentionally gives kills, gold, and exp to the enemy and makes it so the enemy has a higher chance of winning, while the team where the inter is on has a lower chance. This is a huge problem in League of Legends specifically

After a clip of a pretty popular LoL streamer surfaced where he was inting and saying "Im going to make my team lose" (or something along those lines), the LoL community wants to have this guy and everyone who ints, popular or unknown, punished. I think a way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. einfavh mal dazu schreiben wie man genau geld verdient oder wo durch und ob man copyright musik benutzen darf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. First of all, I'm unsure if this in the right section? (please move to right location if not)

Anyway, we all like watching our favourite streamers right? Some play music and some either don't or play Non copyrighted music for legal/ad friendly reasons.

I would like a 2nd volume control option on the video player itself that is JUST for music that the broadcaster can stream thier music to.

Benefit for the broadcaster;

• Can stream normally and listen to their music without fear of being unable to monetise later. This secondary volume control feed would not be part of archive…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twitch have been 100% disgraceful and corrupt as of late, firstly they take 10 years to reply to a ticket urgent or not, they support cyber bulling and suspend people who stand up to trolls in streamers chat or game being played, they suspend you for 7 days and it lasts 14+ days which a joke...twitch really need to pull their heads out of their a$$es and this point.... twitch should be ashamed of themselves

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. La noche del 17 de enero, mientras estaba retransmitiendo, sufrí un spam de followers, haciendo imposible la retransmisión debido al constante sonido de las notificaciones, luego continuo el spam en el chat, lo que me obligo a desactivar las notificaciones y activar el chat solo para subscriptores.

Me gustaría saber si twitch cuenta con alguna protección para estos casos de acoso, y si se podria revisar mi canal y eliminar todas las cuentas falsas(unas 900 cuentas) que desde anoche han aumentado el numero de seguidores ilegales en mi canal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?