Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Currently when exporting a VOD to YouTube you can export it as a single file or split it into 15 minute segments if you YouTube isn't verified. What I am requesting is that an additional option is added to split the export into 12 hour segments since this is the maximum that YouTube will accept.

The reason I would like this is that any of my streams that are over 12 hours are unable to be added to my YouTube unless I split them into 15 minute segments but this just doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure I'm not the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In this most recent age the unpublish feature is really helpful but in order to clip, highlight and even watch the VOD you have to publish it first. Which defeats the purpose

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In my twitch livestreams I often play multiple games.
    Afterwards I exported the whole VOD to Youtube and split the content in multiple videos by using the Youtube Video Editor; with that I was able to sort the content according to the game in playlists and categories, because on Youtube one video can only be categorized in one category/game.

Youtube now removed the feature to "split videos to new videos" 😐

"No one used that and you can still easily download, split and reupload the Videos", Youtube says. 🙄
    That is BS, because Download is limited to 720p and Youtube…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When you are casting a video in a collection to chromecast, at the end of the video it will not auto advance to the next video in the collection. You have to stop casting, wait for the next video to start, and then re-cast the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When you start your stream we all know that during peak hours not everyone will get transcoding (720p-460p-360p-160p). As far as I currently understand the rule, you will get transcoding if there is a channel available with partners getting priority. So what I and some others do when we don't get transcoding is to reboot your stream a few times till you get it. This however can sometimes take 4 to 7 reboots.

So if you have to reboot your stream for 4 to 7 times you end up having 4 to 7 vods of 10~20 sec long. Now I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a setting that can be enabled for when streaming multiple games. It would be nice that when you change the game that you are playing in Twitch, it would automatically create a new VOD with the new game/category and title. Its better for organizing and we wont have to stop/start the stream. This way we don't have to interrupt our audience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When looking at your list of VODs to see which you want to carve up into smaller highlights, currently it lists the original air date and how many days remain before it auto-expires.

However if you are already on the last day before the VOD expires, you may think that there is more time left before it expires than is actually the case.

If we could see the time listed (in your local/set time zone) that the VOD will auto-delete, Or the number of hours/mins on that final day then we could schedule editing time much better!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Streamers should be able to alert their followers that a new VOD is published on their channel.
    I find it unfortunate that the visibility for a streamer is just when they start a live stream and not when they work for their channel after live.

(sorry for my bad English)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to select multiple videos/highlights/VODS from the Video Producer and export them to YouTube all at once.

This will save time and makes things easier for users.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Every streamer runs into a few issues with trolls. Half of the time with trolls or DMCA content, users have to completely delete VODs. Well, unlike Twitch but on other platforms you're able to edit "VODs" a lot more with a lot more detail. That included to making parts quiet, to louder. Replacing or adding music to the vod, or even bluring or blocking unsafe content for the vod and even removing DMCA content from the vod without removing your whole vod to follow through with DMCA.

These systems have been around for ages and I'm completely flabbergasted about twitch's…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Basically I just want the ability to rewatch the VOD‘s which were streamed in squad mode (like races of multiple streamers) how I watched them live.

Like multiple perspectives and being able to switch in between.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We are a cognitive neuroscience lab studying how video games can promote improved reading and attentional ability. The goal of our research is to determine what qualities of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability, so that game developers and clinicians can work together to design therapeutic games to help individuals with reading or attentional disorders, such as dyslexia.
    As part of this research we analyse gameplay videos of people playing various video games to determine which characteristics of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability. Your platform is an excellent source of public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sometimes I'd like to only watch the best parts of a past broadcast. I think this could be achieved by showing "chat volume" or the amount of chat messages sent at every point in time in graph form.

Or maybe some other form of engagement would work, like a high frequency of LULs might indicate funny moments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a search and filter by game in video producer.

Here is a example of what I am looking for as a feature -> https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/677684879986786365/716636928514195516/Video-search.jpg

Reason for Feature request:
    When you have thousands of Highlights, its very difficult to scroll thru the provided section to find certain highlights from years ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love a skip 30 seconds forward/backwards button to the vod viewer. could be 15 seconds. It is often difficult to scrub back and forth when the vod length is very long.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Often, I need to watch past broadcast but it's long to select the channel then search video that I want to watch.
    So I suggest an UX idea about Playlist and save past broadcast or actual live to watch later on my twitch account (smartphone and pc browser).

Thank you twitch, your my TV <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When streamers get muted in a VOD, it is really difficult to tell what exactly got the audio muted. If streamers could get information on what they got muted for, they could remove it from a playlist so it doesn't happen again in the future. A good example of this is how I was playing music from a supposed non-copyright playlist, but my audio is muted because of 1-2 songs throughout the VOD. I have no way of telling what those songs are and can't remove them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Seria bem melhor se as lives pudessem permanecer salvas no site para qualquer um poder entrar para assistir e se gostar se inscrever no canal, o criador de conteúdo deixaria organizado em playlist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maybe you could add an option to add multiple categories?

Sometimes, halfway through my stream I'll switch categories because there's nothing left to do, for example, Genshin, and then head over to another game. However, you'd have to head into stream manager and switch the title and the category. Once the stream is over and the video gets uploaded, it places it under only one category.

You could fix this by allowing us to add multiple categories in the stream! Or maybe, you could separate the videos once you switch the game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?